Scarface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
    Are you sure that Moroder wrote the soundtrack for Superman 3?
    Most of it, largely based on Williams' original score. The rest was composed by Ken Thorne (who did Superman II's score).

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      I really didn't like the movie. It was hyped up a lot by people and by the time I got to see it a few years ago it just fell flat.
      The same thing happened for me to be honest. It wasn't a bad movie, it's just something I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch again.

Oh and especially the "say hello to my little friend" line. I guess I've been tainted by modern movie techniques and expected him to burst in with more bullets and explosions and rounds firing off sounding like they came from a cannon than a rifle ~Pictures Arnie doing so like Commando~

Comment

Originally posted by Umon Daisuke View Post
        As long as he wasn't asked to work on existing material, he did a good job. His adaptations of John Williams' Superman OST for Superman III was horrid; particularly the classic Superman march.

Yet that wasn't exactly the lowest point of the movie.

EDIT: On topic, I never was a fan of Scarface no matter how many times I gave it a try. There are movies that grow on you, or you end up rewatching them several years later and have a different opinion but this isn't one of them.
        I don't have fond memories of Superman III. Partly because I'm not a fan of Superman. However, Terence Stamp was the only reason I watched Superman II.

But I will say this much about Moroder, Electric Dreams is underrated.
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-17-2009, 11:20 PM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

I liked Together In Electric Dreams. Cool 80's feel to it.

However, Giorgio Moroder was the king of 80's synths.

Comment

One of his best tracks is "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun.

And Electric Dreams was featured in the video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's where I heard it.

Also, Liberty City Stories' rendition of Flashback FM was entirely made up of Giorgio Moroder music.
              Last edited by Helegad; 01-18-2009, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                I don't have fond memories of Superman III. Partly because I'm not a fan of Superman.
                You'd hate it if you were a fan. The only noteworthy thing was Reeve's performance, particularly the psychotic breakdown in the junkyard.. that's about it.

Superman II wasn't much of a good movie either (the original remains one of the best superhero movies out there). Both versions were half-baked, but the Donner cut was superior since it was a direct continuation of the first. All the good footage from Lester's version was shot by Donner too.

Comment

I thought Scarface was decent, but I loved the end were he is getting sprayed with bullets but he's so crazy with coke that it looks like he's running in place
                  Last edited by REmaster; 01-20-2009, 11:59 PM.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                  X