No announcement yet.

The official WTF?! topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do at MetLife (aside from look cute ;D)?
    Last edited by Project Omega; 07-20-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• i'm an intern here but i know how to rock myself

i got my way around the administration, legal affairs, institutional benefits and now IT divisions of the company all in 3 months

at every meeting i make sure my mouth is heard

like i even got to meet the vice prez of the company up in his office on the high floor it was great! and i also managed to make friends with the unit heads of the legal affairs and institutional benefits sections. some members of the general counsel know me as well and talk to me a whole lot more than the other interns. i was recommended by the big boss lady a couple of times to work on several projects (she's a big lawyer that's even worked with cochran and al gore) this morning one of the unit heads (who's my supervisor's boss) asked me if i wanted to work here temporarily... and i said no because honestly i don't want to work in the law field anymore, i seriously want to go into the IT field. i did manage to help the IT people today, apparantly they're not that good at web development so they run to me and i help out

i milked myself out for 3 months so far and i'm getting job opportunities left and right but i'm not going to give all my hopes up. they recommended me a power point graphic designer/ portal web developer/ trainer job. so it's like 3 jobs there in one because i have to teach people also. the general counsel actually asked someone to call me and ask me why i'm not going for the job :O

so the high people apparantly want me, and i'm glad i love being so popular with them and it makes me happy that they appreciate me and my work ethic. it's a hard day at work... just wearing my work outfits is work enough : / but it's satisfying knowing that i contributed something. hopefully i get hired permanently with this new job thing but i'm not sure if i will be (don't want to give my hopes up)

so other than being cute my in office clothes i gots a brain too

heh that's pretty much what it's like at work for me meggy too bad you're not around we could have lunch it's super cheap in the cafeteria
      Last edited by SinValentine; 07-20-2007, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Wow. Impressive. I'm glad to hear it going so well for you. Yet, IT is really fun. I'm the IT for my department too, even though it's not in my job description, lol.

Comment

• yea i was thinking about that too my degree is law related but i don't want to be in law anymore

Comment

• Ah... Mine was molecular biology related, however, I think I'm gonna switch over to IT as that's easier to find a job that pays well now... I'm gonna need the monies I can get for my graduate/post graduate work, since grants for my area of study aren't all that popular...

Comment

• hm hearing you say that megs makes me think i should go for a degree in that too. i got a law related degree right now but i think i should expand my options. i know IT people make a lot of money too ;) we can work in umbrella together some day!

Comment

• Yeesh... I'm going for a degree in creative IT and videogames/graphics design.

Comment

• Just wait until you hit 100,000,000 posts... Woo boy! Anitmated Hentai User Ranks, omgz.

Comment

• Lol. Coming soon, Summoner's mega-massive awesome hentai game of dooooooooom.

Comment

• indeed, creative IT sounds awesome. i wanted to do stuff like that but i know the market's tough and i'd have to be competing with tons of people. that's why i'm gonna go for 2 degrees now, one for law and one for computers so that way i'll get a job somehow and i have a backup. anybody got backups or you just stick with one thing?
                      Last edited by SinValentine; 07-27-2007, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• My backup plan is street racing.

Comment

• sweet what's the fastest you've ever gone ?
                          Last edited by SinValentine; 07-27-2007, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• I did around 220KM/H once.

Comment

• what's that translated to miles

Comment

• About 160 or so, i believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X