No announcement yet.

The official WTF?! topic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm...It's sorta personal, but he's this person I like...
    Moving on:
    t.A.T.u are God, it is true! I love them in everyway! xD

EDIT2: I mention him because this is the only place where everyone isn't an asshole, and I'd like to be myself then pretend to be what I'm not atleast once in a "public" forum, it's just most forums everyone is selfish and obnoxious...

EDIT: Oh look, my 200th post and it happens to be about Jake... o,o
    I'm a bandersnatch! 8)
    Last edited by Gradon; 02-15-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations!!! you´re a bandersnatch!!!!! hahaha reading all the postss back there i realize you and i were the only one that posted and posted!! hahaha and about Jake, I hope it all come out great!!! i perfectly undestand you, sometimess it´s difficult to admit who you like because there is a lot of bad people out there, i´ve been throught that, but now everyone accepted me and have someone i really love and i hope spending the rest of my life with him, even when he doesn´t like RE hahhaa!!! and by the way he´s in one of my picture i posted, (hint, hint) hahaha, don´t worry my friend, it´s all good!!!
      Last edited by RE-Hiro; 02-15-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Will do:
        On a side note, my brother gave me his Ipod yaaay! ^^

Comment

• i know it's a little late but congrats!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Comment

• .......well hello you two

Comment

• This ain't a scene, its a fuckin insane, bat-shit crazy arms race

Ok, this really made me go WTF. It's a blog I wrote earlier today, I thought I'd share it here. For those who don't know, I'm an English teacher working in Japan.

[SIZE="4"]"This ain't a scene, its a fuckin insane, bat-shit crazy arms race"[/SIZE]

Ok, right off the bat, I don't like the Fallout Boy song. But I do like songs with awkward titles, but nothing has toppled TISM's 'I may be a cunt, but at least I'm not a fucking cunt'. I'd give them an ARIA based on the title alone.

Anyways, imagine a forest, and all the plants grew to one foot tall.
              And all the plants got sunshine, and all the insects living under the plants were happy. But then one grew a bit bigger, to snare a bit more sunlight, and cast shade on the others. Then again, one grew bigger, and they all competed, until there was a point when all the trees were 10 metres tall, and what is the result? The exact same as if they were all 1 foot tall, they're all the same height. They can't grow taller because if they do, the wind blows them over and they die. So, all the plants grow to a maximum height, simply to 'tread water', so the metaphor goes.

It's the red queen paradox from C.S Lewis' 'Through the looking glass'. You've got to keep running as fast as you can to stay in the same spot. To get anywhere, you have to go at least twice as fast! So says the Red Queen. You can't afford to not keep up.

It's the classical Darwinism, and the 'struggle for existance'. Anyone who's studied it should know just how much arms races have shaped the natural world around us.

So, in the hyper-competitve schools of Japan, nearly every student goes to some form of 'cram school', after school, just to stay competitve in the race for places at university. I work at an English school, but there are cram schools for everything.

So, how do you run twice as fast, in order to get anywhere, just like the Red Queen says you need to? I don't know exactly, but because everyone goes to cram schools, including alot of kids that arent so bright, they spend hours and hours studying, without much return. It's like saying you can take down a brick wall by smashing it with your skull repeatedly. Sure, it will get the job done eventually, but there are much better ways to do it.
              Anyways, in an attempt to run twice as fast, to inch that much taller above the other trees, to cast a long reaching shadow over the inferior ones, and to make sure your genes are secure at least for one more genetation, I have a mother sending her daughter in for a trail lesson later this week. The girl is in grade 5, and she wakes at 3am to study, goes to school at 7am, until 4pm, an hour for dinner, then off to cram schools again. Home at 10, in bed at 11, and FOUR HOURS of sleep to be up at 3am to do it again the next day... She's in grade 5...

Talk about overbearing. I'm so anxious to meet her, I'm so curious to see if she's in for it, or if she's ready to do herself in... I can't imagine liking my parents if I went though a regieme like that.

I'm not alone in my thoughts that that is really really wrong am I?
              sigpic

Comment

• i think you're right, the truth is that all the people live faster and faster they lives, they woke up early and go to bed later, that means less sleep, less rest; more stress.

I´m studyng psychology, and the other day in class we were discussing about that too. Now the kids in kindergarden are overwealmed by the strees, they have some stress related diseases. this is because the society requires more and more agressive people; thats why we're all pressuring kids so young!!
                Last edited by RE-Hiro; 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• So this is what everybody's been dy......Oh, I mean, so this is the Grace Saunders character that I'm accused of being? What a Loon! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                    For those who don't know, I'm an English teacher working in Japan.
                    I envy you alot.
                    xD

Comment

• hey!!!!! i noticed this since i played RE Umbrella Chronicles the first time, i don't know if you already know it but, here it goes:

Do you remember RE3?? haha of course you do!! it started sep 28 1998 and ended oct 1 1998; ok, in the Umbrella Chronicles when the Racoon Destruction 1 scenario starts you can see the date: Sept 28, and the Racoon Destruction 2 and 3 scenario starts immediately without even a day passed, ergo it's still sep 28 so why Racoon city was destroyed??????? also in the end you can see the helicopter with UMF and Ada!!!! and in the Death's Door scenario it says it's oct 1 and when you finish you can see the helicopter where jill and carlos scaped!!!!!!

hahha i know it's a little silly but i gotta say it!!!

Comment

• Basically? Because Umbrella Chronicles, with the exception of the side stories, is a poor summary of events from the game and should never, ever be taken as cannon. It's why so many people are annoyyed with it. A game that entire purpose is to wrap up the story of Umbrella basically screws the story of everything else to hell.

Comment

• Some site needs to get an accurate and detailed timeline then send it off to Capcom.

Comment

• Sorry to say, but when it comes to ruining a games canon, leave that to Capcom.
                            Outbreak was supposed to be(?) canon, obviously not from the added area's/unaccesable areas, and Leon&Claire in the car coming to the RPD when Outbreak and 2 have two different days.

Gaiden with Leon getting poisoned?
                            Umbrella Chronicles and how it ruins the stories canon.
                            Oh well, what can we do?

Anyway, if they made Death's Door a scenario in Resident Evil 2, I would praise Capcom; it would be so awesome to actually have a main game as her.

Comment

• I think the only way to view the timeline of Resident Evil now is to look at the key events. When you look beyond that, everything falls apart, every game overlaps and creates errors.

And Konami also have a nasty habit of this. Silent Hill Origins couldn't really have happened if we follow the backstory set by Team Silent. And Metal Gear can take a bow on that note.

Comment

• what would the world be like if we really did have metel gears in the world and in the hands of evil people????

Comment

Working...
                                X