PS3: 40GB or 80GB ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZERO View Post
    all ps3 can play all ps1 games,but only the 80GB(mgs4 bundle or motorstorm bundle),20GB and the 60GB can play ps2 games,the 80GB can play about 85% of ps2 games,for the 40GB and the new 80GB they only have 2 usb instead of 4 like the other models,they also lack the cards reader,so if your going to buy go for the 40GB,mine never fail me.
    so the current 40g and 80 can play ps2 via emulation?

Comment

Originally posted by riderkid View Post
      so the current 40g and 80 can play ps2 via emulation?
      no,the 40GB ad the new 80GB cannot play ps2 games,only the 20GB,60GB and the old 80GB can play ps2 games.

Comment

I thought they were going to stop making the 40G and only make the 80G? I know that I will be getting the 80G one.

Comment

Yeah, it's been discontinued, I believe. But the 80 gig is sold at the same price as the old 40 gig one.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard EX View Post
            Yeah, it's been discontinued, I believe. But the 80 gig is sold at the same price as the old 40 gig one.
            So I should just buy the 80gig huh? About how much space does a game take up on average?

Comment

Installation space varies. The majority of games consume anywhere from 600KB to 500MB. Then there are the ones that range from 600MB to 4GB-5GB. This doesn't even include anything you might download from the PSN, such as map packs, add-nos, or even PSX games.

I still recommend the 40GB, then buy a 350GB SATA HDD off eBay. You'll save more money with this route. on average, a 350GB HDD will run you $150 or more. But the the extra space will be needed.
              Last edited by Zombie_X; 11-16-2008, 10:09 PM.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Now that they have a 160gig playstation I don't know if I should get that or stick with the 80gig. Any thoughts?

Comment

i got me a 40gb cause thats the only one best buy had

oh well

Comment

I still have my 60GB that I got in July 2007 after the price dropped to $499.

I love her. Her name is Goliatha.

Comment

Don`t worry this is ps3 the most reliable system, mine is 60 gig Pal from the first model and never give me trouble, 80 us systems are the best ;), i wait 3 years for 360 who don`t suffer from RROD and MS do nothing! Well i plan to by Elite but we will see
                      Last edited by VENOM; 01-21-2009, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I originally had an 80gb but I had to sell it over the year because of money problems. So, I bought another 80gb for 400 bucks, but there was a catch. It had less controller ports, it's not backwards compatible and the little panel above the ports doesn't come off. Anyone know if there's anyway to buy an add-on to support ps2 games? Since I also sold my wii and my ps2, I now have no way to get my fix of Resident Evil...I'm starting to lose it. Eh, doesn't bother me too much though since it did come with a dual shock controller.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 01-22-2009, 01:12 AM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

This is what you need.

See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                          X