No announcement yet.

What are you reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading Gulliver's Travels. Man, first crack book created ever, or what? Very intriguing, indeed.

Comment

Andy McNab - Recoil
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Currently reading some Robert Frost poetry. And when it eventually returns, I'll check out William Faulkner's Sanctuary. On a lighter side, I might try something new while I wait and check out something by Joy Fielding, Lisa See, or Megan Chance.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Since my laptop is out of commission and I was bored as hell tonight, I actually did some school-related reading for once: Ovid's ”Metamorphoses.“ The first book was actually some pretty interesting shit.

Comment

Resident Evil - Caliban Cove, by S.D. Perry.

Got nothing really better to read at the moment.... ;
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave. The man has such an interesting way with words, and... The book is pretty damn funny. And sad.

Comment

I forgot all about this thread until today. Right now, I'm reading a book called As Meat Loves Salt, by Maria McCann. I love it so far.

Is anyone here a member of GoodReads? :S I joined at the beginning of the year, and I think it's fabulous community for book lovers.

Comment

I'm reading
                  Win, Lose, or Die-lan Fleming
                  Patriot Games-Tom Clancy
                  Winterdance: The Fine Madness of Running the Iditarod-Gary Paulsen

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                    I forgot all about this thread until today. Right now, I'm reading a book called As Meat Loves Salt, by Maria McCann. I love it so far.

Is anyone here a member of GoodReads? :S I joined at the beginning of the year, and I think it's fabulous community for book lovers.
                    Never heard of good reads. Some co-workers of mine told me to join something called Shelfari...which I did, but never got around to creating a book list.
                    sigpic
                    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                      Currently reading some Robert Frost poetry. And when it eventually returns, I'll check out William Faulkner's Sanctuary. On a lighter side, I might try something new while I wait and check out something by Joy Fielding, Lisa See, or Megan Chance.
                      I'm getting Nothing Gold Can Stay tattooed on my forearm for my 20th birthday

:]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                        Never heard of good reads. Some co-workers of mine told me to join something called Shelfari...which I did, but never got around to creating a book list.
                        GoodReads is awesome. I guess you could sort of describe it as a Facebook for literature, minus everything that tends to make FB annoying. I'm not sure how many other similar communities there are for books. The only other one I heard about was LibraryThing, which was absolutely pointless and you couldn't do shit on that site. GoodReads, however, is so much fun. I love keeping track of everything I've read and leaving long, detailed reviews of books. There's also some "book club" type of groups on the site, which I don't really participate in (outside of school, I like to read at my own pace, not an assigned one), but it's still neat to stalk their book lists and find books related to your interests.

My love for the site is rather nerdy, I know. But I seriously adore everything about it. It's one of the few communities I belong to that I truly look forward to visiting and using to communicate with my friends. I wish I had joined it sooner.
                        Last edited by Bianca; 04-22-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Reading through a medical textbook as well as one on various viral outbreaks, symptoms and biohazard classifications...

Whilst trying to translate some stuff from them for a friend whose English is dreadful... *Sighs*

Though I'll probably continue reading S.D. Perry's Resident Evil - City of the Dead sometime today.
                          Last edited by Enetirnel; 04-22-2010, 11:49 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Non-blurry Signature Version
                          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• I'm currently reading H.P. Lovecrafts anthology book Necronomicon; Let the Right One In; Investigating Firefly and Serenity; Bladerunner; The Shining.

I like to switch around books, it keeps me from losing interest in them.

Comment

• Right now I am reading Brinsingr the third in the Eragon Trilogy.

I recommend Poison by Chris Wooding for anyone who likes a fantasy book with a very good twist at the end of the story.
                              Last edited by Karui; 04-23-2010, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Girlfriend In A Coma by Douglas Coupland.
                                Last edited by BadWolfX; 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X