Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Synopsis
    Leading up to the events of "X-Men," "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Trailer 1
    Trailer 2

I was never a big fan of the comics but this movie looks pretty darn good with an excellent cast and an acclaimed director.

Thoughts?
    sigpic

I know very little...but it has Deadpool in it and that automatically makes it better. Of course, if they screw up that character they will die, horribly, in a strange electrical fire.

Comment

I saw White Queen!

Comment

I saw the trailer at the movies when I saw Watchmen... I wasn't entirely all that impressed by it. Aside from particular character apperances, I kept waiting for something big in the trailer to happen that made me want to go see it, but nothing really happened. It looks.... fine... but also coming out in an already bloated month of ugh sequels/prequels between in May (Terminator, Star Trek, Angels and Demons, Night At The Museum...) probably also doesn't help its chances.
        Last edited by Rombie; 03-25-2009, 02:32 AM.

Comment

damn i cant wait for this movie !!!! looks so bad ass and Wolverine is one of the coolest and the actor is awsome this movie is going to rock so much !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
            It looks.... fine... but also coming out in an already bloated month of ugh sequels/prequels between in May
            If you think about it, every month at least 2 sequels/prequels/remakes are being released.
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, but May has more movie releases than any other month currently and more sequels in just that month than an average couple of months (and even when you do follow the idea of 2-3 months, this particular June and July as you'd note are also crammed with sequels - the biggest being Transformers 2 in June - those three months have more sequels than average yet again).

I think the only major industry backed title coming out that will have marketing dollars that isn't a sequel around this time is Disney/Pixar's Up. Blame a lot of this on the writers strike last year.

Comment

I hope this film turns out alright, X3 was very disappointing
                Last edited by CODE_umb87; 03-25-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Transformers 2...the only good thing about the first one was the appearance of John Turturro. It's sad that there are similar/better films that arguably have more cheesy effects. Robot Jox is a great example. Cheesy nothing, biggest Oscar snub of 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07F7DGcVcsc

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    Transformers 2...the only good thing about the first one was the appearance of John Turturro. It's sad that there are similar/better films that arguably have more cheesy effects. Robot Jox is a great example. Cheesy nothing, biggest Oscar snub of 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07F7DGcVcsc
                    I don't like Transformers, but I just had to reply to disagree - while I like Turturro - he was horribly miscast in that film too. Just horrible wrong casting - much like most of the movie (including LaPoof and Hugo Fucking Weaving as Megatron... ugh).

Comment

Sounds like milking of a franchise to me.

What's next? An Origins movie for ALL the characters?

Comment

No fucking thanks. I can barely stand comic book films as it is, but I did enjoy "Iron Man" and "The Dark Knight." Those are well made films with good actors.

This...this looks like rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          I know very little...but it has Deadpool in it and that automatically makes it better. Of course, if they screw up that character they will die, horribly, in a strange electrical fire.
                          Deadpool is my brother's favorite and he pretty much feels the same way. I wasn't a big fan of the X-Men movies...but if he says this one is good, I might consider watching it.
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Why will this movie own?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                              Dude, ever since I was a kid, I've had three favorite superheroes. Ghost Rider, Deadpool and Gambit. We've already seen what horrible death Nicky Cage gave Ghost Rider, and I fucking hate Ryan Reynolds. He's an ok actor but not for a serious role like this...(blade trinity anyone?). I have like every deadpool comic ever and for years everyone's told me how deadpool would never make it on to the big screen. I just hope that Ryan Reynolds get's scarred immediately and puts on the mask to hide his stupid face. Same goes for gambit, high hopes for him. Although I am dissapointed that we won't get to see him hitting on Rogue constantly lol. I'm also worried about "Cotton" from the scream movies as Sabretooth, the last guy who played him is pretty hard to top.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X