I just watched day of the dead. I feel more disappointed at the RE movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
    "My only fear is dinosaurs!! Im glad they died or i will be shitting my pants everyday in my life. I curse the day i met a T-Rex..."

I feel much pity for the T Rex that dares to cross your path.
    Are you kidding me? If i ever see one again ill dig a hole where i stand!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Apparently a few infected talk, but they're so distorted you can't make it out. The little boy is the exception.

28 Days later isn't just a movie about nasty creatures, it's a movie about what people will do when pushed to the extremes. The soldiers are acting like horny frat boys because, suddenly, they have hope. The main character, at the end, goes to extremes to save them all. There are plenty of other examples but the horror of the film is what people will do...infected or not.

What's more terrifying is just how realistic the whole thing is. A virus that messes with your brain chemistry enough can do just this. Given it had a tiny fraction of the RE movies budget it's got an incredible number of cool effects. And I for one found the scenes of areas that were familiar to me so changed extremely disturbing.

It's just a shame 28 Weeks Later went for a more Hollywood approach...
      WTF, I never knew the little boy was saying actual words lol. 28 days later was pure genius, and it came up with a totally original virus. I think the only thing similiar to 28 days later is Quarantine, given that the infected are not really "dead", but are just extremely aggressive humans. I thought Danny Boyle should have got way more praise for this film, but at least he got it for Slumdog Millionaire. I suppose they don't give oscars for "zombie" type movies Although in some cases, they should
      Last edited by REmaster; 04-30-2009, 12:19 AM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
        My only fear is dinosaurs!! Im glad they died or i will be shitting my pants everyday in my life. I curse the day i met a T-Rex...
        I laughed really hard when I read this. I mean, I'm not trying to offend you or anything, because obviously I have my own fears that people laugh at, but just the way you worded this made me lawl. Oh, my God.

Anyway... 28 Days Later. Absolute win. That movie has everything and more. Yeah.

Comment

naa i didnt like it.

Comment

Mmm... I really didn't really like Day of The Dead Remake, but I really love the original.

I think this is the most awesome thing ever:

Which eventually led to:

28 days is great. I love when the zombie priest appears, and he crawls, the image is sooooooo disturbing!

REC (not Quarentine) also was the shit by the way. Kind of how am I feeling now.

But no wonder how could you feel dissapointed by the RE movies. They're just a joke.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
              Mmm... I really didn't really like Day of The Dead Remake, but I really love the original.

BUB!

i love that zombie, hes awesome, i love it when he gives that soldier a sulute then the soldier
              gets ripped apart.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"CHOKE ON EM! CHOKE ON EM!"
              Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-30-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

The Dawn of the dead remake is one of my all-time favorite movies...shit it was good
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

28 Days Later was epic, for all the points listed above as well as the fact that it's those PETA fucks that start the apocalypse.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Shaun of the Dead. Now there's a great movie.

Comment

Shaun of the Dead was funny as hell!! I could never stop watching it!!

"Alright!! Gaaaaay"

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                      The Dawn of the dead remake is one of my all-time favorite movies...shit it was good
                      ehh i didnt really like it. as someone mentioned on one of the RPD Podcast, its not really scary i mean it is if your actually in that situation but in movie like wise
                      its not its to fast pase its more on the line of action. it needs to be slowed down a bit.

the original Dawn Of The Dead. now thats a good movie

Comment

Originally posted by hellrizer View Post
                        Shaun of the Dead was funny as hell!! I could never stop watching it!!

"Alright!! Gaaaaay"
                        lol i love that movie

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay"

"No Shaun, I'm sorry." lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kronk View Post
                          I can't believe no one has mentioned Shaun of the Dead. Now there's a great movie.
                          The ending is awesome. I was just telling my best friend that if he became a zombie I'll keep him on a shed with an xbox (he's obsessed with gaming...).

That movie is a must watch for a zombie fan.

I've already got Diary of The Dead, I'll see it today or tomorrow; hope it's good.
                          Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-30-2009, 02:11 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

hope it's good.
                            its not, but thats my opinion.

Comment

Oh, man... My brother and I always do his zombie shuffle/salute. It's too fun!

As for Shaun on The Dead, that is the EXACT type of zombie film I would make. It was hilarious, but scary and serious when it needed to be. Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                                As for Shaun on The Dead, that is the EXACT type of zombie film I would make. It was hilarious, but scary and serious when it needed to be. Spoiler:
                                Agreed. It's got horror, gore, romance, comedy, drama, social commentary, action, and true zombies. All without superpowers.

And dogs can look up.

Comment

Working...
                                X