Internet Off Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Off Switch

The article written by By Drew Zahn ? 2009 WorldNetDaily, brings to your attention two new bill; S.773 & S.778; both of which will grant our govt and preside...

This doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Not at all... Censorship and privacy invasion on a huge and massive level...

That's way too broad. There's no way this bill will be passed...it takes everything the country was founded on and shits down its neck. That's far too much power, even for the American president. If that bill is passed, I honestly don't know what to say. Privacy sometimes needs to take precedence over 'national security.'
    Last edited by Vector; 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

The bills were introduced by Sen. Jay Rockefeller, the senator who represents my current homestate, W.Va. Fucking figures.

It is indeed a scary time to be alive in America. Everything that we've ever known is now in jeapordy by people who have more power in the government than brainpower.

In the words of Axl Rose from GnR, "You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hands."
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Is that qoute from "civil war", I love that song lol.
        Look, I don't care how "far up the ladder" you are, such as the certification program to see exactly who monitors our buisness, I still will not feel comfortable at all having them look through my personal info such as bank, health, private records, ect. I mean, sure these people may be making alot with their job, but you can't just give them open access to secure files and expect no one to ever take advantage of them. This looks like the possible creation of future Bernie Madoff's.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

You people act surprised...the Patriot Act already allowed the goverment access to any personal data without letting a person know they were being watched. This is just a next step up from that.
          sigpic
          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

the Patriot Act
            la li lu le lo ? 0_o
            Last edited by A-J; 04-14-2009, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Local govt here tried to control copyrighted content under a similar blanket law which required ISP's to be responsible for their users data including the requirement that they surrender all data for their networks at the drop of a hat for any agency WORLDWIDE, on the reason of piracy. Needless to say it did not pass.

The only difference here is that part of the requirement seems to be based on the need to control potential mass cyber crime... I think the senator saw Live Free or Die Hard and thought it was real... Anybody say firesale? - haw-haw-haw... On noes, thez stolded th intermawebs!

Comment

Get away from that internet, Obama's cuttin' it down!

In this country, the government wants access to everyone's information from ISPs. They'll probably get it, the fucks.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 04-15-2009, 01:44 PM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  Get away from that internet, Obama's cuttin' it down!

In this country, the government wants access to everyone's information from ISPs. They'll probably get it, the fucks.
                  What!? Holy hell! Those bastards! (*Cocks shotgun*) Freakin computer! You Traitor! I thought you were my friend! (*Shoots Computer*) It had to be done...

Comment

Then do something about it, pussies. This is a democracy for a reason. I hate whiners.

Comment

*get's up and does something about*
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

*does something about it aswell*For the record,i would of voted for Mccain.

Comment

Originally posted by adamb1029 View Post
                          *does something about it aswell*For the record,i would of voted for Mccain.
                          You "would of"?

Comment

i wasint old anough to vote in november,i only turned 18 back in febuary,lol

Comment

Originally posted by adamb1029 View Post
                              i wasint old anough to vote in november,i only turned 18 back in febuary,lol
                              I'm just curious if you meant to type "would've" or if "would of" means something that I am not aware of.

Comment

Working...
                              X