No announcement yet.

I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't recall saying that a RPG/FPS was a bad idea or something, in fact, the first Deus Ex was a great game because it mixed those 2 genres well. Fallout 3 doesn't. In Deus Ex, the shooting was "average" and the role playing was "good" (altho it'd sometimes throw some incredible nice choices at you), but in the end of the day, the sum of its parts made the game feel "just right". That ain't the case in F3, since both the shooting AND the role playing are average at best: fighting is something inevitable and invariable in the game (avoinding pointless combat was 1 of the elements that made the first Fallout games so great), and it simply sucks, especially on a gamepad (on a mouse/keyboard, it becomes acceptable), and the role playing part is almost non existent. What's the point in making a character focused in interaction (with focus on skills like Barter and Speech, and stats like Int. and Charisma), if I'm going to be forced to fight some 20 super mutants sooner or later? It's that kind of stuff that makes the game stupid. Oh, and the ending, that was blasphemous.

And yeah, the Sims would be a nice RPG, if it actually had some role playing in it. You never "role play" the characters, you just take care of them.

On a side note: I can't say for sure about F2, but F1 had a "GOGOGO" to keep you on your feet: you had 150 to bring a water chip back to the vault, and after that, 2 monthes (if I'm not mistaken, that is) to do "something else".
    Last edited by Rock it.; 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Deus Ex was superb. One of my favourite games.
      See you in hell.

Comment

• Yep, Deus Ex was EPIC. Definitely one of my favourite games of all time. The scratches on my disc will prove that.

Don't ruin the ending of F3 for me, please I want to find out what happens to James by myself.

F1 had me fighting rats which would not FUCK OFF every five seconds. Uh, yeah, GOGOGOGOGOGO? Nope. Because I do not like a game where the GOGOGOGOGOGOGO stops every five steps so a couple of rats can run after me and take a big chunk of flesh.

Comment

• I hate message board proffessionals. ie some user: "This has been discussed somewhere in thread X already ARRRGGHHH!" Unless there was a specific thread for the subject which is easy to find with the search function. Sometimes it gets annoying even if an admin does it. But let's be honest, admins rarely complain about that stuff. And who the hell has the time to read and remember every single post on a board?

Get off the internet buddy!!
          Last edited by The_15th; 12-12-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Ugh, don't remind me of the Underground Gamer forum moderators.

Lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock, lock.

That's what their days revolve around

Comment

• I don't think it's that bad when it's the board owner. He might just want to keep his board clean but he's not that good at it.

When it's a random user who spends his entire day, every day of the week on that board, it's kind of irritating, even though I should just pity him.

Comment

• I'd say show Paypal any kind of shippment recepit they shouldn't let him have a refund.

Comment

• im pissed i want re 5 demo for ps3 NOW !!

Comment

• Now I've taken into account that it's the Christmas period and that people are going to be sending letters to each other displaying messages that none of them really mean, but send out of tradition, but Royal Mail are farcical. Yours truly is signed up with LoveFilm, who send me film and game rentals. Sort of like Gamefly, if you live in the U.S. Anyway, Resistance 2 was dispatched to me on the 11th and unfortunately has still not arrived on my welcome mat.

It's not the first time this has happened either, when I was sending another disc back to LoveFilm, Royal Mail 'misplaced' the thing and I came very close to shelling out £25 to replace a disc that was lost by somebody else. They were even late in delivering the bluetooth headset that I ordered. My question is this, is the postal service this bad in your country?
                    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 12-13-2008, 06:52 AM.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Well, over here you have post office employees stealing your packages if they're not insured and customs officials imposing large taxes if the value of your package is above 50 USD (I got taxed 40 USD for a 70 USD package). Also, if you piss them off by complaining about the tax, then you can expect that your packages will never "arrive" at that post office ever again.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• My god, that sounds terrible, BH Star.

USPS can go suck a cock.

Comment

• But I live in the Philippines.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                            My question is this, is the postal service this bad in your country?
                            Depends where you are in the UK, not too bad where my friends live in Portsmouth, but in Peckham where I live in London its terrible, i've probably lost about £150 in games, DVD's and gifts this year which i've ordered in the post, and had to claim money for after the 2 week waiting period with play.com/HMV/Etc.
                            Most of it gets stolen in the mail sadly, most of Royal Mail nowadays are morons, temp workers, or dare I say it immigrants who can easily just steal stuff and disappear without being found.

Comment

• im pissed that i can't get the The Dark Knight Blu-Ray.

Comment

• My brain has turned into Slurpy slosh because of our back-to-back Organic Chemistry Laboratory and Lecture exams.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X