Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
    This sort of makes me feel guilty for being a little sister. xD

But it's weird. I understand wanting to help your kid not waste their money all in one go, but that's just weird. They're pretty much just using your money to buy a computer on the excuse that, "you'll need it." Excuse me for saying this, but it seems like a lot of parents these days need to get slapped. ><
    Exactly. I completely agree.

And the irony here, is that they want to spend as less amount of money as possible in buying this computer, which, tech specifically, is more powerful then any of the Macintoshes we have in our house, and estimated at the SAME FREAKING PRICE as a Mac.

But hey. They'll go buy my sister a 1200 dollar computer with no objection, and my dad will a get laptop for the same price, but when I want something around that area, "we'll think about it. That's money to pay. HEY! He has graduation money that's not ours and rightfully belongs to him. But we're the parents, we can do anything! So let's take it and put towards a new computer so we'll have less to pay for ourselves, and then proceed to use it when it gets here!"

Unfreakingbelievable...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloud Strife View Post
      Dude I know you have your opinion but settle this via PM! You may not be flaming but you are trolling! I may not have been here long on THIA but heck I like it here! I hate to see any argument going! Chris is right about what he said! You don't know them so its their issue but if you got a problem with him, deal with it via PM!

I am sorry if I am being a jerk PERIOD!
      What are you telling this to me for? I didn't start a damn thing. I'm with you, I haven't been on THIA long and I like it too, I'm just so sick of always seeing fighting going on here, especially between certain people. These two bicker over the smallest thing.

WeskerIncarnate: If your parents think they're teaching you some kind of lesson...they're really missing the point of 'teaching a lesson'. Oo

Comment

• This is why I am saying settle this via PM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
          What are you telling this to me for? I didn't start a damn thing. I'm with you, I haven't been on THIA long and I like it too, I'm just so sick of always seeing fighting going on here, especially between certain people. These two bicker over the smallest thing.
          It's not really any of your business, though. That's what Cloud is trying to say...I think.

Comment

• Indeed! but enough of this back on topic please!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
              It's not really any of your business, though. That's what Cloud is trying to say...I think.
              Even though it may not be Inferno's or really anyone's business at all however, it was posted on a public and international forum on the world wide web and since everyone can see it... then with that it actually has become others business.

Missv and yourself have been having such debates all around THIA and personally I am quite tired of having to read through it all and end up scrolling through it.

I realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but I for one am tired of seeing childish arguments across all of the forums I'm on when they could have been easily settled in private before they spiral out of control and a site staff/crew member has to jump in a break it up.

I'm sorry, but after going onto two of my own sites that are linked and having to deal with around 30k users in total and around 15k constantly active members bickering non-stop... I'm fed up with seeing arguments that look like they belong out in a school's playground.

And that basically what I'm trying to say is, sure go ahead and rant but if you have an argument about something - why not do it via PM and keep it private, because as a staff member on other rather active and well-known sites I'm quite tired of seeing this sort of stuff and/or having to see it cleaned up too and the fact that people new to THIA - such as Inferno are posting about it shows that it can get a tad overbearing.

And that's my small rant on arguments that could be reasoned over in other ways, and no Cloud. This is not trolling OR flaming for the matter. Neither is Inferno's post, it is purely an expression of opinions on something that has been posted publicly.
              Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-13-2009, 10:19 PM.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                TL;DR
                I've tried for a very, very long time to get along with missv. We've always had polar-opposite opinions and that was it, but not too long ago, things got personal and it became more than just a 'forum rivalry.' If you don't like how we argue, don't read what we have to say. Ignore it. Or don't.

Like Cloud said, let's get back on topic.

Comment

• Oh yes, that is quite mature now isn't it on quoting me...?

I noticed that already - one of the first things I did when I decided to come back and check THIA since I hadn't in a while and finally decided to register, but I've even said to Missv that it would be best to simply post neutrally and I already ignore the arguments however I'm just honestly quite tired of having to constantly ignore pages upon pages across the collective total of forums I'm on.

But after this, I'm just going to continue ignoring your arguments in their entirety.

And this thread is on topic, I'm ranting am I not? I'm tired of having to clean up arguments and right now I have to go and clean up one of my websites because someone decided to have a tantrum and post idiotic shit across the entire site and now I have parents complaining to me to clean it up "My child could see this, blah blah blah", only to have the other admin say that legally I'm still someone's child to and that they wouldn't put such things onto another person's child for the simply possible sake of their own.

I'm sorry, but I'm just fed up with having to constantly clean up this sort of mess by myself because the other staff are never online and the fact that I've been randomly put in charge of sites without my knowledge and to only find that when I log in, I'm now a staff member and that I have to clean up stuff right away irks me.

In addition to stuff happening offline which I'm not going to mention, I'm more than a little bit pissed off.
                  sigpic
                  Non-blurry Signature Version
                  Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    That was never the case, though. Now you just seem like "a little bit of a douche" for misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Cloud Strife View Post
                    Dude I know you have your opinion but settle this via PM! You may not be flaming but you are trolling! I may not have been here long on THIA but heck I like it here! I hate to see any argument going! Chris is right about what he said! You don't know them so its their issue but if you got a problem with him, deal with it via PM!

I am sorry if I am being a jerk PERIOD!
                    Inferno wasn't trolling at all.

I'm fine with reading pages of intelligent debate on a forum. That is their purpose. But pretty arguments and eDrama are not.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    Yes it is actually. More than you know. Inferno is my friend and we were discussing this on MSN.

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                    I've tried for a very, very long time to get along with missv. We've always had polar-opposite opinions and that was it, but not too long ago, things got personal and it became more than just a 'forum rivalry.' If you don't like how we argue, don't read what we have to say. Ignore it. Or don't.

Like Cloud said, let's get back on topic.
                    Things have never been personnel CR. Not for me anyway. It's forum rivalry.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      Things have never been personnel CR. Not for me anyway. It's forum rivalry.
                      Ridiculing someone's appearance on the internet isn't personal? Okay, seriously, I'm really gonna try hard to shut the fuck up about it and I think you should too. Honestly, it's gonna be hard to restrain myself with you baiting me all the time. Let's just leave each other alone.
                      Last edited by Vector; 08-14-2009, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Yes, leave each other the fuck alone. The nice people here aren't the only ones fed up. Honestly? You two are as bad as each other most of the time, and as you may gather my very limited patience for it is reaching it's spectacular conclusion. I suggest you two use the wonderful Ignore User feature found in your control panel areas. I don't think you can actually say anything civil to each other anyway, so it would probably be better if you can't see what each other are saying.

Comment

• Thus told by darkmoon!
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• No, judged by the site rules. We're supposed to act respectfully to each other even if we don't like each other. Goodness knows there are folk on here I am not fond of but I wouldn't yell at them simply for that. And if someone with my temprement can manage it the rest of you should find it a breeze.

Comment

• Why did I just get a ringing in my ears, Darkmoon?

Comment

• Probably cuz an arguments a brewin O.o

Comment

Working...
                                X