Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Acintris View Post
    Why is Hogan back in Wrestling, TNA wrestling? Thought he was smart enough to retire.
    Money of course. Hogan only cares about himself and this is a win for him. If TNA does go and makes money, Hogan will get paid and take most of the credit. If they fail, he really has nothing to lose and will go back to working with the WWE.

Comment

• Bischoff Wants Jim Ross In TNA, AJ Styles’ New Character

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
        Money of course. Hogan only cares about himself and this is a win for him. If TNA does go and makes money, Hogan will get paid and take most of the credit. If they fail, he really has nothing to lose and will go back to working with the WWE.
        So much for him being a role model to young kids. D: His song is very ironic if his personality is really this nasty.

Thanks for the links Apocalypse!

Comment

• I say WTF to people loosing to Hogan's leg drop >_> well scripted anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiØhazard View Post
            I say WTF to people loosing to Hogan's leg drop >_> well scripted anyway.
            Even though I consider myself to be a Hulkamaniac, I do find his running jumping leg drop move as a finisher to be somewhat ridiculous.

I mean for a guy who's branded as a "powerhouse" in his heyday, the only finisher can come up with is a simple leg drop! Seriously!

Although I've read that he has another finisher called the Axe Bomber (which is simply a Crooked Arm Lariat, innovated by accident), for which he uses only in Japanese wrestling events.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiØhazard View Post
              I say WTF to people loosing to Hogan's leg drop >_> well scripted anyway.
              People like Hogan, Big John Stud and even Andre the Giant weren't really great technical wrestlers but could sell out arenas. Now they are all Hall of Famers and just go shows it's all about the character and making money.

Comment

• It's called charisma and since the rock there's been a severe lack of it.
                Last edited by kevstah2004; 02-06-2010, 01:45 AM.
                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

• Lots of wrestlers use the Leg Drop(especially Undertaker) and they always kick out. Do they think that Hogan actually looks that heavy?

Comment

• Well a lot has changed since then so what was a finisher back in the 80s or 90s, is just a regular move now. The DDT was a finisher but now just about everyone uses it.

Comment

• Undertaker uses the legdrop from a combo move. He first does a running big boot to an enemy and while knocked to the ground, he uses a legdrop.

Let's not forget hogan kills time clapping his hands and even doing his signature taunt before performing the leg drop. lame -_-
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                        The DDT was a finisher but now just about everyone uses it.
                        Very true Stars1356. Speaking of which, the DDT was actually innovated by accident when Jake "The Snake" Roberts was about to perform a suplex (... I think ...) on an opponent, but the opposing wrestler (forgot his ring name) accidently stepped on Jake's foot, thus causing Jake to perform the first DDT in pro-wrestling history.

Comment

• According to a source within WWE, there is still concern over whether or not Bret Hart will be able to compete in a singles match against Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 26.

As of right now, WWE's "contingency plan" for WrestleMania, in the event that Bret is incapable of working a singles match, is to have Bret Hart and John Cena vs Vince and Batista in a tag team bout. The build up here is to Bret applying The Sharpshooter on Vince, but if Bret is not up to the singles match, WWE will be combining the two matches. At this point, Vince's preference is the singles match, but as I said Bret's health is of concern. If Bret decides he can work a singles match, then WWE will most likely book Cena vs Batista in a separate singles match.
                          Still interesting that they are even considering a match (though the match could mean street fight so)

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse View Post
                            Very true Stars1356. Speaking of which, the DDT was actually innovated by accident when Jake "The Snake" Roberts was about to perform a suplex (... I think ...) on an opponent, but the opposing wrestler (forgot his ring name) accidently stepped on Jake's foot, thus causing Jake to perform the first DDT in pro-wrestling history.
                            Wrong as ever. The DDT was around long before Jake Roberts.

Originally posted by Borman View Post
                            Still interesting that they are even considering a match (though the match could mean street fight so)
                            Gotta be honest, i'd lose a ton of respect for the Hitman if he even got into the ring at Wrestlemania. I can't imagine the payoff (from a personal perspective, not financial) being enough to make it worth risking.

Comment

• The Jake story, or a variant thereof (I heard he tripped himself up) for the creation of the DDT is the one Jake himself tells. However, Jake is not exactly the most reliable drunken drug addict you'll ever meet...

Comment

Working...
                              X