John Hughes is dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hughes is dead.

Yet another loss of a talented mind. He directed The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Weird Science, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and many more. Along with that he wrote and produced the Home Alone series (and over a dozen other films). It was a heart attack. May he rest in piece.

Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 08-07-2009, 06:15 AM.

No way! Not John Hughes! Home Alone 2 is my favorite Christmas movie... D:

We love you, John! T_T

Comment

Hearing this news earlier made me so sad...

Comment

This is really becoming a sad year for people who have made an impact the in film/music industry. But to comment on his films, home alone 1 and 2 were epic movies as a kid and had loads of funny moments, so here's to you john for making some fantastic films whilest growing up.

Comment

I shall watch my all time favorite move The Breakfast Club in memory

Comment

What is this, a good celeb dies every week? ><

His movies or some of my favorites. We'll miss you so much john, R.I.P. D=

Comment

"ROONEY! ERGH!"

Comment

This is really sad. I loved the Home Alone movies, they were great. John Hughes was a great director. This year has had so many deaths. I hope there are no more.

Comment

=( damn....home alone 1 and 2 were awesome movies RIP John Hughes, your work will never be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                    I shall watch my all time favorite move The Breakfast Club in memory
                    I'm going to do the same thing.

He will be missed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Having been another one of those people who grew up on Hughes 80's films, was very sad to hear this earlier today. I watched my 2 fav Hughes films this avo (Bueller and Weird Science) because of it.

Also not wanting to burst anyones memory bubble here, but Hughes wrote and produced Home Alone 1 and 2 but wasn't the director. Chris Colombus was the director of both films.

Comment

It's a shame and I think I will watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off when I get home in an hour.

Comment

Ferris Bueller is easily one of my favorite movies ever. I think Matt Broderick said it best, and it applies here as well:

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
                            "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it."
                            And at the end of the movie he looks at the camera and says "Hey the movie is over, go home."
                            sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't feel anything when I hear about another death? I'm kinda desensitized to it now, especially since I don't know any of these people personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X