Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

Pirates 4 has been announced for release in 2011. It's being written by the same two guys that wrote the first three films, Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio. And Director Gore Verbinski is contemplating directing the fourth film as well. Johnny Depp has already signed on to play Jack Sparrow again too. The story is rumored to revolve around Jack Sparrow, and Captain Barbossa looking for some kind of mystical fountain, and at some point they go to a newly founded New Orleans.

Sounds ok so far, but sadly I think Elizabeth and Will are not in this one. And Keira Knightley has expressed no interest in reviving her role a fourth time.

As detailed in The Art of the Pirates of the Caribbean, the proposed story for the fourth film was for Sparrow and Barbossa to meet up in the newly founded New Orleans, before they sail to find the Fountain of Youth together.[17] Johnny Depp signed on to return in September 2008,[18] and Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio began writing under the guidance of producer Jerry Bruckheimer. The film is set for release in 2011.[19]

Geoffrey Rush has expressed interest in returning as Barbossa.[20] Beforehand, Verbinski was hesitant about directing, citing the incomplete scripts he worked with filming the sequels.[21] Keira Knightley has stated that she does not wish to continue playing her character of Elizabeth Swann as she wants to do different projects.

In June 2009, Bruckheimer stated Disney would prefer the fourth installment of Pirates be released before The Lone Ranger film, which he, Depp, Elliott and Rossio had been working on for release in 2011. He also hoped Verbinski would return to direct after his BioShock adaptation had been put on hold.[22]

At San Diego Comic-Con 2009, Bruckheimer stated he intends to begin filming in April and May 2010.[23] Rob Marshall entered negotiations to direct in August 2009.[24]
    It's Wikipedia but it has sources so yeah...
    Last edited by missvalentine; 08-14-2009, 03:13 AM.

Well, those two have there happyish ending I guess. It wasn't the best for them but it was better than everyone dies...

Also: BioShock movie? You asshats leave BioShock alone! It's not done anything to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Well, those two have there happyish ending I guess. It wasn't the best for them but it was better than everyone dies...

Also: BioShock movie? You asshats leave BioShock alone! It's not done anything to you!
      Yeah I know. But Id still like to see them for a bit. (Huge Keira Knightley crush XD)

Gore Verbinski is a good director in my opinion. I don't think he will stuff it up. I hope.

Comment

Kiera Knightley isn't all that great :S, she looked like a bloke for most of the trilogy, and she's not all that great in person either.

I thought another director had been lined up to direct Pirates 4

The Bioshock movie was cancelled anyway, apparently would cost too much in post production to pull off Rapture.
        Pity really, but if anyone directed it, i'd prefer it not to be Verbinski.

He makes good no brainer action flicks like the Pirate movies, but I wouldn't trust him with something with a little more substance like Bioshock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
          Kiera Knightley isn't all that great :S, she looked like a bloke for most of the trilogy, and she's not all that great in person either.

I thought another director had been lined up to direct Pirates 4

The Bioshock movie was cancelled anyway, apparently would cost too much in post production to pull off Rapture.
          Pity really, but if anyone directed it, i'd prefer it not to be Verbinski.

He makes good no brainer action flicks like the Pirate movies, but I wouldn't trust him with something with a little more substance like Bioshock.
          Spoiler:

She doesn't look very manly to me. I like her anyway. Jack Sparrow was probably the best character though.

I think there might be another director, but there still not sure. Id like Verbinski to continue it though, he did great on the first three films. Also I wouldn't call Pirates a no brainer film like it was something Anderson made. They are some of my favorite films ever. They may be action films but they were very well made and there was a plot. A good one too I thought.

Comment

i cant wait for this movie i love the first 3 haha its so awsome with another one bring it !! its going to rock !

Comment

Ehhh, I think Elizabeth and Will not being there will bother me too much. Good that Johnny Depp returns as Sparrow, though.

Comment

No Keira Knightley = better movie. I have absolutely no respect for her as an actress or as a person. Just my opinion, though.

Anyway... I absolutely loved and worshiped the first film, and I practically died waiting for the second one, only to be disappointed by how they treated the storyline. The third one was slightly better, but nothing like the first. My adoration for the series has sort of fizzled out, but the first one will always have a special place in my heart.

I'd really prefer they not make a fourth movie, but it seems they are going to anyway... Whatever. :[

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  No Keira Knightley = better movie. I have absolutely no respect for her as an actress or as a person. Just my opinion, though.

Anyway... I absolutely loved and worshiped the first film, and I practically died waiting for the second one, only to be disappointed by how they treated the storyline. The third one was slightly better, but nothing like the first. My adoration for the series has sort of fizzled out, but the first one will always have a special place in my heart.

I'd really prefer they not make a fourth movie, but it seems they are going to anyway... Whatever. :[
                  I don't understand all the Keira hate. But then again I never really pay attention to actors. I like directors better. I really have no idea what she is like or has done.

I think Id rather no fourth film as well. But if there is one them it's best to get the best writers and director as possible. The second was my favorite though. I really did love it.

I guess instead of Will and Elizabeth they will have new characters, and that's not such a bad thing. The writers of Pirates are great, so I trust they will make a great replacement. They are good with there characters.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                    I don't understand all the Keira hate. But then again I never really pay attention to actors. I like directors better. I really have no idea what she is like or has done.
                    In terms of her involvement with PotC, I'm specifically bothered by how she pushed for the writers to take her character in a certain direction that they probably wouldn't have considered had she not been so insistent with them. I understand Elizabeth is "her" character, but I find it very unprofessional for an actress as inexperienced as her (at the time DMC was being written) to do something like this. In the commentary for the movie, T&T discuss this, and although they seem to think her ideas were great and whatnot, it's like she planted a poisonous seed in their creative mind, and years later, I'm still bothered by it.

And, overall, I just don't think she's that great of an actress. That scene in DMC where Elizabeth is throwing a tantrum (and everyone is ignoring her) comes to mind. I cringe every time I see it. I'm embarrassed for her. I still can't believe she was nominated for an Oscar for Pride & Prejudice.

This, of course, is just my opinion, as I said. And, being that I do not know this woman, it's a bit unfair for me to judge her, but this is just the way I feel. She rubs me the wrong way. Usually I can separate characters from actors, but with her, it's difficult, and it's stopped me from watching anything she's been in, aside from the PotC trilogy.

Wow, I feel so mean bitching like this.

Comment

As far as Keira Knightley goes, I shall refrain from commenting on any acting talent and/or character portrayal related stuff, but I can't help but feel she got the role mainly 'cause of how she somewhat vaguely resembles Winona Ryder. In some sick twisted world, I bet a lot of Hollywood people would want to force Johnny Depp and Winona Ryder back together on the big screen.

Comment

I agree with everything deadpan said. Not to mention she does this weird lip thing whenever she speaks, which she does not do in real life. She purses her lips with they look....just odd.

The only time I actually liked Keira was in Domino.

Comment

Walt Disney releases the title of the fourth film.

Last edited by aris13; 09-11-2009, 04:14 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

"WWWWWEEEELCOME-" *gets shot*

Comment

You mean they made THREE of these films? I know I am in the minority of thinking the first film (besides Depp) sucked ass, but how the hell did they make a film trilogy based on a Disney attraction?

I saw the first film and was unimpressed. All the hype surrounding it was not warranted in my opinion. But, I do recognize that my tastes are different than those of other people. It also didn't help that I couldn't stand the character portrayed by that Bloom fellow.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                              They may be action films but they were very well made and there was a plot. A good one too I thought.
                              Somehow I doubt these films had a "good" over-arching plot to sustain 3 entire films...but I'm sure the box office receipts still provided an overwhelming amount of $$$$ to Disney.
                              Last edited by Jill's Boob; 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X