What's your favorate anime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swagger View Post
    Lot of freaky idea's from hentai, my nerd cousin watches them especially tenacles.......what will they think of next
    Believe it or not. Tentacles are pretty normal compaired to some of the other stuff I've seen in hentai.

Comment

But I say you like Man-Faye more eh.

Comment

Dragon Ball,Devil May Cry and Black Lagoon.

Comment

Series:
          Trigun
          Big O
          GTO
          Blue Gender

Movies:
          Akira
          Perfect Blue
          Metropolis
          Grave of the Fireflies

I don't watch too much anime. I used to but lately I've been out of it. GTO and FMA Brotherhood are the only anime I've watched this year. If you were to talk about manga, that's another story. I love me a good comic.

Comment

Well my two fave shows are Code Geass (best damn show ever) and Black Lagoon (just awsome).

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
            I'm very happy to see that there are people here that love Dragonball.

Does anyone else really hate English-dubbed Anime, or is it just me?
            Yea a lot of the english bub isnt the best (most of it i can take) but theres also a lot of great english dub. Code Geass is great, so is Black Lagoon, Ah My Goddess, Full Metal Panic etc. I personally prefer Dubs because i find it easier and more enjoyable than having to read the subs.
            Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 09-12-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Has anybody mentioned Elfen Lied yet? I loved that series, though it was very different than the manga (especially the ending). It was sad, but also very, very violent. Even though it had strong Sci-Fi elements, it was probably the most humane series I've ever seen.

Also, I enjoyed watching Witchblade, since I started with the comics. It seems really perverted on the outside (with its insanely great amount of fanservice), but it's story kicks in and finally makes work after a few episodes, and the fanservice practically dies out in the final half of the show, where all the drama ensues. Then the last episode, it made me sad.

Black Lagoon was cool too. Ha, evil Maids and eerie Twins make me happy, but it too had a very cool story.

Then came the attack of Yaoi. Damn Junjou Romantica.

I needz moar yuri.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                Has anybody mentioned Elfen Lied yet? I loved that series, though it was very different than the manga (especially the ending). It was sad, but also very, very violent. Even though it had strong Sci-Fi elements, it was probably the most humane series I've ever seen.

Also, I enjoyed watching Witchblade, since I started with the comics. It seems really perverted on the outside (with its insanely great amount of fanservice), but it's story kicks in and finally makes work after a few episodes, and the fanservice practically dies out in the final half of the show, where all the drama ensues. Then the last episode, it made me sad.
                Witchblade and Elfin Lied are brilliant. Witchblade can be too cheesy at times though.

Comment

Elfen Lied was amazing, i cant believe that i forgot to mention it on my list. It was the most violent anime ive seen and had a really sad and emotional story. Lukily it didnt become too depressing because there were some scenes of comedy that really made me laugh haha

Comment

Originally posted by Town of Green View Post
                    Series:
                    Trigun
                    Big O
                    GTO
                    Blue Gender

Movies:
                    Akira
                    Perfect Blue
                    Metropolis
                    Grave of the Fireflies

I don't watch too much anime. I used to but lately I've been out of it. GTO and FMA Brotherhood are the only anime I've watched this year. If you were to talk about manga, that's another story. I love me a good comic.

If that's the case, if you haven't already, read the original manga for Akira. From what I've heard, it's one of the best you'll ever read.

Here are mine...

Series:
                    Paranoia Agent
                    Cowboy Bebop
                    FLCL (Fooly Cooly)

Movies (there are many more):
                    Akira
                    Perfect Blue
                    Paprika
                    Tokyo Godfathers
                    Millennium Actress
                    Princess Monoke
                    My Neighbor Totoro

I've watched Akira so many times. Still my top favorite after years already.

Originally posted by DrRockso View Post
                    Believe it or not. Tentacles are pretty normal compaired to some of the other stuff I've seen in hentai.
                    Cough...guro COUGH.
                    Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 09-12-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrRockso View Post
                      Witchblade and Elfin Lied are brilliant. Witchblade can be too cheesy at times though.
                      True, WB can be VERY cheesy, but I just loved the character development, and the fact Reina Spoiler:
                      I really want to know its connection to the current WB comics, as I still don't see any.

Someone else said Elfen Lied had its fair share of funny moments. It truly did, and that's why I love it. It can never fit into any specific category/genre. I just can't help but cringe at the sight of cutesy little, big-eyed anime girls getting RIPPED IN FUCKING HALF. Though, it's cool destroying a cliche.

Anyone else heard of Shikabane Hime? The first season was really slow, but the second one was much better imo, with the stories being more mythical rather than organic.

Comment

I think my favourite would be one called Virus Buster Serge. To my knowledge, it isn't hugely popular but it was the first anime I really properly watched (and then my friend lent me Fruits Basket and Chobits) and I just fell in love with it.

In the year 2097 in the city of Neo Hong Kong, man and machine have melded nicely and the city has been blooming with technological advances. However, an entity that takes over the machines called the Virus is becoming a problem. For this problem, there exists the organization STAND equipped with their Gears (machine suits) led by the mysterious Raven. The latest member of the team is Serge, a man who cannot remember his past and thought joining STAND and confronting Raven would help him better understand. Little does he know how important he will become to the whole Virus conflict.
                        At first it sort of reminded me of a more mature Power Rangers (simply because of the suits they change into) but it's completely different and I think worth checking out. And the theme song is awesome.

Akira has already been mentioned and I'm not sure if Ghost in the Shell has but I watched the movie for the first time the other week and thought it was amazing. I keep trying to watch more anime but I can never really find the time to find a decent one.

Comment

Originally posted by BadWolfX View Post
                          Akira has already been mentioned and I'm not sure if Ghost in the Shell has but I watched the movie for the first time the other week and thought it was amazing. I keep trying to watch more anime but I can never really find the time to find a decent one.
                          Both of the ghost in the Shell Movies are amazing! i have yet to check out the series yet though but i might once i finish Samurai Champloo

If you need some where to find some good shows though theres some great websites such as Dubbinz and Just Dubs which are great (if you dont like subs though then id stay away from Just Dubs

Comment

Ah, I prefer watching in the original Japanese. The english dubs always seem so....lacking in most cases. I always try to watch in Japanese w/subtitles. I'll check those sites out after I've finished watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and if I can't find anything on surfthechannel.com.

Originally posted by Swagger View Post
                            Lot of freaky idea's from hentai, my nerd cousin watches them especially tenacles.......what will they think of next
                            It's just to get around the censorship laws, I guess they were the closest phallic object to a penis.
                            Last edited by BadWolfX; 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM.

Comment

FLCL, god damn Wesker Incarnate, thanks for mentioning that. What a freakin' wallflower of an anime. Just out of any conventions. Great soundtrack, which should go without saying.

Comment

I remember watching FLCL on adult swim years ago,they only had a few episodes in english though

Comment

Working...
                                X