Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a jump to the left
    And then a step to the right
    With your hands on your hips
    You bring your knees in tight
    But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane....

The Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    (... And I'm too lazy to list everyone in it).
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 05-10-2010, 02:04 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

• Os Mutantes - A Minha Menina

Wow. This band cuts some thick psychedelia. I'm really enjoying this. Their self titled album is some good shit, and I'd like to look more into this Tropicalia.

Of Montreal - Will You Come and Fetch Me

Speaking of thick psychedelia. It takes some real talent to arrange stuff like this, where one of the most crucial sounds is the simple strum of the autoharp.
      Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-15-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• The Fame, Lady Gaga- Wow. This song is catchy. Like, really catchy. Maybe not as catchy as Paparazzi (well, that was catchy in my opinion), but more catchy than Poker Face (which I found was forcibly catchy).

Comment

• Why Try - Limp Bizkit...

2010YEAROFTHECOBRA... Can't wait!

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

• The Smiths - Hand In Glove
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              The Smiths - Hand In Glove
              "The good life is out there somewhere, so stay on my arm you little charmer."

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Hide and Seek (live)

While Anton Newcombe was never the most clever lyricist, the songs are guitar pop masterpieces IMO. This song in particular is a live staple, I've probably seen 'em play it all the 4 times I went to their concerts. Nowadays the live version goes on for up to 10 minutes and during some of the bridges they insert a line from The Smiths' song "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore--" "I've seen this happen, to other people's lives, now it's happening to mine." Sounds great.
              Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Happiness - the Fray

Comment

• Blutengel - Forever.

German Gothic / Dark Electro / Industrial.

I normally listen to Metal but I just fell in love with Blutengel. Their songs are simply beautiful. Anyone who listens to Industrial, or Dark Electro/Darkwave should give them a listen.
                  Last edited by VirusPunk; 05-18-2010, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                    Blutengel - Forever.

German Gothic / Dark Electro / Industrial.

I normally listen to Metal but I just fell in love with Blutengel. Their songs are simply beautiful. Anyone who listens to Industrial, or Dark Electro/Darkwave should give them a listen.
                    If you like that kind of music, you may consider The Cruxshadows, The Birthday Massacre, or Eisbrecher. I used to be really into Darkwave, but not so much anymore...I still like it and listen to it, but I don't know...Its lost some of its luster for me.

The Cruxshadows
                    >>>Cassandra

For The Cruxshadows, pretty much anything off of the Ethernaut album is good. As for The Birthday Massacre, I recommend the songs Happy Birthday, Video Kid, or Blue. And Eisbrecher's good ones are Vergissmeinicht and Schwarze Witwe.

|AA|
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
                      sigpic

Comment

• Tool parabol and parabola. I used to not care for these songs but now Im hooked on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                          The Birthday Massacre
                          Originally posted by aris13
                          How Soon is Now
                          Love. <3

Comment

• I'm listening Matthew Sweet's 'Spectoresque' masterpiece Thunderstorm. It's so moody and beautiful... Listen to it if you get the chance! EPIC.

Comment

• Last night a friend and I went and checked out a band called The Beards.
                              The band all have beards. Every song they sing is about beards, and how great it is having a beard.

A Wizard needs a beard
                              No beard, no good
                              If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got 2 mums

There you go Darkmoon
                              sigpic

Comment

• Spiritualized and Charlie Parker.

I just saw Public Image Ltd. on Wednesday and god damn, the whole band played a tight as hell set. First and foremost Johnny Rotten hasn't lost a single thing, and the support he has is exceptional. A good amount of the songs were their dub-influenced stuff (though there was also some great pop, like Rise, (This Is Not A) Love Song, Disappointed, Public Image, etc) and the bassist provided the sound for that perfectly. Great to hear Love Song (the opener) change to Poptones.

Comment

Working...
                                X