Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer live music or studio recorded albums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    Random other sounds in the background are not part of the music itself.
    A sampler would love to speak to you.

Comment

LOL

Honestly, I'm most likely not as into music as many of you are. I can take it or leave it most days. That's any kind of music, not just some.

Comment

you like my music right lil....

Comment

LOL

Honestly, I'm most likely not as into music as many of you are. I can take it or leave it most days. That's any kind of music, not just some.
          I can't afford to leave it. Haha, you'll be stronger than I if we ever go back to mother nature. I need it everyday, if I leave it, I just feel like ''blah'' everything sucks without its own tune. xD

Comment

Well that's a fine and dandy opinion, but to me that makes no sense. For music, instruments and actual parts of the music are just that: Part of the music.
            And every single thing you listed as things you don't like, are part of the live album. It's a perfectly apt comparison.
            Last edited by Stu; 02-08-2010, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose312 View Post
              you like my music right lil....
              Yes I do, but I wouldn't listen to it all the time. My head would explode.

And to Stu, sure if you like the additional noise on live albums more power to you. I just think its distracting and detracts from what is important, by which I mean the music itself.

Comment

I like both. Live albums give you a vibe that studio records can't, however, studio recording give the artist more freedom to do what he likes with his/her music...

So it really depends on the artist/band and the nature of the live recording (showcase, concert, unplugged, etc).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

about the live noises...the only Live noise I like is something being smashed....such a great feedback and amazing sounds...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rose312 View Post
                    about the live noises...the only Live noise I like is something being smashed....such a great feedback and amazing sounds...lol
                    Lol, I'll take your word for it. I'm going to go listen to Stomp! now.

Comment

Last night I plugged in an old guitar and tried to cut the strings with scissors to see what sound it made lol. Made a really odd sound...now Im stringless lol

Comment

Probably wasn't the best idea...

Comment

Not Really, I can get string for free lol

Comment

Why are you in my shoe!!!?? Get out! I'll get a blister!

Comment

You already have a blister on your neck, that's why I'm in your shoe, duh.

Back on topic Lilith...trouble maker

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                                I like both. Live albums give you a vibe that studio records can't, however, studio recording give the artist more freedom to do what he likes with his/her music...

So it really depends on the artist/band and the nature of the live recording (showcase, concert, unplugged, etc).
                                If a artist can't perform without studio tweaks then they shouldn't be singing anyway.
                                Death to all auto-tune chipmunks. It rare nowadays to find a female artist that can harmonize without sounding like a strangled cat too ;-(
                                Last edited by kevstah2004; 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM.
                                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X