have you ever been kicked off a forum til 2035

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
    You only get banned/suspended if you got the troll urge and that immaturity sticks out.
    Far from the truth. I've been dwelling on forums since the early 2000's. Mainly on medicine related sites, this is my first gaming site. However, I have seen people banned for ridiculous reasons, like agreeing with one side of opposing opinions. Too bad the side the person chose to agree with was not a staff member.

Basically, staff members banning members simply because they don't like the individual or more specifically, what that person believes.

Overall, it depends on the site and how closed/open minded the personnel running the site are.

Comment

I've never been banned from any forum so far, and I intend on keeping it that way. Why people can't use the internet on a civil way? LOL.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Because they think the fact no one has yet invented a way to reach down a cable and beat them shitless for saying something stupid makes it perfectly acceptable, even clever, to do so. You prove what a tough clever person you are...by being tough and clever in aplace where you can't get hurt.

Personally, I treat everyone pretty much the same offline as off. I'm slightly more manic online but that's just because it amuses me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beanovsky Durst View Post
          I've never been banned from any forum so far, and I intend on keeping it that way. Why people can't use the internet on a civil way? LOL.
          Simple. It's the internet. It's not real in the sense that it isn't "tangible". They feel safe because for the most part they are anonymous, only serious offenders who utilize the internet for detrimental purposes warrant serious punishment. A ban is nothing to most people. Even those intent on causing trouble (trolls) are simply having fun.

Sad, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
            You only get banned/suspended if you got the troll urge and that immaturity sticks out. People taking the internet seriously and giving out insults in a forums is funny. Is it nervous breakdown or butthurt. Haha I don't know but either of those 2 will get you banned if you react to that troll urge.
            So you're including all of who got suspended for silly things in the same sack as "trolls"?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Because they think the fact no one has yet invented a way to reach down a cable and beat them shitless for saying something stupid makes it perfectly acceptable, even clever, to do so. You prove what a tough clever person you are...by being tough and clever in aplace where you can't get hurt.

Personally, I treat everyone pretty much the same offline as off. I'm slightly more manic online but that's just because it amuses me.
              So true; I'm also quite the same online as offline, I don't see the fun on pretending, but that's personal, if someone wants to be a jerk to feel better go ahead, I couldn't care less...

Originally posted by 5 Minutes View Post
              Simple. It's the internet. It's not real in the sense that it isn't "tangible". They feel safe because for the most part they are anonymous, only serious offenders who utilize the internet for detrimental purposes warrant serious punishment. A ban is nothing to most people. Even those intent on causing trouble (trolls) are simply having fun.

Sad, but true.
              Yeah, that's internet's weakest point. Still I think that there's people that take their shenanigans too far or take it too seriously...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Working...
              X