No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead - Frank Darabont/Robert Kirkman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started watching this show from the third episode and I gotta say I'm hooked. I like how zombies and mindless zombie killing isn't the main aspect of the show but like 28 Days Later it shows its effect on the remaining human population

Comment

So far I like the show and I eagerly await more. But I am a little disappointed. I'm not sure what I was expecting (I never read the comics), but maybe just a little more "action". Not too much though - not to the point where it was was mindless. But I think the character focus is making the pace feel a little too slow. It took four episodes to see any humans getting killed by the zombies. At around 45 minute episodes, it's about the equivalent of watching 1 1/2 full zombie movies (at a 90 minute avg.) without a single death.

Maybe once more major events happen along the story it will get better for me.

Personally, I think there's a big avenue in the zombie genre that hasn't been tapped well yet and if this show does well, I'd love to see another TV series utilize it. We always see these movies, and similar in the case of Walking Dead, that start pretty much after the fall of humanity or in the case of a few (such as Night/Dawn of the Dead which start early in the "outbreak") they only focus on an isolated part.

I'd love to see a TV series that starts early on and ends late that shows a slower progression of the breakdown of society. Episode 1 would start on the first few days as the first police calls and hospital admissions occur and society starts the panic. Then you'd progress every few days or weeks, with episodes devoted to certain things - like an episode showing the breakdown of the fire departments; the fall of the police; the hospitals overrun; survivor shelters being taken out, ect. They don't have to be specifically devoted to one thing, as they should show what the hospital, FD, and PD are up to and what's going on througout, but I'd love to see things fall more progressively. Not just movie starts, maybe a short prologue prior to the "outbreaks", then bam you're either a year into it and like five people are left or we get stuck with a handful of people who hole themselves up somewhere and at best you only get to hear about the fall of society. One of my most favorite parts of Romero's trilogy is the first part of Dawn of the Dead in the tv studio and when they are flying over the survivor/military convoys. I want to see more of that. More on society itself, not just a small group.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with Alzaire. With episodes 2 and 3 I was hoping for a little more action, it was just too dramatic for my tastes. I obviously missed episodes 4 and 5, so maybe I missed some good action(?). The first episode was the way I was hoping the entire show would follow, it had 50/50 action/drama and the overall atmosphere of it was groundbreaking.

Comment

This is relevant to my interests.

Frank Darabont is awesome.
          See you in hell.

Comment

One of the best shows on TV. Lots of action, zombies & drama. First season was great & I'm eagerly awaiting the second. It's a long ways away, but it'll be at least twice as long as the first. Season one finale left a lot of questions to be answered.

Comment

I've only caught a few episodes, which I'm ashamed to say as a Louisville native(Trying to represent for Rob) but I've liked what I've seen. However, I heard the finale was lackluster and Frank/Rob fired the entire writing staff recently to start a clean slate for the second season. Can't confirm or deny, but you might want to look into it if you're dedicated.

Cheers.
              Last edited by REmaster; 12-15-2010, 11:07 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Loved the show when it was running, watched it again over the weekend and thought it was even better.

All brought on again because i started reading the comics last week. Just reached issue 70 in the last half hour and i continue to be blown away. I could probably rant on about it for hours.

The options for the TV show going forward and crazy, can't wait to see how characters like The Governor, The Hunters, Michonne and Tyrese (SURELY Michael Clarke Duncan was built for that role!?) make the translation to TV at some point (if not season two like the writers are suggesting).

First comic books i've ever read as an adult, totally blown away.

Comment

I bought the DVD set to this a few weeks ago because I always had an interest for it when it was on television, but I do not watch TV shows on the air...I just can't really deal with the waiting for the next episode or the incessant commercials that advertise the same product (Commercial breaks are always so predictable these days depending on what you're watching).

I was, however, a bit pissed that the DVD set only had six episodes total. I was expecting a minimum of about ten. That seems to be a general rule for new TV series is that the first season will have approximately 10 - 13 episodes. Nope, six! $25 for six episodes! I got to the end, and really wanted more, so to satiate my craving, I did turn to the comic book.

I have to say I am actually quite impressed with this comic; it isn't boring or repetitive. The only thing I don't care for is the changing of artists. The first dude did a way better job than the second. Meh.

|AA|
                  sigpic

Comment

How can you be pissed at the DVD for you not looking more into it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                      How can you be pissed at the DVD for you not looking more into it?
                      As I noted in the other post, most "Season 1"'s of shows are roughly 10 or so episodes. I just expected it to be more than six. Is that my fault? Yes. I assumed.

I wanted more when I reached the end. The six episodes were good, but I just would have liked to have seen a bit more.

|AA|
                      sigpic

Comment

And here we go folkes. Series 2 Comic-Con trailer is now out so enjoy!

I was pleased with the overall performance on series 1, given the 6 short episodes and the rush scripts from some of the external writters. I'm glad this has been fixed and will bring back the same quality bar the first (and some others after) episode had now. October the 16th here we come

Comment

12 episode full season. Cant say no to that.

Comment

Awesome, can't wait!
                            Freedom of Information.

Comment

Frank Darabont Departs The Walking Dead
                              sigpic

Comment

Read about this too, not sure what to expect or how to feel really. Be nice to hear the whole story.

Comment

Working...
                                X