The Walking Dead - Frank Darabont/Robert Kirkman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
    ..and Darryl's brother who.. is.. coming back at some point? Bit of a loose end there..)
    Yes that is the episode I'm waiting for.. I imagine it going something like this followed by an almighty ass kicking..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      Also, my wife has the opposite view of Dale and Andrea - that Dale had no right to make that decision for her, no right to take her gun from her, no right to make choices on how she lived or didn't. As I mentioned, I'm a little disappointed in how she's come across so far. She kicks some major ass in the comic. But most of the woman are coming across a bit too dainty and feminine for me. It makes sense - Daryl's a hunter, Shane and Rick are cops and Dale is...experienced with guns. But they need show the laddies as more independent. Maggie's baseball scene is good, for example.
      Yup. That is definitely another way of looking at it! I just can't help but side with Dale, though. He didn't force her to leave the CDC, he just chose to stay with her, because he didn't want to live without her. Sounds like comic Andrea is a more entertaining character!

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      Why is it a shame if you don't even know what the comics are like?
      I know that adaptations can follow the source material for better or for worse, but I always feel a little bad when they don't. Usually because it's for the worst, haha!

Originally posted by Scream View Post
      Yes that is the episode I'm waiting for.. I imagine it going something like this followed by an almighty ass kicking..
      LOL. I'd watch that episode! ...
      sigpic

Comment

Guess that episode will be next week since hes coming back!!

Comment

Unlike Resident Evil, Walking Dead is a zombie series that may stray from the source material but is actually just as entertaining.

I'm a Daryl fan as well. Not from the comics as I've heard, but he is one of the most likeable red necks you'll ever get. and as a survivalist the man is BOSS with those arrows.

I'm in the minority it seems that doesn't view Shane as pure evil. I do think this outbreak has gotten the worst of him, but he tries to justify his actions no matter how sleazy. Then again don't most bad people?

Spoiler:
          Last edited by Smiley; 11-07-2011, 04:00 AM.

Comment

I saw what Shane did more or less coming, during the in-between section I was thinking "Oh boy, I'll bet he's shot Otis in the leg or something"... and boom.

Though I would say that shooting him in the leg is essentially the most logical, as not only would the smell attract them - the sound would too, more-so with him howling in pain, whereas the gunshot would sound and it would attract some for a shorter period of time than a longer sound.

Still, it wasn't exactly needed as the pack really wasn't that close at the time.

Though a possibility with Carol could happen if they were to find Sophia and she's gotten infected could be the last straw for "weak" Carol and we could see some more from her like in the last season perhaps.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Fuck...the series is half over AND we have to wait 8 weeks for the second half of the series.
              Didn't expect the episode to end the way it did. Its been a really strong season so far, I think some things have been a little too prolonged and could have been wrapped up a little sooner but overall its been a good watch.

Remember, we have folks in the UK and other parts of the world who haven't seen the ep yet.Use spoiler tags is you want to share your opinion on something spoilery.

Comment

THAT WAS INTENSE! I'm with Wrathborne, things dragged on a bit but it was well worth it for this. I don't wanna wait until February D=

Spoiler:

The thing I love about this show is everybody has a point. I can't pick just one person or logic to side with.
                Last edited by Inferno04; 11-28-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Fucking loved this episode, cant wait for more.

Comment

That ending made the whole slow pace of the season worthwhile. One of my favourite bits of TV ever.

Comment

• Spoilers of latest episode and later issues of the comic. You have been warned.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
                        I'm a Daryl fan as well. Not from the comics as I've heard, but he is one of the most likeable red necks you'll ever get. and as a survivalist the man is BOSS with those arrows.
                        Indeed, they are making him out to be a decent guy and I like that Schutzstaffel logo on his motorcycle. I hope his brother comes back for real but something tells me if he does Daryl will oppose him they made it pretty clear in the dream thingy.. Gonna watch the next episode in 15 minutes with the girlfriend then Dexter..

Edit: Walking Dead end was like a Doom level - Shane with his shaved head reminds me of a built up Iranian guy I went to college with, always looking for a fight.

Rofl, I must say the Dexter episode was a lot funnier. "So you were banging a stripper and your gun fell out? Did you at least get her number?"

"Surprised you didn't burst into flames - don't fucking tell me what God wants!"

Some classic quotes in there
                        Last edited by Scream; 11-28-2011, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Just watche my first episode today, so i havnt read the rest of the thread but god is this show good!!! im loving it so far. thne acting is great, the pacing of the first episode is brillaint, theres a lot of tension building, and the actors so far afre doing a great job.

Comment

• Actually Xander Lori is a hell of a lot less of a bitch than she is in the comics...but shes still an iffy character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Actually Xander Lori is a hell of a lot less of a bitch than she is in the comics...but shes still an iffy character.
                              I don't know...She just really has always rubbed me the wrong way in both the show and the comic. I'll agree that in the comic she is a bit more extreme and freaks out of the tiniest thing, but she also has her moments in the show. Plus, it doesn't help matters that I'm not overly fond of that actress that portrays her in the show. Blech.

I'm really interested to see if the show will incorporate the Governor and Michonne; I read somewhere that they were considering that story arc, but hadn't quite committed to it yet. I doubt they will be as graphic...Though, they have come to surprise me in a few other instances...
                              sigpic

Comment

• I was actually holding out hope, and the ending completely took me off guard. The shit really hit the fan, and the sad part is we all have to wait till February.

Comment

Working...
                                X