No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones Television Adaptation on HBO/BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, not to double post or anything, but. . .

Inspired my Mr. Spencer's amount of trolling in this thread. . . I decided to make a MODOK Goes With Trolling GAME OF THRONES video as tribute.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I couldn't think of a better scene that represents the best moment in a Game of Thrones where George R R Martin trolled us all. . .HARD.

Joffrey be trollin' Joffrey be trollin', man.

Hope everyone enjoys.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by valentinesdead? View Post

Ipad? I meant the actual Kindle device. I recently purchased one. If you read alot, i'ts like having a virtual library in the tips of your fingers. You can buy books off the Kindle store(most which are cheaper than physical copies). ...or other places if you know where to look(if you get my drift). Bottom line, you can save alot of money. And personally, I'm aiming at trying to support the more independent Kindle authors(the few good ones, anyway), rather than the published bookstores. . . .but that's another story.
      I thought kindle was just e-books for ipads, didn't realise it was a dedicated device. But for a dedicated device £111 for the no frills version is stupidly steep, so still a pass from me.
      Last edited by Dracarys; 07-12-2011, 01:48 PM.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
        I thought kindle was just e-books for ipads, didn't realise it was a dedicated device. But for a dedicated device £111 for the no frills version is stupidly steep, so still a pass from me.
        I fail to see how a dedicated reading device, if, you know, you read a lot, is "stupidly steep." Again, its really a money saver if you know how to acquire stuff, literally almost a virtual library, where you can checkout and check-in whatever books you want. That, and the screen itself doesn't resemble an electronic screen like that of an ipad, ipod, or cell phone, but something that very much resembles paper quality. You would hardly think of it as electronic. But, being of value depends on the amount of reading you do. If you only desire to read a book every now and then, then yeah, it's most likely not worth it(or more desirable as an ipad or iphone app). But I was only suggesting it, since you were complaining about the amount the paperbacks(mass market, or big paperbacks?) were going for. Anyways, doesn't much matter then.

But on-to another fascinating subject. . .the behemoth has finally been unleashed. I'm of course, talking about A Dance. . .A Dance With Dragons!

Behold the glory!

My hardcover was shipped by Amazon yesterday, and should be here in a couple days(although, I already snagged a copy of it for my Kindle, heh). But since I'm still reading A Feast(currently on page 370ish something), it might be another week or two before I get to A Dance, but that's okay, cause I'm in no rush. Video Games and Television series I love to marathon through when newly released, but, books are a very different thing with me. I like to take my time and enjoy them. Just gotta be careful about coming across any potential spoilers, but that really shouldn't be hard.

I'm enjoying Feast very much as it is. Kinda don't see why it was viewed more sourly than it's brethen--but chalk that up to hype and expectations. Not every book is going to top something like A Storm of Swords. These are volumes, after all. Hopefully A Dance, and the last two books, however, will be nothing short of dazzling.

Anyone else reading any of the books currently?
        Last edited by valentinesdead?; 07-12-2011, 06:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm still considering getting them at some point.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

Peter Dinklage(Tyrion Lannister) earns a Best Supporting Actor Emmy nomination

Well-deserved. We should see even more great things from Dinklage with Tyrion's huge role in A Clash of Kings and beyond.

Comment

Stannis and Melisandre have been cast

Stephen Dillane and Carice van Houten

I also finished A Storm of Swords not five minutes ago, with only the epilogue left to read.

Spoiler:
              Last edited by Vector; 07-19-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Great news from the Comic-Con panel about Season 2:

Spoilers ahoy:
                Spoiler:

Comment

This Just in, Paul W.S Anderson brought in to write and direct the next season...just kidding .

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                    Great news from the Comic-Con panel about Season 2:

Spoilers ahoy:
                    Spoiler:
                    Spoiler:

Also, found a set of videos with the actual comic-con panel. Very clear video and audio quality. 1080p even!

Game of Thrones panel at San Diego Comic Con 2011Part 1: http://youtu.be/lpL6F2hKgV8Part 2: http://youtu.be/PsZ-acZYqcoPart 3: http://youtu.be/IGp3KtTBqtMPar...

Only watched the first part so far. Very funny to hear that movie studio's were wanting to adapt it into a 2/12 hour movie. . .PG-13 even. Talk about an abomination had that come to pass! And is it me, or did Peter Dirk get the biggest pop? Everyone just seems to love the little Imp.

I'm past the 500 mark in A Dance With Dragons, finally past the point where A Feast For Crows left off. I would maybe post some musings, but considering only one person(Vector) is actively reading the series--I suppose I would be talking(typing) to myself. Nevertheless, I'd say it's the best balanced out of all the books. It's got very strong POVs(Though that's due to A Feast having to shoulder the weaker ones), so I've actually been reading about 100-150 pages a day. 500 pages in, I'm hoping I'm about to hit the true HOLY SHIT moments(but as mentioned, it's been quite the steady stream of page turning revelations and twist). It's very surprising how much the "game of thrones" game board keeps changing. . .no clue how's its going to turn out. There's just SO MANY factions in the game at this point. . .
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by valentinesdead?; 07-22-2011, 02:29 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

First two books arrived this morning, only 100 pages or so into GoT but so far the TV series seem very accurate.

Comment

Just finished a chapter near the last couple hundred pages of A Dance With Dragons, and I feel like I need to let off some steam about it's climax. . .SPOILERS

YOU ARE WARNED!!!

Spoiler:

First two books arrived this morning, only 100 pages or so into GoT but so far the TV series seem very accurate.

Despite a few very minor changes here and there, and a couple more dramatic ones, yes, it's very faithful to the book. The only downside is how some backstory can't exactly be worked into the series, but that's the nature of the best. Which is A-okay, since the series is for me such a great supplement to the books, and it's just awesome to see the story brought to life.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thinking about it the ages of all the children seems altered heavily, like Daenerys being 13, most of the children are played by actors well beyond the part they are playing, but this is often true of many US TV shows, getting people in mid-late 20s playing high schools teens and such.

Thinking about her scenes it was probably a change for the better. Story or not who wants that on TV...
                          Last edited by Dracarys; 07-26-2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Thinking about it the ages of all the children seems altered heavily, like Daenerys being 13, most of the children are played by actors well beyond the part they are playing, but this is often true of many US TV shows, getting people in mid-late 20s playing high schools teens and such.

Thinking about her scenes it was probably a change for the better. Story or not who wants that on TV...
                            That creepy german troll we had a few weeks ago.

Comment

Well answered, Wrathborne.
                              Freedom of Information.

Comment

All of the characters are older in the show than they are in the books...I know that the kids are at least 2 years older. I think that Arya was 9 at the start of Book 1, but in the show she's 10 or 11, etc. Maisie Williams, the actor who plays Arya, looks around that age as well, but is actually 14 in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X