No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones Television Adaptation on HBO/BBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew about the RTS, I didn't think it looked very good, the scale of things seems laughable.

Why they call everything GoT though, especially the RTS set long before GoT, shouldn't it be Song of Ice and Fire?
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
      I knew about the RTS, I didn't think it looked very good, the scale of things seems laughable.

Why they call everything GoT though, especially the RTS set long before GoT, shouldn't it be Song of Ice and Fire?
      Yeah, that annoys me quite a bit, but I figured that was what going to happen. Easier brand recognition or whatever I suppose. The people in charge think other people are too stupid to be able to comprehend the series proper name of A Song of Fire and Ice. That's the usual excuse used for other instances of something like this, anyways.
      sigpic

Comment

• So. I just started reading the first book. Just finished the first Dany chapter.

I enjoy how much sassier Jon Snow seems to be in the book vs. the show.

Comment

• Aaaaaand I finally ordered the books. Got them at a nice price on Amazon.

Should entertain me a lot on way to work and back. I see more and more people sitting with the books in subways, bus, trains.
          Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I just got the first two books in Asda, £3.96 each or 2 for £7. Whereas Waterstones etc. sells them at £8,99 each. Bargain.

Comment

• Nabbed all mine off amazon.
              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                I knew about the RTS, I didn't think it looked very good, the scale of things seems laughable.

'A Game of Thrones' is not just the name of the first book...it's an all-encompassing idea and theme for the series as a whole. 'Game of Thrones' works a hell of a lot better as a title for a TV show or a video game than 'A Song of Ice and Fire' ever would have.
                Last edited by Vector; 09-29-2011, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• Ygritte has finally been cast.

Comment

• The books just arrived, getting them from the post office tomorrow.
                    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• So I finished the first book.

Joffrey's quote is quite memorable...

I'll get you with child as soon as you're able. If the first one is stupid, I'll chop off your head and find a smarter wife. When do you think you'll be able to have children?
                      Freedom of Information.

Comment

• George S.Martins series...It can almost be summarized as "lots of evil Incestuous buttsecks".

Comment

• Lady boy is coming

Comment

• Wow. If there was one actor I couldn't imagine playing a transgender on TV, it's Sean Bean. He is just so manly. That voice. That will certainly be interesting to watch.

Comment

• I...who...what?

Comment

• Sean Bean in drag. Isn't it beautiful?

Comment

Working...
                                X