Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another CG game movie - Tekken

Tekken Blood Vengeance Trailer...

Wasn't sure if this had been posted on THIA yet or not, but just wondering on a general opinion since it might be a bit interesting considering some of the people involved in the production's previous works.

I, for one am quite an Iron Fist (Tek Ken) fan so I'm interested in seeing it. But I'm more interested in hearing the voice actors chosen, if they'll have Lynn voice Christie or someone again (Rebecca in RE1, Nina Williams in Tekken to Tekken Tag Tournament and others in Glass Rose) or if they'll have Leslie voice Nina again (RE1 Jill - more or less Jill has come full-circle with the blonde hair and the purple/blue battlesuit... Emi/Emmy in Glass Rose, Nina in Tekken 4, Tekken 5 - possibly PSP version of Tekken 6 as it sounds like audio was reused).

But I do wonder if we will see Heihachi in it because Daisuke Gōri passed away last year and they've only just gotten Unshō Ishizuka to voice him for Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Thoughts on it anyone?
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Needs Bryan Fury.
    See you in hell.

Comment

Haven't they learned yet? The anime didn't work, the live action didn't work, what makes them think CG will?

Comment

A combination of hope and cocaine.

Still, let's see some more before going MST 3000 on it.

Comment

It's the same old problem thats always present in fighting game to movie adaptations, most fighting games barely have a plot. They can never seem to fit a plot in there that actually works and doesn't seem lame or obviously tacked in.

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
            Haven't they learned yet? The anime didn't work, the live action didn't work, what makes them think CG will?
            I had no idea that there was a Tekken anime. Heard about the god awful live action film though.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Yep, it was released in 97/98

YouTube video:

Comment

Didn't it have a sex scene between Kazuya and Jun? A fairly awful one, at that.

Comment

Christ, I must have missed this. But I assume it wasn't too great?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

I saw it once years ago and from what i remember it wasn't that great

Comment

No, it's fairly awful. Bad enough I can't remember anything right and have no desire to refresh my memory. But here's the plot, in case you are - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken:...n_Picture#Plot

Comment

Oh god, that anime trailer... I understand that it was not... great.

I used to play Tekken 3 as a kid. Oh the hours my sister and I put on that PS1...
                        Last edited by Trent; 05-11-2011, 02:38 PM.
                        Freedom of Information.

Comment

Oh God. I remember my fifth grade art teacher (or was it sixth grade?) showing us the Tekken anime movie for film showing time or something. Midway through the movie she stepped out of the classroom for a bit to chat with another teacher... and then the Anna shower scene came up and the entire class was like . Unfortunately, she stepped back in when she heard the ruckus and skipped to the next part. The entire class was like
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

Tekken doesnt have a story though.

I mean it has more of a story that Street Fighter and all, but its still pretty much 'Hey, you! Lets fight!' 'Thems fighting words!'
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 05-11-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                              Tekken doesnt have a story though.

I mean it has more of a story that Street Fighter and all, but its still pretty much 'Hey, you! Lets fight!' 'Thems fighting words!'
                              Tekken does have a story. Y'know, the Heihachi throwing his son off a cliff, and Kazuya returning the favor by making a deal with the Devil. Family issues and more family issues.

I'm very excited. The past two films based on Tekken were terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X