No announcement yet.

Amy Winehouse (27) found dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I guess I must be a horrible human being then, because I could care less. I have no respect for drug addicts, especially ones that have to show up to perform for something and fail to deliver due to said addiction. I also never found her that talented so it's no loss to me. I refuse to lump her in with the rest of the 27 Club, even though a few of them died by drugs as well.

I'm sorry, I just have my own problems going on without mourning for a rich star that died of their own fault. It was the same way with Ryan Dunn, why should we respect either of them? Because they existed?

Comment

Originally posted by Inferno04 View Post
      Well I guess I must be a horrible human being then, because I could care less. I have no respect for drug addicts, especially ones that have to show up to perform for something and fail to deliver due to said addiction. I also never found her that talented so it's no loss to me. I refuse to lump her in with the rest of the 27 Club, even though a few of them died by drugs as well.

I'm sorry, I just have my own problems going on without mourning for a rich star that died of their own fault. It was the same way with Ryan Dunn, why should we respect either of them? Because they existed?
      agreed !!!!

Comment

I just think it's sad when people lose compassion and empathy for others. She harmed no one else but herself, and I think making jokes about her death is classless and tasteless.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
          I just think it's sad when people lose compassion and empathy for others. She harmed no one else but herself, and I think making jokes about her death is classless and tasteless.
          It is, but doesn't stop them from being even slightly entertaining if the situation is ironic. Her major hit was about refusing to go to rehab. Some people are going to find that funny, no matter how wrong it is, even if it's an awkward kind of laughter. Don't forget the concept of Schadenfrude either, it's the only reason I watch dumb pregnant teenagers parade around on MTV.
          Last edited by Inferno04; 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

another typical music star dead because of a drug additction. not suprising
            PSN Gamercards

Comment

Alright, ladies and gents, I will ask for a modicum of respect. Not, perhaps, for the lady herself. But she did have friends and family who saw where this was going, tried to get her to stay away from the drugs, and don't really need a reminder that there loved one isn't going to be remembered for a fabulous talent, but as a joke. I'm hoping most of you are decent enough to take the feelings of her loved ones into account and post accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                I remain unsurprised.
                Yeah, my death is open game.
                See you in hell.

Comment

We're already preparing a special RPD Dispatch with some of Spencer's Greatest Hits when he's finally killed by someone. Because, let's be honest here, Spencer is not dying a natural death the way he pisses people off. My bet for who gets him is Japanese Feminists.

Comment

You want to kill me? Well, get a number and get in line.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

Am I a Japanese Feminist? Then no. I'd loose the bet if I killed you.

Comment

Whoa... Bam, 27 Club.

Comment

I don't know (or care) who this person is, but regardless of how fucked up she was: this person is still a human being. If anything, the animosity showcased by some people in reaction to her death - self induced or not - is quite frankly making you out to be the ass, rather than her and the idiotic addiction she inflicted herself with.
                          Last edited by let me live; 07-23-2011, 08:26 PM.
                          REALDEMO

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Alright, ladies and gents, I will ask for a modicum of respect. Not, perhaps, for the lady herself. But she did have friends and family who saw where this was going, tried to get her to stay away from the drugs, and don't really need a reminder that there loved one isn't going to be remembered for a fabulous talent, but as a joke. I'm hoping most of you are decent enough to take the feelings of her loved ones into account and post accordingly.
                            Where was this when Ryan Dunn died?

I have no interest in Amy or her music but its harsh to make jokes about her. She was a drug addict and choose to live her life that way but she has friends and family and if they saw what some people are saying it would break their heart. Again I hope someone takes the piss when people who mock the dead die cause lets face it you deserve it. As far as people who say 'I want to be mocked when I'm dead' well your full of shit or just dont give a shit about yourself or those around you and dont deserve friends or family. Maybe when you GROW UP and have children then you will regret that statement because if you dont care I bet my house on it that your children or parents wouldnt find it funny. So yeah GROW UP or keep your lame ass sick opinion to yourself.

Comment

If it's any consolation you're more than welcome to piss over my grave and picket my funeral when I die, I've mentioned this before in other threads and extended the offer to anyone who's interested. I do care about myself by the way, I am happy with my life. But when I'm dead it doesn't make any difference what happens to my corpse, it's just an empty shell at that point and should be treated as such.
                              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 07-24-2011, 11:21 PM.
                              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                                Where was this when Ryan Dunn died?

I have no interest in Amy or her music but its harsh to make jokes about her. She was a drug addict and choose to live her life that way but she has friends and family and if they saw what some people are saying it would break their heart. Again I hope someone takes the piss when people who mock the dead die cause lets face it you deserve it. As far as people who say 'I want to be mocked when I'm dead' well your full of shit or just dont give a shit about yourself or those around you and dont deserve friends or family. Maybe when you GROW UP and have children then you will regret that statement because if you dont care I bet my house on it that your children or parents wouldnt find it funny. So yeah GROW UP or keep your lame ass sick opinion to yourself.
                                Ryan Dunn killed another person because he was DUI. Winehouse, as talented as she was, had her own bad moments, but apart from cheating dozens of thousands of people out of their money, she didn't do harm to anyone but herself.

Comment

Working...
                                X