Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much to my amusement, the first time I watched the Ring my phone rang during the credits. I admit it, I sat there and stared at the phone, then the TV, then the phone again for a few seconds before answering.

Comment

I have to admit, the Ring (US) is a real, modern scary movie. Quite rare these days..

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
        Nah, its a LOT different to Hellraiser.. it has an actual story..
        I didn't say what I meant well...

It was more-so just that one part that reminded me of Hellraiser. Though the quote brings to mind a quote from Hellraiser

"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others." -Pinhead
        I never really found The Ring or The Grudge...Or any of those Japanese horror movies with a creepy-ass kid to be that scary. They have their boo-ahh! moments, but still nothing that would keep me up for hours on end.

I can remember the Headless Horsemen from Sleepy Hollow freaking me out when I was younger. It was mainly that part at the end when his head is reattached and its that scary version of Christopher Walken.
        sigpic

Comment

Both the Ring and the Grudge made me laugh at the "scary" parts. That kid that would meow at ya & the girl that crawled her way out of a TV, man that shit was hilarious. Especially when the girl would do the "robot" dance while walking. Gah!

"It" was only scary because Tim Curry looks terrifying with make-up on. Even as a young guy... back when he did The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
          Last edited by Pikminister; 10-14-2011, 11:40 AM.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
            Though the quote brings to mind a quote from Hellraiser
            Hmm, I wonder which came first

Originally posted by Pikminister
            Both the Ring and the Grudge made me laugh at the "scary" parts. That kid that would meow at ya & the girl that crawled her way out of a TV, man that shit was hilarious. Especially when the girl would do the "robot" dance while walking. Gah!
            Sure you weren't watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zoX9MGMbk

Comment

"It" scared the hell out of me when i was younger, it actually made me scared of clowns.. But I bought it on dvd about 4 years ago and was very disappointed. |:
              seemed super scary when i was little.. I think its a crappy movie.
              Last edited by MooWeirdo; 10-14-2011, 11:57 AM.
              sigpic
              Moo. Moo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                Hmm, I wonder which came first

Sure you weren't watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zoX9MGMbk
                I saw that one too.

It made me think that the producers of the Scary Movie franchise most likely saw the funny in the remakes as well. Thus why they lampooned it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                  He used to scare me too! But after watching Nostalgia Critic's review of the film, I feel stupid for ever being scared..
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...3rWkpPo#t=445s LMAO.
                  I agree about the parts where Tim Curry's legitimately hamming it the hell up,
                  (e.g. "Got Prince Albert in a can? Well ya better let him out! WOOHAT WOOHAT WOOHAT!") but from the perspective of people afraid of clowns or otherwise, I think some sequences in the miniseries still work.

Plus, try to remember that Nostalgia Critic is a character, and the furthest thing from a legitimate critic as possible. His style is nitpicky, and that's why I and a lot of others watch him and enjoy him. For instance, if you put things he says under scrutiny, you can find holes. The whole balloon thing he went on about, where he wondered how the hell anybody can be afraid of a balloon is funny, but ridiculous. It's not the actual object at face value that provides the scare, but the association of Pennywise.

However, I will admit that my proverbial skin is as thin as can be when it comes to horror movies. That Tommyknockers miniseries, a few things actually frightened me about it, even despite Critic's banter. The scene where that kid makes his brother disappear in front of a crowd, and his just sad frustration at the consequences hitting him seriously unsettled and disturbed me. Langoliers, however, that's just irredeemable.

Me being so sensitive is why I really can't come up with an answer for this thread, there are a lot of movies and some parts of shows which scare me in equal magnitude.

Comment

From my very early memory, the scariest part of It was the shower part when those pipes start moving around, I remember that freaking me out for some reason.

Comment

You know what, I think the original texas chainsaw massacre is probably the scariest film ive ever seen.

Comment

Am I the only one not scared by movies? I find this more scary than anything in the middle of the night. I'm deadly serious...

test video test card. bbc test card f carol hersee.
                        Last edited by Guest; 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                          Am I the only one not scared by movies? I find this more scary than anything in the middle of the night. I'm deadly serious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdayY0UaMog
                          Well I think most of us are talking about movies that used to creep us out when we were kids. Presently, I don't find any of the current slasher/horror flicks scary at all.

The last time I got freaked out at the movies was when I had to sit through Sex in the City The Movie (TM) (believe me, I tried like hell to talk my way out of that one). My eye balls were burning during the whole thing and I had to fake a smile/laugh during the "funny" parts. But it was worth it (Heh! Heh!).

I'm hoping Guillermo del Toro makes a good scary flick soon. One that he actually directs himself.
                          Last edited by Pikminister; 10-14-2011, 07:39 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                            Well I think most of us are talking about movies that used to creep us out when we were kids. Presently, I don't find any of the current slasher/horror flicks scary at all.

The last time I got freaked out at the movies was when I had to sit through Sex in the City The Movie (TM) (believe me, I tried like hell to talk my way out of that one). My eye balls were burning during the whole thing and I had to fake a smile/laugh during the "funny" parts. But it was worth it (Heh! Heh!).

I'm hoping Guillermo del Toro makes a good scary flick soon. One that he actually directs himself.
                            Im guessing you got dragged to that by a girl friend? thats how I ended up seeing it, my ex was a massive sex and the city fan :/ she even managed to convince me to watch the first season all the way through with her.....

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                              I agree about the parts where Tim Curry's legitimately hamming it the hell up, (e.g. "Got Prince Albert in a can? Well ya better let him out! WOOHAT WOOHAT WOOHAT!") but from the perspective of people afraid of clowns or otherwise, I think some sequences in the miniseries still work. Plus, try to remember that Nostalgia Critic is a character, and the furthest thing from a legitimate critic as possible. His style is nitpicky, and that's why I and a lot of others watch him and enjoy him. For instance, if you put things he says under scrutiny, you can find holes. The whole balloon thing he went on about, where he wondered how the hell anybody can be afraid of a balloon is funny, but ridiculous. It's not the actual object at face value that provides the scare, but the association of Pennywise. However, I will admit that my proverbial skin is as thin as can be when it comes to horror movies. That Tommyknockers miniseries, a few things actually frightened me about it, even despite Critic's banter. The scene where that kid makes his brother disappear in front of a crowd, and his just sad frustration at the consequences hitting him seriously unsettled and disturbed me. Langoliers, however, that's just irredeemable. Me being so sensitive is why I really can't come up with an answer for this thread, there are a lot of movies and some parts of shows which scare me in equal magnitude.
                              Oh, I understand completely! IT did scare me when I was younger; and I have heard that the book is much better in explaining things the Nostalgia Critic was baffled by. The mini-series seems to leave a lot of things unexplained. But I do know he's playing a character, and there are actually a lot of times I disagree with his nitpicks or criticisms.

What I meant was I was definitely scared by the movie when I was little, and when I had re-watched a few years ago it did nothing for me. So when NC reviewed it, it made it even less scary to me. (Like that scene in the asylum with the half dog/half human guy? That's pretty ridiculous. Though, I am sure the book probably handles the scene better.) Yeah, so I may not be scared by the movie any longer, but I can certainly understand if people are and why.

Pictured below: nightmare fuel!
                              Spoiler:

Clowns are terrifying, no doubt about that. But I guess it's hard for me to look past the silliness of the movie, because I tend to be a bit nit-picky when it comes to scary movies. -And it may also be because I am not the biggest fan of Stephen King movies, other than The Shining and The Mist. ^^'..
                              sigpic

Comment

The Mist is something I need to see at some point, from its clear connections to other horror media I enjoy. The Shining is definitely one of my top 3 horror movies.

I may need to rewatch IT to get an idea of its effect nowadays. As for the book, well it's a mixed bag. Some parts are deeply unsettling, others are completely unnecessary, others will leave your head full of fuck. Stephen King has problems structuring and pacing a good amount of his novels, but again there are usually fascinating or frightening ideas which come out of them. For a recent adaptation I'd recommend 1408 (and the audiobook), it's essentially a micro version of The Shining but done better than it should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X