The "Weird Dream You Had Last Night" Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
    If you'd watched the X Files you'd know what I meant. And if you stopped reading there and aren't going to post anything of worth, don't post at all, simple!
    Last summer I watched all 9 seasons of the X Files. And I was trying to be funny, though I see that "trying" seems to be the key word...
    Fission mailed.

Comment

If you want to be funny, find a relevant X Files picture and post it in here. That's what most of this topic is after all, haha.

Comment

Damn! I must admit that I am still pretty shocked at my dream last night.

It was all about me and a friend of mine looking for some "Cult's" hidden base, that cult had disappeared years ago (for what I understand) and we found the "underground" facilities, I said "underground" because the sky was there only pitch black! the facilities looked like some kind of unfinished building with no furniture or well, anything! not even painting just plain concrete, it was huge! and as dark as it gets! so we turned on the flashlights and went exploring, after a while we heard someone coming our way, we ran the other way but is was too late! It was a girl and a guy that looked just like normal people but they keep mumbling things I could not understand then we realized they were some kind of ghost (they were dead) I don't remember how we found out, but my friend told me to keep repeating some kind of spell to keep them away.

As we walked they were following us but unable to get close as long as we keep repeating the spell, then before we knew we were completely surrounded by them! all of them mumbling the same weird thing and we repeating the "spell" to keep them away, we finally arrived to a huge door and when we opened it, on the other side there was an UTOPIA! a futuristic utopia! it was daytime and there was trees and small places that looked like "stores" of some kind it was like a fair, and the people that was following us were no longer there, but there was this big color man on a white suit, his hair was silver and he had a white beard, he was like a guide but he was way too friendly, he was treating us (by now I was there with 4 of my friends for some reason) like we where the most important guys on the world, he showed us all the "stores" they all had awesome things but there was this one that was empty, and it looked just like the creepy place we were before, only it was just a small dark room, he looked troubled as I walked by and asked me to stay away from that place, then my friend called me to check on something he found (one of the stores that had some awesome thing that I can not remember) and I went to check it out and the color man seemed very pleased he was standing outside like guarding the door, then I told my friend that something was very wrong, we went outside and the color man was grining at us saying "Seems like darkness its coming..." (man! I got the shivers when I remember that!) just as he finished that line it started to get dark, and me and my friends started to panic! we tried to look for an exit but the color man followed us wherever we went (by walking slowly) and he told us "why do you want to leave?, you can be whatever you want here, you can do whatever you want here, try flying" and just like that I was flying unable to control my actions, my friend started dancing and my other 3 friends, 2 of them started making out the other was just holding his head while sitting like in pain, I started screaming "let us go!" but he just keep laughing finally I was able to get down and started to run towards a white door that had a strange symbol on it, the color man made a high pitch noise and he tried to run to stop me but it was to late, I made it out and I was at home (at least that's what it looked like) so I went out to see my neighborhood and there was nobody there, I started walking and finally people started to walk by, but there was something wrong, they were all different colors! like blue, and green, and red, and some had very weird (mutant or alien like) bodies, I said to myself, "well better this than the other place", I took a bike and tried to go to the place were we dug to find the "cult's facility" but it was a construction site, the men in there were building a Zoo with very weird creatures, that's when I woke up.

Long story I know, sorry...
        Last edited by Heero Yui; 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I had a weird dream that I do often get...

Vampire type things, they look normal but instead of turning you into a vampire - the first bite actually turns you into some sort of zombie servant that can further spread the infection or just lay there, pretend to be injured until some good samaritain comes over to help and the vampire-thing shows up and decides to have some lunch.

But essentially they degenerate into zombies, so depending as to whether or not they've been bitten multiple times or have a weaker immune system changes how long it takes for them to become zombies. If drained completely of blood, there's a chance of becoming a vampire like it but it also depends as to whether or not your body could cope with it as the pathogen may have become weaker from a carrier a while away from the origin of it.

Serves me right for falling asleep re-reading both manga called "Emerging" and "Manhole", I suppose. ;
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 11-06-2011, 10:07 PM.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Woow I wish my dreams were THAT logical! I mostly have random dreams! Some of them get REAAAALLLY random and just plain silly XD

Comment

That actually sounds like a good premise for a movie, Enetirnel.

I had a really weird dream last night: I dreamed that I was with a group of friends though I was not myself and I didn't know the other people. I can't really remember what we were talking about, but out of no where one of the friends shedded his skin and became Satan. It scared me briefly; mainly because of the shock of someone just shedding their skin. Once I realized who it was, I was like "Oh, it is just Satan," and we resumed our conversation.

I looked up the symbolism of Satan in dreams and it said that he generally means that there is a lot of negativity in your life and that you are seeing yourself as being tempted by things. Honestly, my life has finally started turning around. I got a new job, and will be getting a new car in roughly two weeks. The only thing in my life right now that I deem to be "negative" is a friendship I am having trouble maintaining that I would like to keep, but I still don't believe this one instance is outweighing all other things in my life.

I cannot stand religion in the least, but it seems to find its way into my dreams a fair amount. One time I was talking to Jesus and told him flat out that I didn't believe in him. He just smiled back at me and said that it didn't matter because he believed in me. And no, I don't believe I'm subconciously wanting to be a Christain; I loathe what religion is these days.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post

I had a really weird dream last night: I dreamed that I was with a group of friends though I was not myself and I didn't know the other people. I can't really remember what we were talking about, but out of no where one of the friends shedded his skin and became Satan. It scared me briefly; mainly because of the shock of someone just shedding their skin. Once I realized who it was, I was like "Oh, it is just Satan," and we resumed our conversation.

I looked up the symbolism of Satan in dreams and it said that he generally means that there is a lot of negativity in your life and that you are seeing yourself as being tempted by things. Honestly, my life has finally started turning around. I got a new job, and will be getting a new car in roughly two weeks. The only thing in my life right now that I deem to be "negative" is a friendship I am having trouble maintaining that I would like to keep, but I still don't believe this one instance is outweighing all other things in my life.

I cannot stand religion in the least, but it seems to find its way into my dreams a fair amount. One time I was talking to Jesus and told him flat out that I didn't believe in him. He just smiled back at me and said that it didn't matter because he believed in me. And no, I don't believe I'm subconciously wanting to be a Christain; I loathe what religion is these days.
                Wow! That is truly fascinating, thanks for sharing that. As someone who does believe in God, I totally see these dreams as God reaching out to you. Especially the dream with Jesus. "One time I was talking to Jesus and told him flat out that I didn't believe in him. He just smiled back at me and said that it didn't matter because he believed in me." What a profound statement! Gave me goosebumps! Have you ever considered that these dreams are God's way of reaching out to you?

And on another note, I hate religion too, and so does God, believe or not. The Bible has many a statement against religion. Christianity is not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, mainstream Christianity gives the impression of anything but. You should look into non-denominational Christian churches/pastors. You'd be surprised how polar it is to how most "religions" operate. I'd be more than happy to recommend websites. *coughcoughmysignaturecoughcough* ;)
                Last edited by PracticalAl; 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PracticalAl View Post
                  Wow! That is truly fascinating, thanks for sharing that. As someone who does believe in God, I totally see these dreams as God reaching out to you. Especially the dream with Jesus. "One time I was talking to Jesus and told him flat out that I didn't believe in him. He just smiled back at me and said that it didn't matter because he believed in me." What a profound statement! Gave me goosebumps! Have you ever considered that these dreams are God's way of reaching out to you?

And on another note, I hate religion too, and so does God, believe or not. The Bible has many a statement against religion. Christianity is not a religion, it's a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Unfortunately, mainstream Christianity gives the impression of anything but. You should look into non-denominational Christian churches/pastors. You'd be surprised how polar it is to how most "religions" operate. I'd be more than happy to recommend websites. *coughcoughmysignaturecoughcough* ;)
                  I have thought that these could be some sort of divine entity trying to reach out to me, but as a Nihilist, I dismiss it as nothing more than some sort of symbolism breaking out of my subconscious. I've gone through the spectrum of religion going from "sort-of" Christain to atheist to complete nihilist (the belief of nothing existing beyond this life). I believe everything can be explained through some sort of science and that faith results from people not being able to accept the inevitable that once you die, it is done. I see a person as "living beyond this life" with the legacy they leave be it children, the accomplishments they've made, and just the overall mark the person leaves on humanity.

But to be honest, I've pondered the thought of God trying to talk to me before, and came to the conclusion: Of all the people in the world, IF God exists why would he have come to me, someone who has no believe/love for him? Secondly, why would he want me to believe in Jesus when I see Jesus as nothing more than a man that did great things for humanity (IF Jesus was ever real, and I haven't seen anything to make me say "Yes, he is!" or "No, he's not!", I see him as merely a person...NOT the son of God)? It is sort of like one of Christanity's base principles that bother me: The idea of spreading it to those who have not asked for it or possibly do not want it.

Thank you for the recommendations on Christanity, PracticalAl, and anything you post, I will give a look. I keep an open mind to People of Faith, but I cannot bring myself to accept "God/Jesus's Love."

...But still, granted higher powers exist...Why would they come to someone so adamant in not accepting them...Odd, indeed.

P.S. Sorry if something sounds weird; I am leaving work so I don't have time to proof-read or edit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I think Uncharted is on my mind. Yesterday on some forums I was reading on fan ideas for UC4. Some were pretty lame, some were pretty cool (Atlantis of the Sands? Well... Atlantis!)

Last night I had a dream where I was part of the team and it was just UC3, and then something else happened and all of a sudden I was with Lazarevic in a museum, and he was actually being mildly tolerable (a sign of a teeeerrible villain, I know ). Then of course he went bad and betrayed people (I think it was a "we're all trapped unless we help each other" deal), and we escaped. Next thing I know we're on a convoy in what looked like an African savannah, and where we had been on chapter 12 or 13, all of a sudden it was now "-1-" and the title was something like "Jumunándu" or something. Definitely an accent mark for some reason. Anyway so it's actually Elena and I and we fight through people and make it to these flooded ruins (I imagine this is because of all the Atlantis talk on the forums). Not completely underwater, but it's basically half-inundated.

So as we're walking around, Elena realizes there's something about the water that allows us to get down beneath and be able to breathe. Walking across a bridge (not much point, the water is a foot beneath it), and she falls in and sinks to a platform below, and apparently there's something down there that lets her breathe. Anyway, out of nowhere, Satan himself (yeah, the red devil-horned one) shows up and says some stuff, I forget which. But it's sort of like a stalker-style gameplay from here. Trying to do stuff and he'll randomly pop up around you somewhere and attack you. Also he'd shoot fireballs a la (spoilers for UC3) Spoiler:
                    . The only way to send him away was to jump in the water. That's about as far as I got. Oh and Marlowe was in the ruins too. For some reason.

I rarely remember dreams but this one was so vivid. I remember the ruins being so simple yet so pretty, and I can remember it all to great detail... I wish I could draw it out ;_; Send it to ND and be like "So... this. Make a setpiece. UC4. Go for it."
                    Last edited by Canas Renvall; 11-07-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander Ashford View Post
                      Haha, well I'm not too sure about that. It actually crosses over with another one of my dreams which is about a rookie police officer, that seems to be fairly easily distracted until he realizes that he's actually a spirit medium - he gets caught out by a relative of a murdered woman for knowing things not on her personal records or fairly well known to people around her.

Anyway, it crosses over with that this family has moved into town after buying a house from a deceased estate sale. They've got a couple of kids, a baby and an older sister (around about 8-10 years old).

The parents essentially start doing a renovation on the place, the Father ends up going into the crawlspace and meets the former owner of the house whom had become one of the zombie servants to the vampire thing and he eventually vanishes.

The Mother eventually is attacked, but she becomes one of the zombie servants.

The older sibling comes home from school and finds the mother degenerating, drooling and getting ready to take a bite out of her baby brother. The girl ends up having to grab the brother and try and hide in the house but the Mother begins stalking the house looking for them.

Eventually the girl manages to make her way around and stabs the mother, takes the brother and flees.

After hearing a story about the rookie officer, she goes to the police station to say that there's something wrong with their mother and the other officers have laughed it off and dropped her in with the rookie.

But when they go back to the house itself, all they can really find is the house completely locked from the inside, empty with blood trailing all throughout the house.

I can't remember what else happens after that at the moment though.
                      sigpic
                      Non-blurry Signature Version
                      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Had a strange dream last night. I was a British soldier fighting in WWII in the closing days and I remember entering a relationship with a female German soldier, a woman who was in the Wehrmacht for whatever reason. Anyway, my comrades found out and I was hated for it, then time skipped ahead 50 years and I turn up as an old guy in this place to met my old comrades, at which point they forgave me and bought me a drink, then I woke up.

I feel like Cole Phelps.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

I've had a dozen or so dreams about Resident Evil - all involving some variation of the mansion, some of them even involve beta stuff. Though its been awhile since I had those.. keep having a dream recently thats very um.. cumulative, I seem to have it every night like its building towards something. I should really write down what I dream as I forget almost everything about it after a few minutes..

Comment

More like a nightmare. I'd rather have gory torture dreams than emotional ones any day. *Sigh* It was all of my present fears coming true at once. And fuck, I'm tryinng so hard to fight my anxiety problems. And I was ignored, belittled, and finally betrayed by someone I really care about. I don't want ot go into anymore detail, just, fuck this nightmare. ;~;

Comment

As weird as it might sound, I prefer having nightmares than happy dreams. Let's say I have a dream where I get to fuck or make out with this girl I really like or I win at the lottery and become a millionaire just to wake up alone in bed and not even close to rich. It freaking sucks. Now, if I dream about someone I love dying or myself dying and I wake up to have them alive? It's great!

Comment

Funny one this time. It involved Smiley and his brother, haha. For some reason there was an earthquake...and dinosaurs came out of the cracks in the Earth. o__o Kay. So then we were at a school trying to rescue kids(which just entailed moving them to a big janitor's closet) And Smiley insisted we could talk the dinosaurs down. And then, then it was set before he was dating Ene(even though I didn't know him then but whatever) and he was broken hearted because his current girl was a bitch. Well I stormed back and hit her, but she was a robot...so I just dismantled her instead and everything was happy.

No more sweet stuff before sleeping.

Before those ones were a much creepier dream about protecting a kid from the monster in his closet, his fear had come to life and was chasing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X