This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Occupy Wall Street" Riots

A group of unemployed welfare dependent communists and Nazis have taken to the streets in some American cities in a "protest" that is officially sponsored by the American Nazi Party. The protesters haven't made any demands and have no real organization. Many of the people participating in it don't even know why they are there, and are merely there because "they have nothing better to do" and they don't feel like getting a job. I think the protests are absolute bullocks and anti-American. They are just sitting out in their little tents asking for government handouts, meanwhile working people like me are paying for their little excursion. But that's just my two cents, watch the official video by the protesters and share your thoughts on the riot.

Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-22-2011, 08:42 PM.
    Fission mailed.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the people in charge of the world's economy fucked everything up and the only ones afected are middle and lower class citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ununoctium
      I think the protests are absolute bullocks and anti-American.
      No, I think the riots are a good thing. The world is clearly ill and only a small group of people fuck everyone else's up. Capitalism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it needs more regulation and limits so that lower and middle class' don't have to pay for a minority of people making tons of money.

The system needs to change!

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
        No, I think the riots are a good thing. The world is clearly ill and only a small group of people fuck everyone else's up. Capitalism isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it needs more regulation and limits so that lower and middle class' don't have to pay for a minority of people making tons of money.

The system needs to change!
        That's the thing though, in America ANYONE can become rich and successful. All of those people saying "fuck the rich" have no real substance to their argument, they just want to be rich themselves and want to take the rich people's money that they earned and spend it all on their new Blackberry phone or a new car. They want a handout instead of working and earning the things they want, they just want it on a silver platter handed to them by the taxpayers.
        Fission mailed.

Comment

I don't think you understand what's the real problem, here. The problem isn't the rich people. The problem is a particular type of rich people. Those who speculates on disasters or poor conditions to become richer. This is just unacceptable, because the government (which means, in fact, you and me) have to recover all the damage done by these people.

It's one thing to work hard and become rich, it's another thing to become rich because there is poverty.

If nothing is done, soon your government will collapse in favor of just 1% of the population. It's really a hard time for the economy (two crisis in a span of 3 years!), and I guess you don't feel very concern because you're not looking for a job or you don't have one yet considering your age.
          Last edited by Grem; 10-23-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ununoctium View Post
            That's the thing though, in America ANYONE can become rich and successful. All of those people saying "fuck the rich" have no real substance to their argument, they just want to be rich themselves and want to take the rich people's money that they earned and spend it all on their new Blackberry phone or a new car. They want a handout instead of working and earning the things they want, they just want it on a silver platter handed to them by the taxpayers.
            LOL NO.

But good try.

Comment

The vast majority of rich people are rich because there parents were rich, in my experience. It's fairly rare to see some actually manage to win wealth through hard work. And it certainly isn't something everyone can achieve, sadly. Even a small business requires a decent wad of cash, the best of ideas financial backing to put into production. And that's assuming you have the talent to do those things. Hard work simply isn't enough.

Simply put - you want to make money? You need to spend some money.

Comment

A group of unemployed welfare dependent communists and Nazis
                I'd like to point out that these two parties kinda don't see each other eye to eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                  LOL NO.

But good try.
                  The entire idea of America is that anyone can succeed, and anyone can also fail. For instance I'm going to be one of the most influential men in American politics, yet I was born to an extremely poor working class family. Problem, Vogue?

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                  I'd like to point out that these two parties kinda don't see each other eye to eye.
                  They're both far-left and they both absolutely hate capitalism and liberty.
                  Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM.
                  Fission mailed.

Comment

The entire idea of America is that anyone can succeed, and anyone can also fail. For instance I'm going to be one of the most influential men in American politics, yet I was born to an extremely poor working class family. Problem, Vogue?
                    That's a great idea, but it's far from reality. It's bordering on delusion. America is imperfect, and you can sit around all day talking about how it's the land of opportunity, but it really isn't. Not everyone has opportunities and means to become rich, no matter how hard they work.

And good luck on that goal. I honestly hope everything works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vogue_Dirge View Post
                      That's a great idea, but it's far from reality. It's bordering on delusion. America is imperfect, and you can sit around all day talking about how it's the land of opportunity, but it really isn't. Not everyone has opportunities and means to become rich, no matter how hard they work.

And good luck on that goal. I honestly hope everything works out for you.
                      You don't believe that this is a land of opportunity? Mind if I ask why you feel that way?

And thanks, I'll do my best (:
                      Last edited by Ununoctium; 10-23-2011, 03:14 PM.
                      Fission mailed.

Comment

Because, without cash, you tend to lack even the most basic opportunities?

Hell, if you can't pay you don't even have the right to good health. It's one of the reasons I choose to not live in America. I'm terrified that I'd already be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Grem View Post
                          No, I think the riots are a good thing. The world is clearly ill and only a small group of people fuck everyone else's up.

Introduce a little Anarchy and everything becomes...Chaos.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Because, without cash, you tend to lack even the most basic opportunities?

Hell, if you can't pay you don't even have the right to good health. It's one of the reasons I choose to not live in America. I'm terrified that I'd already be dead.
                            So the answer to a select few individuals not having cash is to give them handouts? Instead of them finding jobs like everyone else?
                            Fission mailed.

Comment

Even people with jobs have limited opportunities. Admittedly less limited, but still.

However, no. People shouldn't be given handouts unless absolutely required, and should find work if they can. But someone working as a waitress isn't going to make as much money as Paris Hilton, and won't have the same opportunities.

Not everyone can work though. For example, and completely at random, someone might have a significantly damaged ACL in the left knee, damaged discs in there back leading to loss of sensation, muscle strength, stability and a high level of pain in the right leg and lower back, a trapped nerve in one shoulder and a mental illness would have a heck of a time finding work, 'cos most employers are going to look at the crippled crazy person and not want to know.

And of course, at least over here in the UK, for every job offered they'll be around 300 applicants - so some people may just have real issues getting a job because there's not much work to be had, thanks to bankers who screwed up royally (but still deserve that six figure bonus, of course).

Comment

Working...
                              X