No announcement yet.

The (Un)official Anime Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. I love Ghost in the Shell. Although given my issues, I'll have to wait until the whole thing is out...

Comment

They changed Motoko's voice actress. Apparently even staff members at Production I.G. aren't too happy about that.

Comment

Hate Kusinagis new design...The hair, the eye color, Kusinagi's face looks like they took some of the original animate films design and mixed it in...but it doesn't really work. It feels like an uneven mix.

Comment

I'm not liking Motoko's redesign. She looks like a generic young flat-chested moe girl with a bad wig -- I mean haircut, now. They broke her design by trying to change it, when it didn't really need to be.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            Nice. I love Ghost in the Shell. Although given my issues, I'll have to wait until the whole thing is out...
            This is pretty much same approach I'm taking. I love GitS and I had REALLY hoped they would continue with SAC 3, post Solid State Society events. Hopefully it's still possible given that this is an OVA versus a full season.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            They changed Motoko's voice actress. Apparently even staff members at Production I.G. aren't too happy about that.
            Well, I can understand the change. This is a younger Motoko, and her prosthetic body's projected voice would be of a younger person. In the mythos they explain the processes that are followed when someone is cyberized at a young age. It all fits imo

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Hate Kusinagis new design...The hair, the eye color, Kusinagi's face looks like they took some of the original animate films design and mixed it in...but it doesn't really work. It feels like an uneven mix.
            Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
            I'm not liking Motoko's redesign. She looks like a generic young flat-chested moe girl with a bad wig -- I mean haircut, now. They broke her design by trying to change it, when it didn't really need to be.
            On a personal level, I don't like the design that much, but you have to look at it this way; She wasn't just dumped into her SAC body at birth, she had to go through subsequently developed bodies to mimic human growth. I think it's quite interesting what they seem to be doing with the design, this is Motoko in transit. W.I.P. if you will, she has subtle resemblances to her future self but seems incomplete. She hasn't really discovered herself yet, so why would she look like her more confident, professional future self? It would be weird.

Note for the die hard fans:
            And you can't really accept how Motoko looks in Saito's telling of how they met in South America in 2020-2024, as it was never really proven without a shadow of a doubt in that particular episode that the story was even true. And even if it did happen as told, you can't really use it as an excuse anyhow- The animators just used the same Major, same Batou (Sans haircur) and same Ishikawa as they had been using all along. It was a budget/available time thing, and to the fan it really makes no difference as long as the story is being relayed in an entertaining way.
            Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

I understand she's supposed to be younger, but she ended up looking too young. She looks more like an angsty 16-year old highschooler rather than a young professional. There are ways to make a design look younger, without necessarily altering its... "signature" look. Looking at the cast picture, none of the other characters even went through such a major design overhaul.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

I understand she's supposed to be younger, but she ended up looking too young. She looks more like an angsty 16-year old highschooler rather than a young professional. There are ways to make a design look younger, without necessarily altering its... "signature" look. Looking at the cast picture, none of the other characters even went through such a major design overhaul.
                Well, the other thing you have to consider is the age old saying "More money, more better". xD They're trying to appeal to a newer market that likes this art direction, which sucks deeply, but in my mind they'll always have time to redeem themselves with the SAC timeline. Hopefully. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is the canon, so we can tie this series SOMEWHERE, instead of it floating off in the ether somewhere.
                sigpic

Comment

Uhm, i say:

1) Cowboy Bebop
                  2) Evangelion
                  3) Death Note
                  4) Trigun
                  5) Baccano
                  6) Monster
                  7) GTO
                  8) Dragon Ball
                  9) Saint Seya
                  10) SteinsGate

and many others!

P.S. Devil May Cry anime is not good for me (unfortunatley).
                  Last edited by ProjectNight; 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM.
                  "Project Night" (indie horror game) will be released on January 22, 2015
                  http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rking-Title%29

Comment

Attack On Titan looks like the tits so far.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                      Well, the other thing you have to consider is the age old saying "More money, more better". xD They're trying to appeal to a newer market that likes this art direction, which sucks deeply, but in my mind they'll always have time to redeem themselves with the SAC timeline. Hopefully. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is the canon, so we can tie this series SOMEWHERE, instead of it floating off in the ether somewhere.
                      Yes. You mean to the Japanese pedo- I mean otaku market. They seem to love lapping up this sort of style.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

Yes. You mean to the Japanese pedo- I mean otaku market. They seem to love lapping up this sort of style.
                        Pretty much, yes. xD Which is both very sad for us... and very disturbing for the world. But at least they didn't make the character look as young as the shit that gets doled out on a daily basis over there, they seemed to have kept a sizable shard of dignity.

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
                        Attack On Titan looks like the tits so far.
                        Had to watch the trailer, hadn't heard of it before. Though it doesn't look like my cup of tea (mostly because I have no clue what the hell is going on. xD), Production I.G. does some pretty outstanding work.
                        Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Watching 3 episodes of Attack on Titan had me come to the conclusion that it is the tits.

That and Soul Eater.

Comment

Read the Manga. I'm not sure if the anime will follow the Manga entirely, so you might want to check out the Manga to see how amazing it is.

Comment

Thanks to NewsBot's suggestion, I Just started watching Black Lagoon. After two years having not watched anime, I have to say, it's pretty great so far.

Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-02-2013, 11:36 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Haven't been watching anime for some time now. Last few series I saw were: Kara no Kyokai, fate//stay night, fate//zero, Hellsing Ultimate (re-watched again 'cuz the last episode came out finally"

Kara no kyokai is beautiful.

Short clip from episode 5:

(Lol randomly saw this Resident Evil comment

"This is what happens when Shiki plays Resident Evil.")
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X