• PROTOBOY
    replied
    Anyone here also like Pokemon?

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Learn to love the subtitles.
    You get to enjoy the series as it was intended, and as a bonus you'll learn to pick up Japanese words and phrases the longer you watch.
    ... That's like telling me to love my mother-in-law. The mother-in-law who said my hands look weird and that I dress in the manner of an out of work girdle salesman.

I don't actually have a mother-in-law, but if I did have one like that, it would equate to that. *sigh* I guess I could try it again, but I might look into buying the series even though I hate doing that before reaching a final judgement call. I don't suppose you know of any cheap, out of the way resellers besides the usual places, eh?

(Post-script: I do not, and never have sold girdles...)
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-30-2013, 12:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Learn to love the subtitles.
    You get to enjoy the series as it was intended, and as a bonus you'll learn to pick up Japanese words and phrases the longer you watch.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Wow. Started watching Black Lagoon (as mentioned in my last post) on the Funimation website, watched the first four episodes over the course of a week and then got sidetracked from it until now. Went back, clicked over to the "Episodes 5~9" page and it turns out I have to pay $7.95/month subscription fee to see the rest. Not sure what to do at this point, as streaming it via... "other" sources isn't quite in a legal grey area. Any suggestions?

(Full disclosure, I was watching the Dubbed version. They offer all the episodes Subbed for free, and I gave it a shot... but I just can't do it. XD)
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    More characters survive actually, so you cant compare it to GoT

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied
    Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
    Read the Manga. I'm not sure if the anime will follow the Manga entirely, so you might want to check out the Manga to see how amazing it is.
    After watching episode 5, I think I can wait. Besides, it's becoming more like the Game of Thrones/Walking Dead in the East, especially watching those reactions to ending.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Haven't been watching anime for some time now. Last few series I saw were: Kara no Kyokai, fate//stay night, fate//zero, Hellsing Ultimate (re-watched again 'cuz the last episode came out finally"

Kara no kyokai is beautiful.

Short clip from episode 5:

(Lol randomly saw this Resident Evil comment

"This is what happens when Shiki plays Resident Evil.")
    Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2013, 03:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Thanks to NewsBot's suggestion, I Just started watching Black Lagoon. After two years having not watched anime, I have to say, it's pretty great so far.

Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 06-02-2013, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wrathborne
    replied
    Read the Manga. I'm not sure if the anime will follow the Manga entirely, so you might want to check out the Manga to see how amazing it is.

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied

Watching 3 episodes of Attack on Titan had me come to the conclusion that it is the tits.

That and Soul Eater.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Yes. You mean to the Japanese pedo- I mean otaku market. They seem to love lapping up this sort of style.
    Pretty much, yes. xD Which is both very sad for us... and very disturbing for the world. But at least they didn't make the character look as young as the shit that gets doled out on a daily basis over there, they seemed to have kept a sizable shard of dignity.

Originally posted by BBboy20 View Post
    Attack On Titan looks like the tits so far.
    Had to watch the trailer, hadn't heard of it before. Though it doesn't look like my cup of tea (mostly because I have no clue what the hell is going on. xD), Production I.G. does some pretty outstanding work.
    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• biohazard_star
    replied
    Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
    Well, the other thing you have to consider is the age old saying "More money, more better". xD They're trying to appeal to a newer market that likes this art direction, which sucks deeply, but in my mind they'll always have time to redeem themselves with the SAC timeline. Hopefully. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is the canon, so we can tie this series SOMEWHERE, instead of it floating off in the ether somewhere.
    Yes. You mean to the Japanese pedo- I mean otaku market. They seem to love lapping up this sort of style.

Leave a comment:

• BBboy20
    replied
    Attack On Titan looks like the tits so far.

Leave a comment:

• ProjectNight
    replied
    Uhm, i say:

1) Cowboy Bebop
    2) Evangelion
    3) Death Note
    4) Trigun
    5) Baccano
    6) Monster
    7) GTO
    8) Dragon Ball
    9) Saint Seya
    10) SteinsGate

and many others!

P.S. Devil May Cry anime is not good for me (unfortunatley).
    Last edited by ProjectNight; 03-20-2013, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AsteroidBlues
    replied
    Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
    I understand she's supposed to be younger, but she ended up looking too young. She looks more like an angsty 16-year old highschooler rather than a young professional. There are ways to make a design look younger, without necessarily altering its... "signature" look. Looking at the cast picture, none of the other characters even went through such a major design overhaul.
    Well, the other thing you have to consider is the age old saying "More money, more better". xD They're trying to appeal to a newer market that likes this art direction, which sucks deeply, but in my mind they'll always have time to redeem themselves with the SAC timeline. Hopefully. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is the canon, so we can tie this series SOMEWHERE, instead of it floating off in the ether somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X