PROMETHEUS REACTION, OPEN DISCUSSION WITH SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
    Still, he did all the editing and filming.
    No, he didnt do the editing. Hes just the director, while he may have had some say in the editing, ultimately its Fox who is control.
    You dont know much about the Hollywood system dude, stop speculating.

Comment

Hasn't Rothman gone on board and said that Ridley was very much left to his own devices for Prometheus and that no impact on Fox's part was made for the film? I think the only think Rothman insisted was that it abandoned any potential link with the name, hence Prometheus (ignore what Lindelof says, it was Rothman's call to name it Prometheus).
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, when they say a director is left to his own devices...Thats never true. That does mean hes given much more freedom than usual, but he still has to answer to the suits, stick to their schedule, and let them continue to 'manage' things.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          No, he didnt do the editing.
          Since you're that affirmative, I want a proof. Including for his other movies.

Comment

Since you're that affirmative, I want a proof. Including for his other movies.
            You must be new to the internet, there is a WONDERFUL website called, www.imdb.com that has all kind sof facinating facts about the film industry, including just about all the credits of hollywood in its 100+ year history.

Here is his imdb profile.

You will notice no credits listed for editing.

The only thing close to editing here is that hes the father of the 'directors cut'. Which means he had a little extra footage he wanted the audience to see as it answered a few questions, but its only on 3 films (4 now that Prometheus has been confirmed).

If it was listed that he has 'Finale cut' then I'd agree with you, but he doesn't. Few directors get the 'final cut' option as Studios HATE to give that freedom to them. Studios are about money, directors are usually about art.
            Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-12-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I'm sad i'm somewhat alone in my love for this movie but it's now making money - it's now profitable, which if nothing else is a victory for R rated sci-fi.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

R rated Scifi...dying a slow death since Resident Evil came out in 2002.

Comment

But still he decides about which scenes are cut out or kept. He said that he shortened the fight between Shaw and the engineer because it made him look too weak (like if a 2 seconds scene followed by a quick death is any better...). So if he decides to remove some material that makes the film ultimately faster paced/incoherent, that part's on him.

Of course there are time and age constraints, but you can't compare a Ridley Scott movie to what a Fincher had to endure with Alien 3. He has much more freedom, and the sole fact that he heavily influenced the script itself shows that. Without Ridley, no Prometheus. That's HIS movie, not a script imposed on him.

And if FOX hadn't screwed things up like they usually always do, he would have also probably done an Alien 5. But the AvP movies happened.

Comment

I think it's best to go into this not expecting an Alien prequel, it's not intended to be an immediate prequel but more rather the very beginning of that whole canon. We're still about two films away from Alien in my opinion, much to see happen yet.

Leaving this here:

See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      We're still about two films away from Alien in my opinion, much to see happen yet.
                      If that's your opinion, then it's pretty accurate. Because that's exactly what Ridley himself stated

Comment

Too bad that still doesn't make this a GOOD movie.

Comment

But still he decides about which scenes are cut out or kept.
                          ...You really are hurting my head. About 10-15% of stuff in scripts get trimmed out when the film is edited and the director isn't the one who makes that choice. Its the editor who is hired by the studio, who does work on some of the editing with the director but primarily works FOR the studio. The director gets to make a suggestion now and then but 75% or more is done by the editor, who is doing what hes told by the studio.

Here ya go, maybe this will help.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	grasping-at-straws1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	401366

Comment

I'm still waiting for facts when it comes to Ridley Scott.

I still remember you saying my logic fails when I said that Prometheus couldn't be a direct Alien prequel because of what we saw in the various trailers. You've been proven quite the imbecile, so now would be quite a good time to catch up with that.

I can quote interviews of Scott saying why he removed things from his movie (27 minutes), but on your side you just troll as usual and use general formulas that don't apply to all directors. Again, it's like comparing Oranges to Apples.

So if you can't back that up, please just keep that moronic attitude of yours for when you talk to yourself.
                            Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-12-2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Your logic does fail, and now that you've chosen to flame me, I'm gonna just let the mods deal with it.

Comment

What do you expect from your insulting behavior and bashing? Respect and flowers maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X