No announcement yet.

PROMETHEUS REACTION, OPEN DISCUSSION WITH SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using logic and knowledge isn't insulting behavior.

Comment

The way you express it is insulting and childish. I don't call that a mature behavior, it's impossible to have a proper discussion with you if you always jump at people the way you do when you don't agree.

Comment

Only one who is jumping is you dude, just like last time.

Comment

Last time? When you insulted my logic even though you were wrong and had no proper arguments, or when you jumped at my for "spoiling" the movie when I actually didn't say anything about the plot and merely said what Scott had been saying for the past year and a half?

And I jump at you? I just don't let people act like they're the local boss for whatever reason. We're adults, and you owe me as much respect as I owe you. But it doesn't seem to work that way apparently.

Each time the discussion goes smooth, and there you go bashing me for whatever reason when you don't agree. I can't accept that.

Comment

Funny thing, I just watched The Thing 2011, and this movie has been butchered by the studio. And it exactly illustrates my point, filmmakers don't all have the same level of freedom. The young ones are treated like crap by their all-powerful studio that decides everything (just look at Alien 3!), and it's clearly NOT the case with Ridley Scott (anymore). He has a level of freedom that most other filmmakers don't have when it comes to the script, editing and all these things.

So yeah, I was thinking about Scott after watching the movie. And I just saw this article, and I quote this:

“The thing that we all have to remember is that it is first and foremost a studio property. There is a trend, and it’s been a trend for a while, where young filmmakers get an opportunity to work on major studio films. The drawback is that they don’t have nearly the authority of someone like Ridley Scott. And their vision going into the project may end up being very different from what the final cut is.”
            Perfectly illustrates what I was saying, and it even cites Ridley Scott as an example. So my point is, when it comes to Prometheus, Ridley Scott decides about mostly everything. Until I am proven wrong with some article, quotes, and some other materials considered as evidence, I won't change my mind about that.

This guy has a level of freedom that most other filmmakers don't have.

Comment

We've become better at making trailers, worse at making films.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Better at making trailers that spoil the whole movies a few months in advance...

Comment

I can't believe I didn't realise this until now but I understand the significance of David in Prometheus. His name begins with D.
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                    Sadly I can't find it anymore, but you can see its final form in the artbook. If I find the gif I'll post a comparison.

edit: Ah well in fact it was also in the link you posted:

You can't see his face, but check his arms.
                    Well I think this prototype with longer limbs is definitely better/creepier looking, which is why it's kinda puzzling why would they abandon that concept. It should be the more alienish - the better!
                    Last edited by MiLØ; 06-12-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      His name begins with D.
                      Ash, Bishop, Call, David...

Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                      Well I think this prototype with longer limbs is definitely better/creepier looking, which is why it's kinda puzzling why would they abandon that concept. It should be the more alienish - the better!
                      Definitely, and his head was probably Alienish, just like in the concept arts. I really can't understand why they would finally change their mind and use him as some kind of overpowered zombie...
                      Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-13-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

• Imagine if the next synthetic character was called Ellen.
                        See you in hell.

Comment

• Some pics:

Comment

• See you in hell.

Comment

• Can't unsee.

Comment

• Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                                I'm sad i'm somewhat alone in my love for this movie but it's now making money - it's now profitable, which if nothing else is a victory for R rated sci-fi.

Is an R rating the equivelant of a 15 in the uk then? to be honest i was really hoping this film would be an 18, like the older films, even though they wouldnt actually be rated so high these days. Unfortunately i realise we dont get many 18's these days is because they dont sell any more

Comment

Working...
                                X