Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bot
    replied
    Updated the site FAQ with a bit on this.

Also, thanks to Vito for helping out with the process of putting the pseudo-official translation into the articles.

Leave a comment:

• Beanovsky Durst
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    What I need now are opinions on how to deal with:

1) Very short files.
    2) Files where there are very few differences.

Just keep going with adding the Official English Transcript (Inaccurate) thing?
    1) Well I would keep them for completion's sake.
    2) I think if the differences are minimal and don't affect the original idea of the japanese files you could add the translations without the "inacurrate" tag.

Of course, do whatever is easier for you NB. Just my two cents... So far I think it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by Vito View Post
    Well yes make that standard, I can help you out NB so that you don't waste a lot of time.
    That would be great. Anyone can edit the articles to add the transcripts.

Leave a comment:

• [STARS]TyranT
    replied
    Yeah that's great, looking good.

Leave a comment:

• Vito
    replied
    Well yes make that standard, I can help you out NB so that you don't waste a lot of time.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    What I need now are opinions on how to deal with:

1) Very short files.
    2) Files where there are very few differences.

Just keep going with adding the Official English Transcript (Inaccurate) thing?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Just put a disclaimer on this page and it should be good, perhaps write a few paragraphs on why you started this project, why the old translations were wrong and what people should expect when reading the documents. Seems the appropriate place to do it.

Leave a comment:

• ValentineLover
    replied
    Perfect. Add the reason the reason to the FAQ page and you're set

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    They inspired me to do my own because they make a mess of the plot, though. Not exactly a redeeming quality.
    Very true lol. I think to include the official translations would kind of complete the project as that was the whole the whole point of the project in the first place.

Yeah that looks good to me! Do you have a main page detailing what you've been doing and why you've done it? As long as people know what's what there should be no confusion.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Originally posted by geluda View Post
    There's no point in ommiting them, it is because of these translations that inspired you to do your own.
    They inspired me to do my own because they make a mess of the plot, though. Not exactly a redeeming quality.

Here's another example: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...eration-Method

Is that alright?
    Last edited by News Bot; 08-19-2012, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There's no point in ommiting them, it is because of these translations that inspired you to do your own.

Leave a comment:

• ValentineLover
    replied
    Yeah. You could add the "(Inaccurate)" too, sounds better than "incorrect"
    Last edited by ValentineLover; 08-19-2012, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Guess that's that then. I have to find a way to explicitly make it clear that the official translations are nonsense and shouldn't be taken seriously despite being technically "official", lest we defeat the entire purpose of including them to show how blatantly trash they are and people end up taking them as gospel.

I'll also finish up an editorial focusing on the mistranslated files using the biggest offenders from each game as examples. Then another editorial focusing on mistranslations within the dialogue of each game will be done.

Leave a comment:

• Archelon
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Here is an example on the site itself. There are some pretty noticeable differences to observe. Should this be the standard format?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X