Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if Capcom axed the current RE6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot RE 2.5 , RE 0.5 , RE 4.5 & RE:CV.5 Lol , But No they won't simply because they started developing RE6 when RE5 Was first released , long time has been spent on development , and RE6 is maybe 95% Complete only month and half left for release , Many trailers , screenshots , and gameplay's were released , Xbox 360 Demo , PS3 Demo this month , it was playable in E3 / SDCC / GC .... And soo pre-orders and many other obvious things ...

All the other betas or most of them had few trailers and gameplay's released and some were not even public , there weren't any playable Demos ....
    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
    ^ Lol ...

Comment

Never gonna happen, the difference between the industry back in the day compared to now is a whole different ball game. Resident Evil 6 is basically done with a lot of money already splashed out on over 600 developers and counting.

RE6 looks fantastic in story and the new gameplay mechanics, enemy designs and characters, if your still wanting a pre-rendered, tank controlled RE then take the stick out of your arse and realize you don't know shit how the industry works or how to sell a product with such a large name as the RE franchise in todays industry.

Why do you think even highly praised new comers such as Dead Space even has co-op in it's latest installment? Dead Space stole the hearts of horror fans but yet it now has co-op universal ammo pickups and enemies with firearms.

We are small fish in the ocean of gamers people.
      Last edited by shanemurphy; 08-21-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Totally laugh.

Comment

I wouldn't care if it happened since I have Revelations. Whereas Revelations surprisingly makes an effort to take things back in the right direction, RE6 looks to be straying further away. Hopefully that isn't the case though. I just want more RE's on 3DS and i'm happy. RE6 doesn't look nearly as good.

I liked RE5 and ORC before but now Revelations has basically 'spoiled' me back in RE's roots. If I can get a copy of RE6 for $30, maybe $40 i'll still probably give it a try. But for $50-$60 retail heck no.
          sigpic

Comment

Not chance of that now.

Capcom Unity just announced Resident Evil 6 has gone gold! It's finished!
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
              I would throw a party on my house.
              Speaking seriously, I don't care. After RE6, if the game is another RE5, I'll abandon the series.
              That's funny, I had the same plan in mind...

RE6 is the last chance I am giving the series (with the obvious exception of a certain unreleased beta).
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 08-21-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                Not chance of that now.

Capcom Unity just announced Resident Evil 6 has gone gold! It's finished!
                not the pc one... ehehe so sad.

its incredible that we finally see a point in which the game follows the same scheme of the paul anderson's movie.
                Last edited by yurieu; 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Make a "Petition to release 5.5" thread.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

^lol

Anyways, if they had canceled after the initial trailer I would've been upset. If they cancel it now? I'd go cry for a week straight. The game is shaping up to be amazing and quite possibly my new favorite in the series and I've been playing since shortly before part two was released. October 2nd can't come soon enough. I already have it payed for and I'm going to be waiting in line for the midnight release and (hopefully) have a day off of work the next day so I can sit down and enjoy it with my son (possibly sons, my second is due October 8th) and wife.

Comment

I'd shrug and move on since it wouldn't affect my life much. However, that said, this is my favorite gaming franchise, games are my favorite past time, and this particular RE game is looking great the way it is... so I'd be bummed.

So glad it's gone Gold. 6 weeks!

Comment

I'd probably laugh then be pissed off right after. I think it looks great personally. Luckily, Capcom-Unity already announced that it's finished, now they're just going through the manufacturing process, so there's no way this can happen now.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                          Never gonna happen, the difference between the industry back in the day compared to now is a whole different ball game. Resident Evil 6 is basically done with a lot of money already splashed out on over 600 developers and counting.
                          This is not about the obvious, this is a hypothetical question (no matter how unrealistic).

RE6 looks fantastic in story and the new gameplay mechanics, enemy designs and characters, if your still wanting a pre-rendered, tank controlled RE then take the stick out of your arse and realize you don't know shit how the industry works or how to sell a product with such a large name as the RE franchise in todays industry.

Why do you think even highly praised new comers such as Dead Space even has co-op in it's latest installment? Dead Space stole the hearts of horror fans but yet it now has co-op universal ammo pickups and enemies with firearms.

We are small fish in the ocean of gamers people.
                          I and everyone else should understand that the series definitely needed to move on, advance into a new era if you will. Doing what RE4 did by turning a once graceful survival horror series into a lowest common denominator action romp was a bad move for allot of us veterans of the series though. Capcom were simply just too afraid to continue with the survival horror staple, RE4 was make-or-break time and they needed it to be successful so they took the safe route. RE3.5 in my eyes was the way to evolve the series, it retained that survival horror theme with a greatly needed new style of control and full real-time rendered environments.

For people who say survival horror doesn't work these days, take a look at DayZ. A game that is not even a game of it's own, but just a mod in alpha, yet it has put sales of Arma II (the full game required to play it) sky high. DayZ is what I like to imagine a Resident Evil game today could have been like if they kept the survival horror theme intact.
                          Last edited by Vixtro; 08-22-2012, 03:14 AM.

Comment

But if RE did take the DayZ route it would have strayed even further away from it's roots then even RE5 resulting in a even worse fan split, I don't think Capcom played it safe with RE4 afterall RE4 is known to not only evolve the series but also evolve video games and that is not done by playing it safe.

Call of Duty now THAT is a perfect example of playing it safe.

Comment

It's too late now. RE 6 has gone gold.
                              sigpic

Comment

You remind me of those babies on Youtube who have no idea what they are talking about and go mental as soon as someone disagrees with them. We understand that you like this game even though you havent even played it yet and you will go out of your way to defend it all day long. Please stop it though its getting annoying and the more you stick up for it the less I want to like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X