Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Voting for RE2/RE3 Remake] Capcom needs our opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no remakes please. all the games were re interpreted 2 times at least, and ported to the new generation.

they should go back, turn the old 96's white pcs on and re encode the background without compression, as well as the sound.

force some anti aliasing by hardware, improve the framerate, and its done, dont forget to release to the pc dudes.

but i really want they release some kind of an unreleased compilation, with RE0 n64, RE1.5, RE 3.5 they way they are(dont tell me they gave Alt+Del on them), and let the customer choose which one he wants, or the entire bundle. not to forget to release to all platforms and adapting the controls.

Comment

Damn. That's a lot of bitching, whining, and bawwwwing for one thread. I support ya Andy, and don't let any of these soulless bastards get you down. xD

(I would post a GIF of someone playing a violin for the rest of the whiners, but its just too small to see )
      sigpic

Comment

Apparently there once was an article/interview which mentioned the following:

Originally posted by http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resident-evil-5_0_7
        http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/resident-evil-5_0_7

Happily, he also says he would personally be up for going back and remaking some of the older Resident Evil classics, given the opportunity: "If we had the chance to go back and remake Resident Evil 2...you know, I think there is the demand for it. It's certainly something we would like to consider and think about, but, quite frankly our hands are full with Resident Evil 5 right now, and trying to get that out of the door, so we're going to have to put all of our focus on Resident Evil 5 for the moment." Get the online petition started now.

But apparently that was back in 2008... and now it's 2012...
        Last edited by please_REboot; 08-26-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Capcom don't listen to their fans, they like to pretend they do but they don't.

Comment

Capcom listen to the fans but they have to make decisions that benefit the company and their profit.

RE6 has Zombies back which the fans wanted and Leon's scenario is very old style driven. But in a perfect world and years ago that would have been the whole package but because there are more action horror fans and more profit to get that is why RE6 also has it's share of action.

The talent at Capcom are probably busting to make a Remake of RE2 but the profit for the actual company would take a hit.
            I still believe that Operation Raccoon City was Capcom's way of trying to make a new online RE to appease the Outbreak fans but also bring in the action loving gamers.

In a strange way it has been Resident Evil's success that has dragged it away from Survival Horror more then anything else.

Comment

Capcom listen to the money, not the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                Capcom listen to the money, not the fans.
                True.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                  True.
                  This x10. Just look at MvC3 editions, locked DLC content, and Mega Man Legends 3.
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    I only support remakes if they are done in the same style as REmake. Modern Capcom would most likely try to redo the games in RE4 style.
                    They'll most likely do it RE5 style, not REmake.

RE4 is outdated.

Comment

How about RE2 and RE3 merged into one long game with several chapters?

What if a second player could play through the B Scenario whilst the first player simultaneously plays through the main campaign?

I'm sure Capcom will revisit these eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post

What if a second player could play through the B Scenario whilst the first player simultaneously plays through the main campaign?

hm....

you mean, online double coop with one dude on A and another on B? I like the idea, never thought in this... but they wold have to reinvent many puzzles, like unlocking rooms, replace the items like plugs/stones...

this idea is awesome but a game i dont know... not without paul haddad!!!!

Comment

RE4 and RE5 Style are not bad , lack of horror made em bad , RE4 is better than RE5.
                          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            RE5 ya mean.
                            No, I didn't make any mistake in saying RE4.

To be perfectly honest, I don't understand how people who love RE4 can hate RE5, they're basically the same games when it comes down to the core.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post

That reminds a bit of what apparently was mentioned in the following interview:

Originally posted by http://www.projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhisa-Kawamura-Interview-Project-Umbrella

Q4) Do you have any examples of things you wanted to include in the scenario that were either unable to be put in, or were cut?

Well, I did toy with the idea of adding a mode where the player could control a zombified Brad Vickers in the game, but that had to be scrapped due to excessive cost.

With regards to the scenario, upon creating BIOHAZARD 3 I made a decision to reinterpret the plot line of BIOHAZARD 2, and created a background story where Dr. William Birkin gradually fell out of favor with the Chicago branch of Umbrella Corp. Fearing assassination, he holes up in the biohazard conditions of Raccoon City and plots an "escape" to the safety and protection of the United States government. To tie the story closer with the previous games, I wanted to have Jill infiltrate Umbrella Corp's laboratory from BIOHAZARD 2 and cross paths with Leon, Ada and Dr. Birkin, but had to give up, as it would end up affecting the original plot too much.

I once had the opportunity to read a (CAPCOM supervised) Chinese comic version of BIOHAZARD 3 and found that the author added many exciting twists to the original plot. For example, Leon and Carlos team up to recover the vaccines from the hospital and an intense fight breaks out between Nemesis and G, with Tyrant joining in the fray. I have to say the author did a superb job in capturing and augmenting the excitement of the game.

Last edited by please_REboot; 08-27-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Anyone who trusts CAPCOM to be able to create a faithful remake in their post-2004 state is exceedingly naive.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X