Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Voting for RE2/RE3 Remake] Capcom needs our opinion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really think we cannot reach something like pre rendered in a 3d real time render. to have that level of detail(obviously with newest technologies too) in a real-time HD render, we must use a heavy engine running in a 3.000 US$ high end pc, but we still will need super samples of anti aliasing, in order the scenario not not to start flickering.

they should use the prerendered trick to relieve the poor customer's hardware.

i never played lost in nightmares, but the RE5 is not better than remake and zero.

actually, i played that "brain matter" pre rendered game, and even in 1080p it still outdated(maybe because its a indie game?), so , we should wait for next gen to see if it will beat RE remake and zero's graphics.

Comment

Not even next gen will provide that, Unreal Engine 4 looks fantastic but it still does not compare to pre rendered scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
        Not even next gen will provide that, Unreal Engine 4 looks fantastic but it still does not compare to pre rendered scenes.
        wow, i must agree. if we could totally get rid of the scenario's flickering from lack of antialiasing, we would need 8x samples and even supersampling AA, which is heavy as hell, only high end gpus from 400~1000 US$ can handle that. i cannot expect this from a 300 console. the next gen is a great mistery.

but, if we have crappy rail shooters, why be so ungrateful and forget the pre rendered? they should give it a try.

Comment

Pre-Rendered Backgrounds sucks , and Capcom not going back for them ever , heres why :
          1- Fake Areas , just some static layers of backgrounds , even stereoscopic 3D Effect wont work for them.
          2- Clipping and layer issues again , not so realistic.
          3- Capcom used this for RE1-3 Because the PSX Had limits and it would have looked as ugly as Survivor.
          4- REmake used them becuase of the age it was made in and to get great graphic quality at that time.
          5- RE4 Done something even better than REmake.
          6- Code Veronica used real time 3D and it was Nice.
          7- Pre-rendered backgrounds doesn't give you camera freedom , but if it was real time , you can have more than one Camera Type : "Classic , Modern , Classic + Modern 3.5 stlye"
          8- RE5 Looks great , very much realistic but the game itself lacks horror , scares and puzzles , it's not about game-play style ....
          9- RE3 Can be remade in full 3D For current gen while looking stunning , what do you want more ?
          Last edited by Mrox2; 08-30-2012, 03:22 AM.
          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
            Pre-Rendered Backgrounds sucks
            I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, sir.

My idea of rendering the old background files in real-time was just a pie-in-the-sky idea I definitely prefer static pre-rendered images.

Assuming that these 3D environments for RE2 and RE3 still exist, and higher-resolution renders/captures can be made, couldn't the developers capture them at the wider 16x9 aspect ratio? I suppose it might require a slight repositioning of movement boundaries for some areas, but that's easy enough. This would allow players to see sections of the environments never before seen, let alone in 1920x1080 resolution. Could you imagine just how beautiful the backgrounds would look? It would be awesome if they applied this process for REmake and Zero as well.

Comment

Just came across this:

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says Capcom not working on remake of 1998 action game currently, but if fans call for it, project may be considered; PC version announcements coming soon.

Comment

Every two or so years the spotlighted producer says that an RE2 remake can happen. There's about as much chance now as there was yesterday, before this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by please_REboot View Post
                  Just came across this:

Producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi says Capcom not working on remake of 1998 action game currently, but if fans call for it, project may be considered; PC version announcements coming soon.

Just came here to post this.

Certainly promising news.
                  If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by please_REboot View Post
                    Just came across this:

Wow, now I'm sure they will destroy RE completely.

Comment

aw, its the second time i hear this. and " if fans really support this"= go buy RE6!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                        PS4 ??? XBOX 720 ? Not Happening ,Why people still want NEW CONSOLES ? OUR CONSOLE DIDNT LIVE JUST A FEW YEARS ?! AND THEY ARE GOOD ! GTA V IS LOOKING ALMOST REAL AND ITS COMING TO PS3 + 360 !
                        No i don't want this to happen.
                        this generation has gone on long enough. 7 years, compared to last gen which was 6. yeah, this generation has dragged on long enough. its almost as bad as going from XP to Win7.
                        Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                          Every two or so years the spotlighted producer says that an RE2 remake can happen. There's about as much chance now as there was yesterday, before this quote.
                          I don't think it will ever happen, either. The developer is just trying to string the old school fans along to keep them interested in the series, since the gameplay doesn't do it for a lot of fans anymore.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Remember they said the same thing when Darkside Chronicles came out, people...

Comment

Fine with Re 2 the way it is now..

Comment

Working...
                              X