Biohazard Chronicles Hd Selection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard Chronicles Hd Selection Problems

After alot messing about with the postoffice over the customers charges I finally got my copy posted all the way from Japan. Cost me £32 for the game and £13 customs charge. So I finally put the disc in and after a long time installing the game is ready. I notice that it has copied the game to my PS3! Check the information and its nearly 5GB. The main reason I bought this on disc was to save space on my PS. If I knew this I would have just bought it from the PS store. I got two little books called Weskers Report Extra which are BOTH in Japanese. The game setup like press strart at the main screen was all in Japanese however the main game is in English and the voices thank god.

What a waste on money though I should have paid the £20 and got them from the PS store I paid double the price for the disk and it doesnt even run off the disk. You have to insert the disc to play the game but why install the game on my hardrive? Wouldnt recomend it for anyone else who is thinking of buying it unless you want it in your collection just buy it from the store.

This Wesker extra report thing is Weskers Report 2 right? If I scan it does anyone want to have a look over it? It has some pictures and stuff but nothing special. I am also curious why they are in 2 seperate books, why not print it all into 1. Thats why when I first saw them I thought one in Japanese one in English sweet! Nah both in Japanese.

Easy mistake to make, but at least the packaging is nice?

As for the report: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...s-Extra-Report
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
      Easy mistake to make, but at least the packaging is nice?

As for the report: http://projectumbrella.net/articles/...s-Extra-Report
      Yeah a constly one though. Its very weird half the stuff is English and the other half Japanese. Like it says Weapon Customize and then you click on it and instead of Shotgun level 1 its in Japanese. Same with the files its called Archieves and when you unlock a new one it says New and Exit to finish reading the file but the rest is in Japanese. Strange.

Has anyone noticed how much easier it is to pull of headshots now? I had more headshots in my first chapter than I did in the entire game on the Wii.

Yeah it looks very nice but shame I cant understand most of it lol.

I had a better look at the Weskers Extra Report books and they are both exactly the same? Why? Is it a mistake or what? Why give me a double? This pisses me off would it be so hard to have one for English I mean half the game is English so why not??!! Very strange collection.
      Last edited by CrimsonElder; 08-29-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Most Japanese games have some minor English in them, it's nothing out of the ordinary. As for the two books, sounds like a mistake if they are the exact same.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          Most Japanese games have some minor English in them, it's nothing out of the ordinary. As for the two books, sounds like a mistake if they are the exact same.
          So has anyone else bought this? Do you have 2 books?

Comment

The RE4/CVX HD Collection was the same, I imported the disc from japan and all it did was install the games the entirely to the hardrive, then just uses the disc like a DRM key and doesn't use it to run the game at all.

Basically PSN games to install from a disc.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Welcome to the wonders of the PS3's slow BluRay drive vs games optimized for running from HDD ;D
              (Trivia; I can't find any specs now, but if memory serves me right - even the Wii's DVD ROM streams data faster than the PS3's BluRay drive does.)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                Welcome to the wonders of the PS3's slow BluRay drive vs games optimized for running from HDD ;D
                (Trivia; I can't find any specs now, but if memory serves me right - even the Wii's DVD ROM streams data faster than the PS3's BluRay drive does.)
                Pretty sure is just Capcom being cheap and fucking over customers as usual. There are other HD collections that are released on both disc and PSN that do not require installs for the disc.

Comment

Yea, besides talented developers such as naughtydog have proven the benefit of Blu Ray with the PS3's hardware.

Comment

I don't see why CAPCOM should go out of their way to create two different versions of a game(s) that was always intended to be stored on a HDD... except in Asia, where people don't care because they aren't paying extra to import it and haven't failed to read up on it a bit before purchasing with a specific expectation in mind. The only ones fucking the customers are the customers themselves (in this case, anyway).

Would still like to know why they released a "disk version" in Asia. Waste of manufacturing and shipping costs.
                    Last edited by News Bot; 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

They shouldn't need create two versions, just make one that runs from disc, it will work if entirely installed to PS3, just like every other retail game that gets a digital release. DLC and downloadable games are not popular in japan like they are in western countries, that is why they get a lot of games on disc that get digital releases only in the west.

Comment

I would like to have the option to buy it on physical format. If PSN dies someday, I might still be able to play those games with the "disc/key". If it loads it from the HDD it's ok for me. Most PS3 games install loads of data into the HDD anyway.
                        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-30-2012, 02:29 AM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          Any excuse to take a shot. Thats the difference between Ps3 and Xbox we are content with what we have so dont feel the need to go around trying to reassure ourselfs that we bought the right one. Tut Tut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            Pretty sure is just Capcom being cheap and fucking over customers as usual. There are other HD collections that are released on both disc and PSN that do not require installs for the disc.
                            I take it you refer to stuff like the various "Trilogy" packs, which some of still do HDD access (some of which also do full HDD installs, down to the point of even including FMVs and audio streams, despite keeping those on disc would've been just as fine.) Besides, the HD collections for the Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles is much more resource heavy than any other HD collection out there, as the originals pretty extensively utilize the 88MB of RAM the Wii has vs the 32MB the PS2 has (which are the original system specs most of those other HD collections were designed around).

Throw into the mix that the PS2's DVD-ROM is a 2~4x (iirc), vs whatever the Wii drive reads at (which is probably somewhere between the 6~12x range)
                            (For the sake of comparison, the PS3s CAV BD-ROM reads data from BD storage media at 2x BD speed, which is roughly below 6x in DVD-ROM speed)

Originally posted by shanemurphy View Post
                            Yea, besides talented developers such as naughtydog have proven the benefit of Blu Ray with the PS3's hardware.
                            In ways that do not run into issues with the slow disc access of the BD-ROM. Yes. Such as putting all languages on one disc and "hiding" seemingly realtime cutscenes behind what's actually pre-recorded lossless HD FMVs (Everytime Uncharted 1 does a cutscene and the colors/lighting seems a bit off compared to the in-game stuff; popcorn hour. Same thing the PS2 ports of RE4 and Killer 7 did; for the sake of showing other games utilizing the additional disc space in such a manner.)

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                            They shouldn't need create two versions, just make one that runs from disc, it will work if entirely installed to PS3, just like every other retail game that gets a digital release.
                            Actually, compatibility is not 1:1 between disc and HDD. Never has been on a Sony platform and never will be. Games that utilizes both HDD cache and disc access in many cases need specific SKUs for each delivery platform (digital vs physical media) and the variable transfer rate of the HDD (vs the theoretical and mostly constant of the BD-ROM) also means that anything that reads/writes to HDD needs to optimize its data access differently than something that either uses hybrid access, BD access only or HDD access only. Several games have different SKUs with need for seperate patches for the digital vs physical version (double-testing) as a result of this too and anything that's to be released on PSN as a download needs to go through a separate testing process. (Some games have been "clever" and gotten around a bit of trouble by letting the HDD versions be prepatched with the latest patch which technically does a check of whether the game's on a BD or a HDD and then treats HDD access differently based on that ... while this saves them a SKU, it still needs double the compatibility testing.)

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
                            Any excuse to take a shot. Thats the difference between Ps3 and Xbox we are content with what we have so dont feel the need to go around trying to reassure ourselfs that we bought the right one. Tut Tut.
                            How come everytime someone brings out one of the slight flaws/issues of the PS3, no matter how relevant it is to an issue a person is looking for answers to, someone will jump out and post something like this?

Comment

Well then learn your lesson. Not like I asked for it so dont see how you can try and take the moral high ground. You want to slag Ps3 off you put yourself out there for criticsm.

Comment

Working...
                              X