Biohazard Chronicles Hd Selection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
    Well then learn your lesson. Not like I asked for it so dont see how you can try and take the moral high ground. You want to slag Ps3 off you put yourself out there for criticsm.
    The "slag" started with you making a thread to moan about the disc version of HD Chronicles not meeting your expectations; I merely provided the very reason why the disc version behaves the way it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      The "slag" started with you making a thread to moan about the disc version of HD Chronicles not meeting your expectations; I merely provided the very reason why the disc version behaves the way it does.

Well a few people seemed interested and I have been contacted through private messaging about it so if your quite done now I dont wanna be derailing the thread anymore. Something you as a 'Mod' should be trying to do and not me. Funny how you moan about PS3 not doing a good job you should take a look at yourself chum.

Anyway on topic I Just got through playing the first chapter of Darkside Chronicles Operation Javier Part 1. The boss fight at the end with the water creature was extremely annoying. How long has Leon had Parkinsons? I've had a few beers granted but the screen is constantly moving in a wishy washy fashion it has made me feel sick and kinda spun me out. I always remember Darkside Chronicles being the superior but after playing Umbrella from start to finish on the PS3 version I have to say so far Umbrella is kicking its ass! I prefer the storys on Umbrella anyway with the side storys and all. The only reason I used to think of Darkside being better was because of the improved gameplay and graphics but now they are both HD and both have the same controls. Darkside is pants! Umbrella Chronicles all the way.
      Last edited by CrimsonElder; 09-01-2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Okay. Call me an unfair ruler, but so be it. Guess we went too soft on this guy before. This thread continues without its OP.

Comment

I will. That was a bit harsh. The guy is responding directly to your statement and then correctly saying everyone should move on, and even he did himself by making new discussion on the content... I don't think thats really that worthy of a ban. If he'd continued on pushing more direct comment towards you from in that post directly (ie. continuing to question your console statements other than the statement he did make) or something more than that I would otherwise agree.
          Last edited by Rombie; 09-02-2012, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Dammit Carnivol, if you were half the idiot Dot50Cal was...
            Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 09-02-2012, 03:32 PM.
            See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
              Dammit Carnivol, if you were half the idiot Dot50Cal was...
              *takes the liberty to finish the sentence*

... I'd have to sick this fellow on you.

In all seriousness, that guy has been asking for it recently. You can't get away with being an asshole forever... Unless your first name is "Mr."
              sigpic

Comment

One thing that truly bothers me about the HD Collection is how inaccurate as a pointer device the MOVE is, compared to the Wii remote + How you always have to recalibrate the centre position of the aim :/

Comment

One thing that truly bothers me about the HD Collection is how inaccurate as a pointer device the MOVE is, compared to the Wii remote + How you always have to recalibrate the centre position of the aim :/
                  I keep hearing this... why exactly is that? The waggle to reload or various other actions right? What's the specifics on that though? I don't have a move, so I don't know the details.

On the one hand I don't see why Capcom wouldn't have worked around that by changing it somehow, but I don't blame them that much as on the other I don't understand how Sony can put the move out there and not think that one of the more common uses of motion controllers is to waggle it for various actions, mostly reloading in games among many others.

Comment

Basically, the deal with the MOVE is that it only has one tracking point. You have the camera tracking the light sphere on the MOVE controller. This is combined with an analog input from the motion sensors inside the controller. However, the motion sensors in the controller aren't really 100% reliable, so as you flail the thing around, it'll loose track of which angle/direction the controller is actually pointing and where in the room the controller actually is. Regardless of what the PS Eye sees. (This is basically the same issue you see in Skyward Sword, where you have a quick button to "reset" the centerpoint of the controller. This is because the game doesn't really use the pointer system at all, and entirely relies on the motion sensors' input acting as a second analog stick. I'd love to see a game utilize a dual-remote setup like that for both analogs.)

On the Wii you generally don't have this problem in pointer dependant games, 'cause you have a setup where the controller itself acts as the camera and it tracks TWO reference points (the left and the right side of the sensor bar), which makes it better at keeping track of where in the room it is at all times (since it'll always be able to tell how the two reference points are positioned in regards to one another + see how far away they are, to deal with angles.)

Comment

But the MOVE has 1:1 tracking!
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Okay. Call me an unfair ruler, but so be it. Guess we went too soft on this guy before. This thread continues without its OP.
                        You are making it difficult to enjoy this forum. I can't stand to read your pretentious posts, then when you are challenged in a mannerly way, you ban the person.

But hey, whatever.

Comment

Cheers Carn, now I understand clearly. It still seems like a weird thing to overlook in Sony's development to me, again because of gaming companies frequent use of fast movement for action sequences and reloading in motion games.

Comment

It's basically the result of the "me too" design of the MOVE controller. Could've easily been avoided if they developed new hardware specifically for it, but I guess Sony might've been looking for ways to help get rid of the gazillion PS EYE cameras collecting dust after Eye of Judgement never became the next Magic the Gathering.

Either way, I'm kinda curious about how motion controls like these will be handled on the next gen platforms (specifically in the direction of either light gun games or "hybrid" games)
                            Last edited by Carnivol; 09-03-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

What little access I've had of the Move (played some of the basic Move games, tried to play RE5 with it - which was horrible, but that was bad implimentation by Capcom), when it works it works better than the Wiimote but it's stuff like that waggle calibration issue I kept hearing about which has put me off ever getting one. Plus that I don't see a whole lot of use getting done with it. Ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                                I will. That was a bit harsh. The guy is responding directly to your statement and then correctly saying everyone should move on, and even he did himself by making new discussion on the content... I don't think thats really that worthy of a ban. If he'd continued on pushing more direct comment towards you from in that post directly (ie. continuing to question your console statements other than the statement he did make) or something more than that I would otherwise agree.
                                I agree. What extraordinary double-standards. The guy is significantly less abusive & obnoxious than another member here, who seems to turn the mods into bumbling sycophants. It's not exclusive to THIA, as BIOHAZE is even more guilty of pandering to that vile individual, whilst other far less guilty parties find themselves equally unfairly banned.

Comment

Working...
                                X