No announcement yet.

Puzzles in RESIDENT EVIL 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, the "L" and "M" card could be "Light" and "Master" card in the laboratory.

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
      In my opinion, the "L" and "M" card could be "Light" and "Master" card in the laboratory.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	PSD3D110.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	401797

If this screenshot from the RE2 Trial is any indication, the L and M Cards were used to unlock doors in the RPD. In RE2beta1 and RE2 Trial, these were probably changed to the L and M Keys respectively, and then of course in the Retail RE2 they used card-suits rather than letters.

Comment

Could it be that the Communications Startup Card was used in the radio room to trigger an event necessary to progress? Having recently replayed Dino Crisis, and looking at that list, that was the first thing that came into mind. There's another thing in Dino Crisis that caught my eye. A card key is in the Chief's Room. Which I'm guessing was recycled from the idea of obtaining an ID card in the RE 1.5 Chief's Room.
        Last edited by Kegluneq; 10-16-2012, 10:26 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
          *sigh* No. Nothing gets cut. The lever simply turns.
          The outline looks like a wire to me, as you can see in Gemini's post. Unless you have some clear footage of that segment you want to share.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 10-16-2012, 10:05 PM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

I had the same idea about going to visit Chief Irons. Why go in there at all, unless there's something important in there? At least one build had an Inventory Box; the others don't. There must be something of importance in there. That's where I put the first of the gate system cards - the Blue (Stairwell) Card Key - in my video series. Didn't know about what they did in Dino Crisis, never having played it. Hmmmm ... very interesting ....

If the current notion about that wire and the pilers is true, then that's another RE15 idea that got reworked for RE2. Isn't there a wire you have to find to re-engage the Security Shutter system?
            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Yup, there's some cords in the magic mirror room used just for closing the shutters. Unfortunately that kind of shutter system seems to be veeery different from the one in 1.5, which is really a pity.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Heh. It's funny how the way the puzzle is set up in retail is the exact opposite of what you needed to do in 1.5.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  Heh. It's funny how the way the puzzle is set up in retail is the exact opposite of what you needed to do in 1.5.
                  Put a cord = Close the shutter
                  Remove a cord = Open the shutter

Comment

... Isn't that what I just said?
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

Either way, both puzzles still make complete sense. In 1.5 by disconnecting the wires you probably short circuit the shutter controls, while in RE2 you need the cords to activate the switch and close the emergency shutters.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

What I don't understand is, if the station has no power, how is this possible? Or are we to assume the shutters are running via some sort of backup generator?

Comment

It could be like in retail where only power to the card readers are down. The station itself is well-lit, aside from the lobby and the basement halls.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            It could be like in retail where only power to the card readers are down. The station itself is well-lit, aside from the lobby and the basement halls.
                            Yeah, if the building is as well-lit as it is, there must at least be an emergency backup generator running... Or maybe I am over-thinking video game logic...

Comment

So is there light switches in some of the rooms, or does switching the power back on bring back the lights?

Comment

There's HVAC and other heavy-duty electrical equipment up on the roof behind a gated area that extends under the helipad. Sadly, there's no extant data that you could ever go in there.
                                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X