No announcement yet.

Puzzles in RESIDENT EVIL 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Judging by the PSM video, there's no way to access that fenced area.

Comment

The RPD itself overall isn't without power. Only certain basement areas and things like the elevator and card readers, ect. are. There's no major background changes except the B1 hallway lights turn on.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
        The RPD itself overall isn't without power. Only certain basement areas and things like the elevator and card readers, ect. are. There's no major background changes except the B1 hallway lights turn on.
        Wasn't the 2 basement hallways (the one without the lights and the one with the lights on) different areas?

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
          Wasn't the 2 basement hallways (the one without the lights and the one with the lights on) different areas?
          Yes, they are. However, it is still evidenced via two videos that the B1 hallway (Complete disc 1 and another video) with the lights off, and then seen again in a Bioflames image with the lights fully on and bright.
          sigpic

Comment

Alzaire, you're talking about B2 Hallway, right? Cause that's the one that has the lights off in the video footage (Complete Disc 1 and Capcom Friendly Club VideoTape 4), but has them fully operational in the final build screenshots (the one that Elza is next to the Arms Storage).

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
              Alzaire, you're talking about B2 Hallway, right? Cause that's the one that has the lights off in the video footage (Complete Disc 1 and Capcom Friendly Club VideoTape 4), but has them fully operational in the final build screenshots (the one that Elza is next to the Arms Storage).
              Correct, except it is B1, not B2.
              sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall1.png
Views:	3
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	401829Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall2.png
Views:	1
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	401830Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall3.png
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	401831Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_hallway_01.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	401828

In the first three images, we can see the unlit florescent lights on the ceiling, which are illuminated in the fourth image.

B1 and not B2 you say?

Comment

Yes.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes.
                    Ah, now the architects of the RPD don't seem as crazy as I once thought.

---

I was able to modify the third image to more clearly reveal the end of the hallway, which is a solid wall. I accomplished this by selectively combining fragments from several frames of video (there's some technical term for this... help me out all you graphic designers!). This debunks the old theory that there were double-doors at the end of the hallway.

Name:	hallmod.png
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	401832

Comment

Well, that fits with my own ideas about the end of that hall, anyway .... Nice job.
                      Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                      Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Doesn't the office behind the lobby reception have a light and dark variation?

Comment

Do you mean the western office at the end of the shutter hallway? The lights in that room are on by default, it doesn't seem like you can turn them off.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

Do you mean to say that there's only one Basement floor, or that these 2 (or 1) Hallway(s) belong to B1, and not B2?

Also, Alzaire, if you don't mind me asking, why did you never finish the 1.5 section? I know Dot50Cal was too busy (personal issues, if I recall) to finish his projects, but back in 2007, you said that only a few weeks or months were necessary to finish the 1.5 section. I'm sure you could have done it on your own, even if the release date would have to be delayed. So what happened? I only ask this because it seems that the community seems to be re-figuring out the game's layout, and your contributions would have helped immensely in this process.

Comment

Originally posted by Kegluneq View Post
                              Do you mean to say that there's only one Basement floor, or that these 2 (or 1) Hallway(s) belong to B1, and not B2?

Also, Alzaire, if you don't mind me asking, why did you never finish the 1.5 section? I know Dot50Cal was too busy (personal issues, if I recall) to finish his projects, but back in 2007, you said that only a few weeks or months were necessary to finish the 1.5 section. I'm sure you could have done it on your own, even if the release date would have to be delayed. So what happened? I only ask this because it seems that the community seems to be re-figuring out the game's layout, and your contributions would have helped immensely in this process.
                              There's two basement floors. I was just saying that it's floor B1 that has the lighting change.

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall1.png
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	401829Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall2.png
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	401830Click image for larger version

Name:	BH2_RPD_B2hall3.png
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	401831Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2_hallway_01.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	401828

These are the same hallway, B1's hall.

There are a few reasons the 1.5 section never happened. Dot50 delayed it to work on the RE1 section, and he wanted to wait. He was very particular about things and wanted to make sure it was all done to his satisfaction, so at the time I assumed the RE1 section would be completed and just decided to wait. However, Dot50's life changed after he moved and he lost time and eventually interest. Then my life sort of changed priorities a bit when my dad got diagnosed with cancer and the time had passed after the PSM stuff and hype and interest just kind of faded, especially with how daunting the task would be to do the feature/section the way I wanted. I tried to start it up again from time to time, but kept putting it on the backburner. Nowadays since my dad passed away, I've been too busy and don't really have much motivation. It's definitely a shame I never managed to make the section. But I don't mind trying to answer questions and discussing a bit from time to time still.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alright, thanks for clarifying that. I thought that B1 was B2 (Autopsy Room, Power Room, and Garage? or Jail?) due to the PSM video. But you're right. You're definitely right, and I'm kicking myself for not having noticed this earlier. The first public footage of the Basement was the Arms Storage. This was published by Famitsu in 1st of November 1996 (Weekly Issue). Then, the next section showed was the Firing Range, again, by Famitsu in 8th of November 1996 (Weekly Issue). The PlayStation Magazine (Vol.38 and 39) that date back to November 1996 also confirm that only these 2 sections were showed. The Autopsy Room and Power Room were not published (as far as I'm aware) by Famitsu until October 1997 (when the game was already cancelled). There is footage of the B2 Hallway and Autopsy Room prior to that issue of Famitsu in magazines, by Hyper PlayStation Re-Mix Vol. 4, in February 1997.

I'm sorry to hear that about your father. I can't blame you for quitting the project. I always admired you back when you were active on bioflames.com, so when you never released the project, and it came to an halt, I was pretty pissed off. That was very immature and selfish of me. You don't own anything to this community. We learned a lot through out these years thanks to you. You already left a legacy behind. I'm glad you're still helping the community trying to re-configure the lost pieces of BH 1.5.

Thank you for sharing your reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X