what is people wait for when 1.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    Everyone doesn't have to have the same morbid outlook on life, and if some use faith to keep it going then good for them. I would never take that away from anybody.
    That's not what I was saying...

Here's a different take of what I wrote:

When you're young (and stupid - like we all were once - or are), we usually think we're SPECIAL. And sometimes, we think the world would stop turning without us. We think we're invincible and that Life/Gawd/Satan/etc. is being an asshole for making us suffer or making us go through a bad experience. We refuse to learn.

But once you grow up a little and you learn to use perspective, is when you realize that you don't have any special privileges - usually no more than the rest (not talking about being born rich- rich people have it bad too).

And you also start to look at other people differently. Like you don't make fun of bums on the street anymore. That could potentially be you or someone you know. When you're young, that very idea never crosses your mind. So you learn from your mistakes and other ppls mistakes.

So there is absolutely nothing 'morbid' about learning about your own mortality. Because is when you really start living life as you should. By not being dumber than shit.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

Okay, that sounds totally different from before. Nevermind man. Must've read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
        Okay, that sounds totally different from before. Nevermind man. Must've read it wrong.
        Well to be fair, that first post originally included a lot of the stuff I mentioned in the 2nd post. But before hitting the submit reply button I went "Nah, I don't think the post needs to be this long. And besides, what's the point? Users that are old enough don't need to learn this. And people who are too young won't get it at all. They need to learn it themselves anyway".

So I edited all out and just left in what you read there.

Its not so much about going "Hey, it could be worse!" but about looking at the mistakes you and others make and learning from them. So you should go "Hey, here's a bad experience I can learn from".
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
          Not making fun of you Darkmoon, but I saw on the news that men who consume a lot of soda, can have knee problems. Something in Soda either caffeine, sugar, high fructose sugar etc is the culprit. I don't know your particular situation I just wanted to pass this information if it helps.
          it may raise uric acid, causing the appearance of crystals of this on the knee joint.

Comment

If you want to talk about some random pseudo philosophical stuffs, you're free to do that in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Black~Crow View Post
              Not making fun of you Darkmoon, but I saw on the news that men who consume a lot of soda, can have knee problems. Something in Soda either caffeine, sugar, high fructose sugar etc is the culprit. I don't know your particular situation I just wanted to pass this information if it helps.
              I drink soda twice a week, during game nights. The rest of the time I drink water.

I'm pretty sure it's more to do with the hideous physical damage suffered, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                If you want to talk about some random pseudo philosophical stuffs, you're free to do that in another thread.
                I had to mention what I heard on the news because I thought it would be helpful to Darkmoon . Now you could have mentioned something about the main topic instead of complaining.

Now to get back on track RE 1.5 is wanted by so many is because of all the media that was released by Capcom, to the public. If we didn't see all of this we wouldn't want to play Resident Evil 1.5.
                I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                  Yeah, sorry about that.

Seriously went off topic there.
                  sigpic

Comment

I had read Rick Hunter response thinking it was about what I said so, I didn't realize he was responding to what you said. Now let us get back to the main topic.
                    I have received 135,000 infractions at The Horror Is Alive!

Comment

The prospect of a classic-style Biohazard game to play is really quite tantalizing.
                      But there's so many more important things going on in my life that whether I ever get to play it or not doesn't really phase me.
                      sigpic

Comment

For me, it's like a "but what if". What if the retail version of Resident evil II was not released, and '1.5' being there in it's place was the reality? Would be interesting to see the whole atmosphere of the game compared to the retail, to be in an alternate timeline than that of the mainstream story.

Comment

Looking forward to it...

Comment

I discovered Resident Evil when Resident Evil 2 was first being discussed by magazines. I thought it looked awesome and unlike anything I had played before so I went to a rental store (weird saying that now) and picked up the original and was instantly hooked. It contained everything I loved about Super Metroid but in a completely different way.

So after that I was constantly buying every magazine that had anything about the new RE2 just so I could read the articles and look at the pictures...over and over and over again. Everything I saw was beautiful and is visually my favorite RE installment to date. I loved the ambience, I loved the gloomy nature, the decadent and ruined "evil ghost town" vibe and the claustrophobic feeling I got when I imagined myself being bottlenecked into a hallway against 7-8 zombies armed only with a pistol. I was more and more excited each time I saw the completion rate rise up, almost to the point that I couldn't stand it.

And then they scrapped it. I was floored. Time went on, I got more involved with my N64 and eventually RE2 finally came out. But to my horror (no pun intended) all the things I loved about "1.5" were gone! And while I greatly enjoyed the final RE2, I was largely disappointed with the environments, especially the RPD. It felt so stale and dull compared to what I first became attached to. All I had were my articles and handful of pictures.

I had mostly let it go until discovering bioflames on the internet a few years later with way more content than I remembered seeing the first time around and all the old feelings came back to me.

So why have I waited and hoped for an opportunity to play this? Because it's the only game I've ever anticipated my whole life that I felt so strongly about. I knew it was going to be in my top 3 favorite games of all time, easily. It's the longest on-going passion I've ever experienced in my life other than music. For it to finally be a reality is like '96-'97 all over again. I just hope this really happens. It'll be the best day of my life in gaming, which I haven't been able to say in a long time.
                            Last edited by Graco; 12-12-2012, 02:39 AM.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I first played RE 1 when it was new, I was about 10 and I absolutly loved it. Then RE 2 came out, I must have played the 5 min' demo at least 200 hundred times, I loved it even more than RE 1 and is still my favorite RE, one of my favorite games ever and I still play it frequently. Then RE 3 came out, it was good, I liked it, but it was not quite as good as RE 2. Then came along RE:CV and again it was good, but not as good as RE 2.

Then they started with all the spin offs, REmakes and prequels like survivor 1+2, dead aim, outbreak 1+2, the REmake, RE 0 and prob' some others I can't recall right now. RE 0 was ok, nothing amazing but no real complaints, REmake was pretty good but it's hard to top the original even with all it's foibles. Outbreak I loved and still play for it's huge replayability, Outbreak File 2 was even better in every way and is my 2nd favorite RE of all. As I recall the all others where pretty bad.

Then RE 4 came out, as a game it was ok-ish, as a RE I didn't like it, but they gave us all the REs we know and love so I stuck around, after all they can't all be winners.
                              Then RE 5 came out..... A pretty bad game and the worst RE i've ever played, it's not RE, just because Chris, Jill and Wesker are in it does NOT make it a RE. Cloud and Tifa are in Ehrgeiz does that make it a Final Fantasy? You can prob' tell I dislike RE 6 to the point of physical disgust. At this point i'm dissapointed in the direction they seem to be taking the game and out of what little kindness remains in my heart and just for old times sake I decide to stick around for just ONE more.
                              RE:ORC .............
                              RE 6 comes out, if you where within 10 miles of me you prob' heard me laughing at it, it's only upside is merc's, that said even merc's has seen better days.

So all the REs I love are in the original format (fixed camara positions, puzzles, having to use your brain/memory, the ability to get stuck, tank controls, ect) and all the REs I don't like / strongly despies are experimental spin offs (FPS like Dead Aim / Survivor) and in the new "Go in the only direction you can, shoot nasty, repeat, end" format (4,5 and 6). So to find out only 2 weeks ago that there is not only a RE in the original format that I have not played, but it's a version of one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite RE of all time, how on Earth would I NOT want to play it?

All opinion ofc.

Comment

Working...
                              X