Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think other versions of Biohazard 2 have more original beta content unlocked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think other versions of Biohazard 2 have more original beta content unlocked?

I heard rumors on forums that guy messd around with a disc (Biohazard 2 retail Japanese version) while saving data and it unlocked beta content with original scenes (such as Marvin telling Leon to shoot him in the head) and more gore... I'm not sure...

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...-BH2-TRIAL-PS1
    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joehrex View Post
      I heard rumors on forums that guy messd around with a disc (Biohazard 2 retail Japanese version) while saving data and it unlocked beta content with original scenes (such as Marvin telling Leon to shoot him in the head) and more gore... I'm not sure...
      There is tons of "locked" content that capcom didn't take off many versions of resident evil/biohazard 2...... 99 percent of its been brought to light though.

Comment

It's cool I thik that capcom left these leftovers just to make more spectative about the beta games.

Comment

Or it would've been more trouble to remove the content so they just locked it away.

Comment

Originally posted by PROTOBOY View Post
            It's cool I thik that capcom left these leftovers just to make more spectative about the beta games.
            Capcom is lazy thats why 90 percent of that content is left on the disc.... and like the above user posted, some content is just to difficult to remove or it takes to much time to remove so they lock it away.

I love knowing i'm gonna find beta/unused items on discs of my favorite games, it's a fun searching for this stuff.
            Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
              Capcom is lazy thats why 90 percent of that content is left on the disc....
              Capcom is a company: they pay people to create code, they pay people to delete code. Cheaper to leave the unused code - and that got nothing to do with laziness and everything with budget management ;)
              Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
                Or it would've been more trouble to remove the content so they just locked it away.
                This is usually the case in 99% of the cases where you find leftover scraps in a game. Best way to get the basic idea of how this works is to go read on the "Hot Coffee" thing for GTA and why it was left in the game's code.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  This is usually the case in 99% of the cases where you find leftover scraps in a game. Best way to get the basic idea of how this works is to go read on the "Hot Coffee" thing for GTA and why it was left in the game's code.
                  I don't see what takes so long to right-click and hit delete on an item, unless the workstations they used didn't work like that or if, like rendering, deleting stuff would take a long time and not worth the time and resources. Now if that's a terribly ignorant statement on my part, I apologize.
                  If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

I don't know, I get the feeling whoever it was at the time finished the build, hit compile and there we had it. If you really wanted to cover tracks you'd spend that tiny bit extra effort in removing data. There's probably a lot more we can learn from the Trial Edtion, for instance we know that builds from the beta 1 era used a lot of modified 1.5 lab backgrounds as opposed to final backgrounds, it might be the case that at the time Capcom planned to keep a lot of this content, ie the 1.5 backgrounds as they were considered part of the retail project and not just junk data from the scrapped project.

Comment

Working...
                    X