Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1.5 WIP Spoiler Thread (Post your screenshots, findings, observations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leon can use SIG P228
    8006F6BC 5894
    8006F6C0 1C42

--

Elza can use Browning HP
    8006F75C 5948
    8006F760 1B30

Elza can use Beretta M93R
    8006F76C 5F30
    8006F770 1B48

Elza can use Hand Grenade
    8006F78C 68A8
    8006F790 1B7C

Elza can use Flamethrower
    8006F7B4 625C
    8006F7B8 1BBF
    Last edited by Mikhail; 04-18-2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• @ ccrogers15 - RPD is right .. the club however is not - its the set of buildings on the left (next one over)
      I did this detailed map - took forever to make - showing building that are shown in several BG's (such as the light up one that shows at burning van, and is located on the main street (outside front on RPD shutters).
      Also included the only place the Parking Garage B exit could be - again on front main street near shutters (ramp goes down to Umbrella Van)
      If you layer all the floor maps over one another (Like I have here) you'll see it's a perfect fit.
      I also included several surrounding buildings but as far as a city map is conserned - we don't have that info to hand so..

Image is big so click the link - not 100% fantastic but you get the gist.

Click the image and then click raw image to zoom in .. Might take a few mins to get yoru head around it, but I tried to highlight points in all screenshots and made the map according to what we can see from the very poor backgrounds haha.. most of it is black and shadows so..
      Last edited by RaccoonSurvivor; 04-18-2013, 11:58 AM.
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• I really like that map. Good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by ccrogers15 View Post
          I really like that map. Good job!
          Thanks .. I tried to give it a 3D look using sections of the original BG's - this way you can see which building is meant to be which .. instead of a squares.
          I think the best part is the Parking entrance on the street.. makes sense - you can see lights and the street from the Garage B near the ramp.
          I guess it would look a little like in RE2 Retail, but instead of a courtyard with the wall .. it would be open access from the street instead (like most real precincts would have)
          The common misconception is that the parking access is round the back - but the game maps show this not to be the case..
          I wonder why the RPD van was driving around the back for it to crash though? .. There is a smaller street behind the van which is surrounded by iron fences and hedges.
          There is only one way into the parking area and that makes it the front of the building near the shutters (would be on the left down the block a little)
          Unless the transport to the cells (prison area) is around the back .. makes sense as the prisons are in that northern area.. Hmm

Comment

• Nice piece of mapwork. The only thing I think you got wrong is the Parking Garage ramp. It can't be where you put it, if either the B2 map we've been given or Enig's B2 maps are correct. It should actually come out under the front (bottom, south end?) of the building across the street, and not under the 1F "cubbyhole" of the RPD (check your stairwell alignments). Also, I think the ramp proper may be a bit longer that what most folks assume, but maybe that's just a trick of perspective. I'll grant that that the "cubbyhole" ramp might be what was intended, given your visual spadework, but it doesn't line up mapwise. As I said, though, that's my only nit to pick - and there's other areas of the RPD that have known map issues. =P

The van wrecks where it does most likely because it zipped out of the Parking Garage, then turned up the street between the RPD and the building on that side. It was then forced off somehow and wrecked into the back of the RPD. Might have swerved to avoid another vehicle, or it might have had something to do with the outbreak. Who knows? That's my theory, anyway.
            Last edited by RMandel; 04-21-2013, 05:05 AM.
            Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
            Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
              Nice piece of mapwork. The only thing I think you got wrong is the Parking Garage ramp. It can't be where you put it, if either the B2 map we've been given or Enig's B2 maps are correct. It should actually come out under the front (bottom, south end?) of the building across the street, and not under the 1F "cubbyhole" of the RPD (check your stairwell alignments). Also, I think the ramp proper may be a bit longer that what most folks assume, but maybe that's just a trick of perspective. I'll grant that that the "cubbyhole" ramp might be what was intended, given your visual spadework, but it doesn't line up mapwise. As I said, though, that's my only nit to pick - and there's other areas of the RPD that have known map issues. =P

The van wrecks where it does most likely because it zipped out of the Parking Garage, then turned up the street between the RPD and the building on that side. It was then forced off somehow and wrecked into the back of the RPD. Might have swerved to avoid another vehicle, or it might have had something to do with the outbreak. Who knows? That's my theory, anyway.
              Then ingame, why does it have the map as B1, not B2?
              Hmmm... Who cares anyway hehe - nothing major really is it.

Comment

• Oops. My bad - should have said B1, not B2.

I got to looking at the backgrounds for the Parking Garage ramp exit, and here's an idea. What if there's more on that side of the RPD than the map shows? It looks like, looking up both ramp views, that the front and side streets appear to line up the way you have them. The best view even appears to show the break in the buildings for the street leading up to the lobby, although it's almost immediately cut off by that side of the ramp exit. That's why I think you're on the right track, even though there are still map issues.

This is just a guess, but I'm thinking that the city block on that side (east) of the RPD is somewhat wider than on the far side (west). Not by much - and it wouldn't have to be too much - but just enough to keep the ramp exit within the block. Anything could be in that extra space - a visitor's parking area, a lounging/smoking area for visitors, more sidewalks and shrubbery, a utility/storage building - whatever. There are plenty of real world examples to draw on. Unfortunately, the only visuals we might have of that area (the back roof above the Burning Van) are mostly blocked by the RPD itself and the wrecked SWAT van. Probably the best thing to do is take Enig's RPD maps and measure off just how much extra room you need, then add "the fill" accordingly. I'm thinking that once you do that, both the map and the visuals will lock into place and agree with each other.
                Last edited by RMandel; 04-22-2013, 03:17 AM.
                Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
                Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RMandel View Post
                  Probably the best thing to do is take Enig's RPD maps and measure off just how much extra room you need, then add "the fill" accordingly. I'm thinking that once you do that, both the map and the visuals will lock into place and agree with each other.
                  Be careful, my maps were made before the leak, so the Parking Lot ramp is incorrectly rotated by 180 degrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.Birkin View Post
                    “Sometimes” mean I heard they were on 2F some time ago. Now it is 3F. I say I am not revealing this detail like many other. There may be baboons breaking the windows or no windows broken at all.
                    sneaky sneaky Mr. Birkin...

---

Well, for what it's worth, it appears that 3F has round lights and missing window panes, while 2F has long lights and intact window panes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bh2.rpd.3rdfloor.3tower01.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	402886Click image for larger version

Name:	RARE(RPD_2F).png
Views:	3
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	402887

Hopefully you have more information than I do, but it looks like the room with round lights and missing window panes is the one with crows.

EDIT: moved from the "main" thread
                    Last edited by Enigmatism415; 04-25-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Can anyone explain to me why the Remington worked fine with elza on my old laptop, but on my new one it causes the game to crash every time I shoot a zombie with it?

Also, the sound becomes garbled and fuzzy when I enter the inventory menu. It didn't do so on my previous laptop. It doesn't make sense that it plays worse on the newer one. All of my other Playstation games play so much more smoothly and look better except for 1.5.
                      Last edited by Graco; 05-16-2013, 03:45 AM.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• different plugins? different emulator?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          different plugins? different emulator?
                          All the same. Even the config.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Problem with the Remington has nothing to do with your laptop; the programming for it is incomplete, as mentioned by D.Birkin in the other thread, so it'll randomly crash your game regardless of what emulator you're using. As for the sound problems, maybe try fiddling with your sound plug-in configurations then?
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              Open memory, jump to 800B0FF0, change the value there, and reload the room (or walk through a door). 0-1-2 are the values for Leon, 4-5-6 are for Elza, D for alternate Leon (Marvin placeholder?), E for John, and F for "SHERLY!". Everything else simply crashes the game, meaning there's no blue jacket Leon on the disk. Also, most player models can't seem to be able to walk on a staircases.
                              This is gonna make me sound like a complete idiot... so prepare. But how exactly do you use these?

Comment

• Thanks to imacwesker, I found a higher-resolution image of the 2F Lift Hall to replace the old one which I had been citing for many years. I've provided a crude triptych below containing the original excerpt, the clearer excerpt (approximately twice the horizontal and vertical resolution once roughly size-matched), and an official Bioflames image of the 3F Lift Hall for comparison:

Now that I can see everything more clearly, what I had once interpreted as a single vending machine I now see as two adjacent vending machines (a fizzy drink / snack dispensing unit in the background and a cigarette dispensing unit in the foreground):

Last edited by Enigmatism415; 06-10-2013, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X