Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perhaps the Resident Evil Zero beta for the Nintendo 64 will be next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biohazard 2 prototype is only a more buggy and more poorly written version of Biohazard 2. This might only be a downgraded GameCube game, but it's engine is fairly unique and is designed for N64 hardware, something uncommon in the RE community and imo something that's worth paying the money for just to own. If anything this is a piece of Capcom's history that is unlike any other item, other than perhaps another build of Biohazard 0. It might not be much to play but to a demo/trial collector this is probably one of the most unique items of them all.

Comment

I like a lot this version, since I love and prefer the old school RE style, if it is out here I hope it leak some day...

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        it's engine is fairly unique and is designed for N64 hardware, something uncommon
        just like all the Gamecube's Resident Evil games, good times ;-(

Comment

If we manage to get ourselves this in the near future, maybe the team could also finish this one as well. It would be another achievement to add to their gaming resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
            If we manage to get ourselves this in the near future, maybe the team could also finish this one as well. It would be another achievement to add to their gaming resume.
            I love this beta game, if IGAS can make 1.5 then they can do RE0 from the original N64 version and also they can port it to PSX since this game uses the same engine from older RE games.

Comment

Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
              I love this beta game, if IGAS can make 1.5 then they can do RE0 from the original N64 version and also they can port it to PSX since this game uses the same engine from older RE games.
              That's something I'm curious about, is there any sources for this kind of info? Does this game run on a modified version of the BIO2 engine for N64?

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                That's something I'm curious about, is there any sources for this kind of info? Does this game run on a modified version of the BIO2 engine for N64?
                Sorry for answering one year later geluda, I was so busy that I didn't check the forums... That's a really nice question for almost, a dead topic... It's interesting that BH0 for the N64 were worked in the BH2 for N64... Because all the zombies in the footage are the same ones from BH2 only with a different color skin...

Comment

wonder if anyones ever looked into the n64 cartridge of re 2 to see if theirs any left over items or maybe material of re 0 for n64.. on there they had the ex files on their which talked about some events that happened in 0 but just a thought, though i do know they were very limited on space. still would be cool if there was something.

Comment

Originally posted by nicksena17 View Post
                    wonder if anyones ever looked into the n64 cartridge of re 2 to see if theirs any left over items or maybe material of re 0 for n64.. on there they had the ex files on their which talked about some events that happened in 0 but just a thought, though i do know they were very limited on space. still would be cool if there was something.
                    Highly unlikely, they barely had room for the game and i think actual development started a little later into development of re2 on n64. The closest we get is the ex file that uses what i assume is an old spelling of billy's last name. Im kind of sad there never was an n64 version. that one actually tied into the original ps1 version of re1 whereas the gamecube version connected to the remake.

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                      The closest we get is the ex file that uses what i assume is an old spelling of billy's last name.
                      His name is the same in Japanese and can be translated as either Coen or Koen. The translator for BIO0 used Coen, the translator for BIO2 used Koen. It's not an early spelling. The EX files were written because by the time BIO2 was in development for the N64, the scenarios of BIO3, BIO0 and CV were completed. So they decided to tie all four games together and incorporate some new elements that were originally written for the gaiden drama albums.
                      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

[QUOTE=News Bot So they decided to tie all four games together and incorporate some new elements that were originally written for the gaiden drama albums.[/QUOTE]
                        What is the Gaiden drama albums? I never heard of that but I did enjoy playing Gaiden I thought it was a good re, either way I still have hopes one day someone will appear with 0 for 64 anythings possible,

Comment

They're "gaiden" drama albums in that they're alternative timeline side-stories where events occur differently to the main series. They're unrelated to BIOHAZARD GAIDEN.

The Little Runaway Sherry
                          The Female Spy Ada Lives
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

ok thanks i understand, i was reading on wikipedia and it says After the script had been completed in early 1999, the production of a Resident Evil title for Nintendo 64 was revealed to the public by Yoshiki Okamoto, the president of Capcom's screenplay company Flagship.[4] Resident Evil Zero was officially announced at 20 percent completion in January 2000, after which it was presented with a playable demo at Tokyo Game Show, and that got me thinking if 20% of it was done its possible that maybe after the train crashes that area and maybe the main section of the mansion might of been playable which is a cool thought, for 1.5 being 40% complete it has a decent amount of rooms etc, so 20% i could see there being a bit more then just the train, i guess well never know unless it gets leaked.

Comment

Working...
                            X