The unofficial RE1.5 gameplay and PMOD videos and video clips thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<double post deleted - browser error>
    Last edited by RMandel; 03-27-2013, 06:53 AM.
    Do you know where I can find the final build of Resident Evil 1.5?
    Please contact me if so! re15finalbuild@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
      Thanks a lot for share it with us Eduardo! It's very very useful!

Thanks again!
      Oh man, this is small compared with you work, but thanks ;)

It's just that I see so many fans of RE working hard. I tried to do something to help as well.

Here's a "character map" represents this table.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Print Table.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	402817

as we can see A=1D B=1E and ~

Where show "longspace" like in hex "9A", I found a text some like a keyboard "TAB", its means when we use this hex codes, in game the text give us a "longspace" but no sure about this, i still in tests
      I think it is a useful to "save" space and make the text code small as possible.

By the way, there's a lot things like this example, if someone wanna know more, I can post more things.

But if the forum administrators deem that I am fleeing the topic, please let me know ok? Excuse me something.

Thank's

Comment

I can't speak for the moderators, but I'm the guy that started this thread. You go right ahead, edu@rdo. AFAIC, text translation has everything to do with video clips, since the text is displayed on screen during cutscenes.

It's time to start providing the links for the next set of episodes in my "Story of RE1.5" video series ...

Stage 2 - The Sewers

Episode 11 - Into the Sewers
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 12 - Beside the North Canal
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 13 - The Best Laid Plans

Episode 14 - A Fighting Retreat

Episode 15 - The Giant Alligator

Keiji, the section you found is in Episode 12 - if you've got anything to say or add. I won't be using it the way it was probably intended to play, due to the way I've had to jerry-rig everything together to make it "playable" - but I'd still appreciate your insight. This episode in particular is NOT the way the game actually plays - I'm just trying to use as much material as we have in a way that makes some kind of sense. Everyone needs to check Enig's notes for the "right" way per the actual game.
        Last edited by RMandel; 03-31-2013, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I saw my name on the end of episode 10, and I wondered why. Come to think of it, I saw my name on a level list here on the forums somewhere ("Keiji's Corridor") and I wondered why.

Originally posted by RMandel View Post
          Keiji, the section you found will be in the next episode - if you've got anything to say or add.
          Section? You mean this background? Gemini posted a much higher-res version literally 15 minutes after I posted mine. While it was public domain when it first hit the internet, I had that image sitting on my hard drive along with my "then-special" footage for a while before the proto was released.

I won't be using it the way it was probably intended to play, due to the way I've had to jerry-rig everything together to make it "playable" - but I'd still appreciate your insights.
          I like your vision of the game's plot. You put in context that makes sense based on what you have to work with without it looking like you just injected stuff for the sake of filler. I definitely look forward to every installment you upload.

EDIT: I found this using a hex editor.

Last edited by OKeijiDragon; 03-28-2013, 03:14 AM.
          If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

An update on my project:

I still need to find furniture... :-/

Comment

Impressive stuff. One of these days I've got to learn how to do that.

Remember those background sets I used to do before RE15 got released? Here's something I came up with while developing the next episode of my RE15 video series. A visual guide of sorts for some of the Sewers rooms I'll be visiting in the future.

Comment

Impressive stuff. One of these days I've got to learn how to do that.
                Thank you! It's free, easy, and legal!

Remember those background sets I used to do before RE15 got released? Here's something I came up with while developing the next episode of my RE15 video series. A visual guide of sorts for some of the Sewers rooms I'll be visiting in the future.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?29icu0ln8yti45d
                Completely spot-on! I think you should also mention how the single break room in 1.5 was split and segregated in retail.

Comment

Spot on! And there's more. The more work I do on drafting the rest of the sewers, the more I find. It was Black Crow who told me a long time ago that there's more of the RE15 sewers in RE2 than anyone thought. I don't think even he realized how true that statement was. That picture sheet was just the major areas - the ones most people will be asking about. So, adding to that list ...

Break Room --> Split in two and parts segregated to different areas
                  Spider Tunnel --> The room with the unreachable ledge (where Claire and Sherry spot the Tyrant/Birkin)
                  L-Tunnels --> Eventually merged and reworked into the "Y Corridor"
                  Tool Room --> Moved to RE2 basement area under construction, became Save Room in there
                  Drain Tank Control Deck panels --> relocated to one end of upper level of RE2 Central Hub

... and so on, and so on. I even think the Drain Pipe might have its RE15 analog, too, though I'm undecided yet what it might be. I think its safe to say (although some will begrudge this) that Black Crow was right. Most (if not ALL) of the RE15 sewers got reworked and reused in RE2. If only we had know that at the time! That's another one we owe "da Team" for their release of this build.

I've always thought it odd that the Bridge Corridor had that right-hand turn at the end in the RE15 map we have - but once you realize it was moved and became the main tunnel to the Collection Pool in RE2, where you fight the alligator, then that turn makes perfect sense. And its flooring in RE2 - reminds me of the flooring of the Pump Room in RE15. Gotta love canned texture libraries.

Episode 13 should finish uploading tonight. The plot logic is a bit goofy, I must admit - but I'm trying to combine plot paths that might be unique to each game so you can see "everything" that's supposed to happen. God, I hope that makes sense. The end of Stage 2 is near ....
                  Last edited by RMandel; 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Oh hell yes Giant Alligator fight is up next!

Comment

Just finished up the last episode of Stage 2 and am uploading it now. Providing the link before I call it a day and catch some zzzzzs. May not be active for a bit, but it soon will be. Enjoy!

Comment

Just finished up the last episode of Stage 2 and am uploading it now. Providing the link before I call it a day and catch some zzzzzs. May not be active for a bit, but it soon will be. Enjoy!
                        Waiting for it to be processed currently CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! The build-up to this was so fucking tense!

Comment

It's done. Hope you liked it.

Comment

Hell yes I did! Although the alligator is probably not fought in that way but regardless the story was damn awesome and noone knows how the original fight played out but it is possible it was just a generic shoot it till it dies fight.

Comment

Great stuff man. Don't forget that we have confirmation that the "baby gator" tank is completely drained immediately following the flood escape though.

---

Here is an update of my UT level; FRAPS isn't doing it any justice (why on earth is the image so dark? bit-shifting?)...

Comment

Well, Enig, I thought I'd let you and the resident experts do the actual RE15 gameplay walkthrough. You're right about the "baby gator" tank being drained again, though - provided the North Canal is the proper escape route in the game proper. Dramatically, for my series, the escape worked better with the way out being behind the Drain Tank's main pump. Limitations of available videos/stills and such - I needed it to connect, as in RE2, so I could use RE2's giant gator footage (placeholder purposes).

I'm taking a bit of a breather, but I'd be willing to a "straight" video of how you think the Sewers SHOULD play in both Elza's and Leon's game for reference purposes. Maybe D.Birkin and the rest of Team IGAS might find it helpful, too, given the half-developed state of the Sewers in the 40% build. Let's bump further discussion of the Sewers over to Aleff's or Eteponge's thread - or start a new one - and take it from there. Deal?

Here's a production hint on your videos. Load 'em up in VirtualDub (or your favorite video editor) and boost the brightness manually before you upload it to YouTube. There's a canned brightness/contrast filter that comes with it which works quite well. And don't use YouTube's 3D option unless your videos are specifically designed for it; otherwise, you can sometimes get some crazy color shifting and such.
                                Last edited by RMandel; 04-02-2013, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X