Loads of RE references througout RE6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
    I know most think RE4 was the one that started that whole action stuff, but the series first went "Hollywood" with CVX. The moment Claire was seen outrunning a helicopter and shooting at enemies ala Lara Croft. Not to mention the cheesy re-introduction of Albert "Neo from the Matrix" Wesker.
    No denying that, and evey game since tried to one up the previous games action.. The terrible woes of the snowball effect.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Bizarrely - as time goes by I find myself enjoying Resident Evil 6 more and more.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
        I know most think RE4 was the one that started that whole action stuff, but the series first went "Hollywood" with CVX. The moment Claire was seen outrunning a helicopter and shooting at enemies ala Lara Croft. Not to mention the cheesy re-introduction of Albert "Neo from the Matrix" Wesker.
        There's no question that CVX got ridiculous with its story elements (the two you mentioned, plus Steve and the climax in the Antarctic base with Kraken-Tentacle Alexia), but the concept, atmosphere, and dark story in that game made up for it. Also, Claire only shot at people during the opening cutscene, which was completely unnecessary (she could have just been sneaking around the base and gotten caught, but they had to make her into some action heroine). If the game was made today, the Wesker parts obviously wouldn't look as ridiculous or be as comical as they were, e.g. "Chris, little fishy, come see my hook!"
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

There are a lot of references, on top of whats already been mentioned :-

* The fight on the train between leon, helena and simmons was basically a nod to the boss fight with Birkin in 2.
          * The canine type mutation of simmons was pretty similar to one of the later Birkin mutations.
          * Carla mutating and taking over the freighter is similar to Excella taking over the ship in 5.
          * The entire Tall Oaks outbreak and sterilization is quite clearly Raccoon City history repeating.
          * Leon holding Ada when she thinks she's died is just what happens in one of the endings in 2.
          * The Jet Ski speaks for itself.
          * jake and Sherry on the cargo transporter being pursued by Ustanak is similar o the Queen Leech chasing Billy and Rebecca at the end of 0.
          * The driver-less runaway trains are like a reference to the Ecliptic Express.
          * The City Hall in Edonia has a feel of the Spencer estate to it.

There are more but I can't think now, it's been a while since I played it

Comment

Originally posted by TheOrganization View Post
            * The driver-less runaway trains are like a reference to the Ecliptic Express.
            LOL, I asked myself this question a lot of times. Who the hell drivers all the empty trains in RE6?
            It made sense in RE0, it was the USS delta team who started the train, but then became zombies.

The cloth colors of Sherry and Jake also resembles their father`s preferences.
            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
              Bizarrely - as time goes by I find myself enjoying Resident Evil 6 more and more.
              I finally gave it a play and it's really not all that bad.

Is it just me or does Leon's outfit on his way to China look like a modern version of the Grant Britman beta outfit?

Comment

Well, I saw all these as references to other action games AND movies. The movie influences is a RE tradition.

The devs were basically recycling material more often than not, though.

Still, some are right... RE6 can grow on you like cancer (I kid, not cancer... like nasal hairs?)
                Last edited by Pikminister; 05-08-2013, 11:13 PM.
                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                  LOL, I asked myself this question a lot of times. Who the hell drivers all the empty trains in RE6?
                  It made sense in RE0, it was the USS delta team who started the train, but then became zombies.

The cloth colors of Sherry and Jake also resembles their father`s preferences.
                  This was the same in RE Outbreak 2. The trains magically had no conductor.

Comment

There were so many references in RE6 to its past glory that it's almost as if the devs were giving us fans a cry for help: HELP GUYS!! ITS CAPCOM'S FAULT, NOT OURS. WE CAN STILL MAKE GOOD HORROR GAMES BUT CAPCOM ISN'T LETTING US MAKE THEM!!!
                    Last edited by Lead belly; 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X