Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A timeline of RE15's history and the hunt for it (1996-2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeganGrass
    replied
    I remember that 'Umbrella rising' image... Isn't that Norman Bates/Psycho?

It's difficult to believe that players were expecting to take down Umbrella, at the time - talk about a kick to the gut.

@RMandell - Great work, you may want to adjust something, though. Someone feel free to correct me (Gemini?), but I don't think that LibCrypt was available to developers at the time. Furthermore, it was only used on an extremely small amount of titles (Bio3, and a couple other non-CAPCOM games).

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
    Everytime i stare at your aya i think, cloud with boobs.
    Ah, one of my favorite scenarios from Final Fantasy 7.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    Thanks for pointing that out Rombie. I fixed it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	COVER3.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	403190

Leave a comment:

• Aleff
    replied
    Nice! I have no problem with posting cool stuff in separated threads, because mine's enourmous and I'm not as active as I wish, so I hardly update the first post.

30 March 1996

- RE1 is released (remake of SWEET HOME with design cues from ALONE IN THE DARK).
    It coins the term "survival horror" from its Load Saved Game tagline ("You have
    once again entered into the world of survival horror ...."). It proves to be
    so successful that Capcom immediately begins planning for a sequel.
    Actually they clearly define the game as Survival Horror, it's not because of the load text, in the japanese version of CAPCOM PS games (at least from some time) the game's genre is always indicated in the cover art. Biohazard's cover indicates clearly that it is from the "Survival Horror" genre just like Street Fighter Zero's cover has "VS FIGHTING" on it.

22 November 2007

- A supposedly Japanese YouTube user posts a supposed video of RE15 as an
    advertisement for selling the game. A tune that will haunt RE15 fans for
    years can be heard playing in the background during the first two-thirds of
    the footage - "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate. (...)
    This is the infamous "Goromacinda" video, made by pointing a handheld camera
    at a PlayStation Portable. It is difficult to watch due to the bad angles at
    which the PSP's built-in LCD screen is frequently positioned and the wobbling
    of the hand-held camera.
    It's Goromacida without the 'n', and unless I'm remembering a different video, it was a PSOne with a portable LCD screen addon, absolutely not PSP...
    Last edited by Aleff; 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• warren
    replied
    fantastic work as always mandel

Leave a comment:

• Darkness
    replied
    Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Sure but by that time I'd already grown accustomed to those warnings being pointless half the time.
    Everytime i stare at your aya i think, cloud with boobs.
    Last edited by Darkness; 07-24-2013, 05:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    Sure but by that time I'd already grown accustomed to those warnings being pointless half the time.

Leave a comment:

• Rombie
    replied
    @Zombie_X - Haha, brilliant. One correct, tag in the top corner should be NTSC J. Worth noting Rammy design this when the PS2 box art and concept hadn't been finalised other than the logo, thus the DVD logo etc.

What's worse is that I had no idea what "hentai" meant at the time so it's not like it was avoidable.
    Excluding the fact that if it was the one on BIOHAZARDextreme/BHX you would have to ignore the "R18/Graphic sexual content" splash page preceeding it... so it was avoidable, you just chose to ignore that part... :p

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    As long as we're sharing images, here's something I whipped up not long ago ....

This is supposed to be a fair representation of the 40% build disc that Capcom Japan shipped to Capcom USA on 6 November 1996 - hence the date on the disc. If Capcom USA ever made any additional "official" copies of their own after they received it, I've no clue whether they'd be like this or done up in a special pressing with custom silk-screened labels.

Mind you, the actual label will probably be handwritten instead of nicely typed. There's also apparently several different variations of official PlayStation CD-Rs, so what's silk-screened onto the disc might be arranged a bit differently per variation.

We know it was an official black-bottom disc because we saw the bottom of the Curator's copy in his Goromacida video. The rest is surmise and guesswork.

May this reconstructed image help put an end to any potential future RE15 fakers on eBay.
    Last edited by RMandel; 07-24-2013, 12:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    Rombie, here you go:

Name:	COVER3.png
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	403186

And to everyone, here's the original image:

Name:	RE4a.jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	403185

And I also found my complete back-up of BIOFLAMES for Geocities. Oh man this brings back memories! I still have a copy of, what was the site, BH-HC? I think it was Biohazard Hardcore or something like that. I have the whole site on a few discs.
    Last edited by Zombie_X; 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deathlygasm
    replied
    Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
    Biohazard Extreme had a hentai section if I remember correctly. I still have the last revision of that site on a DVD somewhere...
    FUCKING SCARY!!!

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    Biohazard Extreme had a hentai section if I remember correctly. I still have the last revision of that site on a DVD somewhere...

Leave a comment:

• Deathlygasm
    replied
    I remember one of the "Extreme" sites had Resident Evil hentai.

Those were dark, dark times. I did not need to see a Licker's tongue used in that way.
    We all remember the guy who posted Nemesis on Jill Hentai on here........

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied
    What's worse is that I had no idea what "hentai" meant at the time so it's not like it was avoidable.

Leave a comment:

• Eteponge
    replied

Those were dark, dark times. I did not need to see a Licker's tongue used in that way.
    Resident Evil Hentai made Zombies and Lickers terrify me even more as a different type of "flesh eater". I wish I could brain bleach some of those images I unfortunately stumbled across on such websites back in the day. XD

Leave a comment:

• News Bot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X