Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A timeline of RE15's history and the hunt for it (1996-2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathlygasm
    replied
    So where's this new version im bored and wanna do some reading

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Advance copies are now in the hands of the proofreaders ...

EDIT - Now back online. New link in first post of thread. Thanks for waiting.
    Last edited by RMandel; 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 90s Gamer
    replied
    I am looking forward to it RMandel. It's great to have a chronology.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    New version coming soon. Just wait a while longer ....

Leave a comment:

• MiLØ
    replied
    Yes links are down until further notice. Explanation is on the previous page: post #151.

Leave a comment:

• MaddinW
    replied
    Did I miss something or are the links in the original post dead? I downloaded RMandel's PDF but I won't get on my home computer for quite a while and I would like to read on. RMandel said its one big file in the start post, but the mediafire links are invalid.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Hunter
    replied
    That's pretty childish, but whatever. We know where that build comes from anyway, you don't need to be a genius to figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    Folks and moderators, I'm sorry to have to hijack this thread, but I just stumbled across a post over on Assembler that's just so full of ... well ... since I can't seem to create an account over there to respond, the only thing left is to respond to it here. So with my apologies ....

----------

There's some troll over there going by the ID of Anathemia that is spewing the most incredible garbage about me, the Team, and the raw build of RE15. WTF?!?! I sold the Team their copy of the raw build?!?! Horseshit!!! It's one thing to get your facts confused, or to have someone feed you a line (as I can recently attest), but THIS?!?! I bought my copy from a former Team member, you lummox - not the other way around!! It's a matter of public record!!! You sound like that guy who started trolling on 4chan last month, claiming to be someone from the Team, and spewing forth the same stream of fetid feces - mixing things from public Team statements, the fan-collected RE15 database, and MY history with all sorts of distorted drivel. Let me give you a piece of advice, Anathemia - get your facts straight. All you sound like is that special sub-class of troll, who mixes up a ball full of half-truths, full-blown lies, and deliberate distortions, who then throws it into a forum thread just to watch it explode, and then laughs heartily at the confusion and carnage created thereof. You make me sick!

And what's that bit about some obscure fan history book that spends all of three paragraphs on RE15?! Yeah, you freak - I went and looked it up. It's pretty much 10% old Capcom press releases and 90% ten-year-old Internet rumor mill that was pretty ripe even back then! I guess there's SOME comparison, given what I've just had to put up with, but I've been trying very hard to get everything about RE15 right as much as I can! You're not helping matters any! Maybe if he'd known what I know now, then maybe he wouldn't have gotten things so wrong - but so did a LOT of old publications, even the professional ones. And did you deliberately forgot to mention the group of fans who took what he wrote and have been trying to straighten it out ever since? Sound familiar?! Puh-leeze!!! Tell you what - why don't I give a list of almost every publication that spends three paragraphs or less on RE15 from ten years or more ago, almost half of which got it JUST as wrong? Like that freakin' hilarious Game Masters review? Remember - Leon starving on the RPD roof, or something like that? No, wait - I already have. It's in the first section of my own RE15 history, and Kegluneq's got all of that and more in his massive RE15 archive. But, I guess your type cares more for "fun" than they do facts, eh?

All you're doing is deliberately confusing things for most people - who simply want to know the truth about RE15 and the controversy surrounding it. Why have you taken it upon yourself to lead them astray? Is this something you like to do, you sub-troll? It's one thing to troll for trolling's sake - just ask the Dynamic Duo over at the Team - but what you're doing is even worse. So, on behalf of everyone seeking the truth about RE15, I'd just like to say this:

S-T-F-U!!!!!

----------

Sorry about that, folks. Like I said, I couldn't get in over at Assembler, and this deserved a response. My most sincere apologies for you having to hear all of that - but the guy got me mad. As mad as ... well ... never mind.

Leave a comment:

• Enigmatism415
    replied
    Originally posted by Graco View Post
    I'm actually curious about what was provided as the undeniable proof in this exchange. And, is there a possibility that we could see it? Probably not, but new and high quality media of the 80% build would be excellent.
    This is precisely what I'd like to know as well. Hopefully the sample of evidence was at least somewhat helpful to their project.

Leave a comment:

• Zombie_X
    replied
    It's no biggie man.

Leave a comment:

• RMandel
    replied
    this is from my second less informative but apparently more reliable source. There WAS a private collector, the final build WAS involved, and the deal fell apart. The TeM has apparently tried to get back in touch with him several times,it with no luck. There's apparently something else involved in the deal - What it is, I won't say - and yes, 'multiple builds' of RE15 were involved - not just the PVB and final.Just how many and what they were, this other source didn't know.

Most of that info has been acknowledged in one form or another by the Team or their mouthpieces, so I feel pretty good about It. The rest? too much bunkum in it to sort out right now. Will have to do more digging.

Looks like I made the mistake all researchers do at some point. Got too obsessed and got carried away. My bad.
    Last edited by RMandel; 09-26-2013, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Graco
    replied
    Originally posted by BiohazardFE View Post
    It's always interesting to me to read about that. Of course I won't be so disrespectful to ask who it was and where it took place etc, but was there evidence the build holder did actually have the 80%? I know I probably sound like captain obvious but I've always wondered about it since the early days. It may seem like a silly question but it will make me feel better about the whole thing at least.
    I'm actually curious about what was provided as the undeniable proof in this exchange. And, is there a possibility that we could see it? Probably not, but new and high quality media of the 80% build would be excellent.
    Last edited by Graco; 09-26-2013, 03:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BiohazardFE
    replied
    It's always interesting to me to read about that. Of course I won't be so disrespectful to ask who it was and where it took place etc, but was there evidence the build holder did actually have the 80%? I know I probably sound like captain obvious but I've always wondered about it since the early days. It may seem like a silly question but it will make me feel better about the whole thing at least.

Leave a comment:

• MiLØ
    replied
    Right, so he had a 80% build for sure, plus maybe some other builds, but total number of 7 was fabricated.

Leave a comment:

• Eteponge
    replied
    Well, we know from Team IGAS that they were in contact with a private collector who had the 80% build, who disappeared in December 2012 when evidence became public that the PVB had been passed around multiple hands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X