No announcement yet.

The Bosses of 1.5 official discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have preferred something more like pressing a switch and closing some gates on it instead. They had actually utilized that method for killing zombies, but discarded it in the retail. It could have been reused for the alligator fight instead.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

maybe in 1.5 you just unload on it until it dies and it kills you in one hit

Comment

That is what I think was originally intended. If you have ever played RECO for the original half life mod svencoop, there's a stage where you fall down a hole and you have to fight a giant alligator. All you need to do is move a box and let the room fill up with water, which drowns it. My point is that it's set in a room underground with just you and the Alligator and you have to keep dodging it with no easy way out. Judging by the design of the 1.5 room I speculate that it's a similar situation, in that you have to keep moving but this time shooting as well. I can see why the developers would've thought that it wasn't hollywood enough, but come one! It was probably a damn sight more challenging having to face it a lot closer, and without the aid of the jaws tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
          heres all the transformations for those who havn't seen! Sadly no footage of the third form nor do we know where it appears

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8991[/ATTACH]
          I've never really noticed that the third mutation has a large mouth, perhaps the start of the fourth mutation in that picture. Could it have been possible for it that mutation to pull a one hit kill, similar to the Hunter Beta in RE3, where it eats you?

Originally posted by Ohmycod View Post
          That is what I think was originally intended. If you have ever played RECO for the original half life mod svencoop, there's a stage where you fall down a hole and you have to fight a giant alligator. All you need to do is move a box and let the room fill up with water, which drowns it. My point is that it's set in a room underground with just you and the Alligator and you have to keep dodging it with no easy way out. Judging by the design of the 1.5 room I speculate that it's a similar situation, in that you have to keep moving but this time shooting as well. I can see why the developers would've thought that it wasn't hollywood enough, but come one! It was probably a damn sight more challenging having to face it a lot closer, and without the aid of the jaws tank.
          I wonder if there was a room above the room where you fight the crocodile, maybe it was possible to fill the room with water, get out and fight it at a higher level where you can run around without being trapped? I can't remember if there was though...

Comment

^It's actually quite the opposite. You have to drain the water in the pool from a control terminal on the higher level in order to gain access to the pool.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

I wonder what causes the sewer to flood?

Comment

Could be anything. Broken pipings or an explosion in the central hub of the sewers perhaps. Also, Elza/Leon did just drain a shit ton of water from the alligator pool, so that could have contributed to overloading the system.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

Its just so mysterious i love this talk maybe Newsbot knows how it played put

Comment

Working...
                  X