BIOHAZARD 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scream View Post
    On that note, I'd love to see a Biohazard in space. OK, not like Dino Crisis or Jason X (actually I like Jason X for some reason), but Dead-space like. Newsbot should get on his horn and start sounding out about it to devs and shit.
    I think the RE5 prequel comics attempted this and failed miserably?
    Spoiler:

I didn't read them though, so maybe I'm wrong but it looked pretty awful when I skimmed through it at a comic store years back. Also for anyone who has read them, are these werewolves?
    Spoiler:

Comment

• Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
      Isaac i need you to go downstairs to my office and fix the goddamn printer, and while you at it don't forget to bring me some sweet skittles from the vending machine, my sugar levels are too damn low !
      LOL I think the reason in part for this is that DS is a plot driven narrative, which means Isaac is Reactive rather than Proactive though it may seem that he was turned into an errand boy his grip on the story is very limited(except for the end maybe),on the going ons thus only deal with them. What's interesting with his character is that he doesnt talk(DS1) A very smart move by the developers cause it reenforce the player's loneliness.

Besides my soft spot for Hard Science Fiction,the scenaristic background, level design...remember watching one by one the ad panels "Bioprosthesis:We keep you going!" "RIG: We Watch each other's back!" all the work accomplished contributed to this massive atmosphere. I think they even invented the term "Planet Cracking"

The possibility of enhancing weapons, armor, inventory slots, health & a lot of other stuff reminded me a bit of RE4; made me smile

RE6 ? M'Yeah, just put your brain on auto pilot, Don't bother to search the level all ya need to is make through the next door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Akainu View Post
        LOL I think the reason in part for this is that DS is a plot driven narrative, which means Isaac is Reactive rather than Proactive though it may seem that he was turned into an errand boy his grip on the story is very limited(except for the end maybe),on the going ons thus only deal with them. What's interesting with his character is that he doesnt talk(DS1) A very smart move by the developers cause it reenforce the player's loneliness.

Besides my soft spot for Hard Science Fiction,the scenaristic background, level design...remember watching one by one the ad panels "Bioprosthesis:We keep you going!" "RIG: We Watch each other's back!" all the work accomplished contributed to this massive atmosphere. I think they even invented the term "Planet Cracking"

The possibility of enhancing weapons, armor, inventory slots, health & a lot of other stuff reminded me a bit of RE4; made me smile

RE6 ? M'Yeah, just put your brain on auto pilot, Don't bother to search the level all ya need to is make through the next door.
        The linear game play is what ruined the series for me, there is no exploration whatsoever or trying to solve some complicated riddles along the way, all you have to do is shoot the enemies with your arsenal and run like a bitch afterwards until you finish the game! Also not to mention the level system which is an arcade game style and it doesn't fit the survival horror genre, when you start the game back in the day, you didn't know exactly what is your current location or when you're gonna reach the end of the game, that was part of the atmosphere which resembles real life situations. No health gauge, ammo gauge or a real time map on the screen to help you throughout the game, only the playable character with a handful of items and weapons to survive...

Comment

• Dead Space sucks. I cringe every time some fanboy shouts this "DS is SOOOO much better than RE nowadays" bull shit. It is just as linear as the next RE (you don't know where to go, even if the game is a fucking corridor ? just click a button and the way will flash on the floor, duh), the gameplay is dull and awful, the scare tactics are painfully predictable (yeah, just respawn enemies in my back when I'm in a dead end, this is sooo original) and the story... wait, is there a story in this ? You're just the fucking space repairman.
          If you have to criticize RE6, be sure to PLAY it before. It is a good action game. Sure, it has a lot of flaws, and it's not what I want for Resident Evil 7, but it is by no means the "biggest pile of turd" some enraged people describe.

Comment

• I reserve Biggest Pile of Turd for ORC. And that I did play. Briefly.

I like Dead Space more than the modern RE games for one reason - at least it scares me. Yes, it uses some fairly basic tricks to do it. But when I see a slasher heading my way it worries me, even with the gattling spike thrower I made in DS3. I see a single Ganado/Majini and I go 'meh'.

Plus the plot is actually pretty fun...and we even get a good chunk of it in the games. Unlike RE5, where most of the story was in files you could't even find in game. The third game was a bit of a fuck up, in my view, but it was nowhere near as bad as an RE game. Simply put - I got scared and I had fun, and RE hasn't done that since Outbreak. Although I haven't played Revelations yet, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Dead Space sucks. I cringe every time some fanboy shouts this "DS is SOOOO much better than RE nowadays" bull shit. It is just as linear as the next RE (you don't know where to go, even if the game is a fucking corridor ? just click a button and the way will flash on the floor, duh), the gameplay is dull and awful, the scare tactics are painfully predictable (yeah, just respawn enemies in my back when I'm in a dead end, this is sooo original) and the story... wait, is there a story in this ? You're just the fucking space repairman.
              If you have to criticize RE6, be sure to PLAY it before. It is a good action game. Sure, it has a lot of flaws, and it's not what I want for Resident Evil 7, but it is by no means the "biggest pile of turd" some enraged people describe.
              What makes me cringe is when people say DS is linear whereas Resident Evil turned into corridor shooter This is just silly. The player is'nt forced to use the floor trail wire. If you believe it hinders your immersion,don't use it.

And please don't tell me the jumpscare are predictable the first time you play the game the Scare value decrease once you know where enemies are going to pop but this is the same thing for every game you play...

I may be breaking the news to you but yes their is a story in DS, & the main protagonist is actually an engineer, so yeah unlike 007 agent Kennedy he's able to do repairs,he's also psychologically used & does'nt have any pretencious intention to "save the world"...

Dead Space is adult oriented, that's a big difference with RE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                I reserve Biggest Pile of Turd for ORC. And that I did play. Briefly.

I like Dead Space more than the modern RE games for one reason - at least it scares me. Yes, it uses some fairly basic tricks to do it. But when I see a slasher heading my way it worries me, even with the gattling spike thrower I made in DS3. I see a single Ganado/Majini and I go 'meh'.

Plus the plot is actually pretty fun...and we even get a good chunk of it in the games. Unlike RE5, where most of the story was in files you could't even find in game. The third game was a bit of a fuck up, in my view, but it was nowhere near as bad as an RE game. Simply put - I got scared and I had fun, and RE hasn't done that since Outbreak. Although I haven't played Revelations yet, so...
                Thanks for your unbiaised view. Most old school fan are well into their 20s and 30s. Time to make something a bit more complex than some degenerate Michael Bay....

PS:I'm thinking about offering RE6 to my eleven years old Niece for Christmas, it's not too violent nor gory, would be the perfect fit!
                Last edited by Akainu; 12-13-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• I found the first Dead Space a little boring, I thought the backtracking was fairly annoying at times, the jumpscares were decent but the weapons and gore were great. I really enjoyed DS2, was definitely a step up. I haven't played DS3 just yet although I've heard bad things about it.

Comment

• Dead space 3 is merely ragged on because of the optional (and well implemented) co-op, the cover style that freaks people out because they think the game is going to become "space of wars", and the crappy micro transactions that ea saddled it with. The story is emotionally investing and quite good, just like 2. However, like two, its gameplay followed from how the last game ends. In two, it started out slow and ended fast, three starts out fast and ends awesome. The crafting system is fun to experiment with (make an acid thrower, they are lovely), and the logs and bonus stuff is just as scary as before.

It really is a great game, and while I do think 2 is the best, three is still wonderful. Give it a chance, even if its a rental from gamefly or watching a lets play.

Comment

• I thought Dead Space 3 was pretty good, the only thing that I hated about it was the love triangle plot point. That and "Awakened" being DLC, which should've been part of the base game as it contains the true ending.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Yeah, gotta admit, awakened should've been a part of the final game. Though to be fair, with how the main game ended, especially the final boss, the awakened part may have seemed...off.

Comment

• I loved the first Dead Space and thought the second one was decent, but I hated the third one so much that I had to force myself to finish it. While I agree that the series is as linear as modern RE at least the atmosphere was spot on in the first one. It captured the essence that made me want to play RE back in the day. It constantly had me nervous and scared of everything. If a game can do that then that's a good horror game in my eyes, and that's not something I can say about modern RE. RE has the better plot of the two series, (in my eyes) I found the backstory behind the markers intriguing though I'm pretty irritated with their lack of closure on Isaac's father. He's the only character I find interesting!

RE is easily the better of the two series but DS1 definitely had some things in its favor that RE could benefit from and shouldn't be ignored.
                          Last edited by Graco; 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake View Post
                            Dead space 3 is merely ragged on because of the optional (and well implemented) co-op, the cover style that freaks people out because they think the game is going to become "space of wars", and the crappy micro transactions that ea saddled it with. The story is emotionally investing and quite good, just like 2. However, like two, its gameplay followed from how the last game ends. In two, it started out slow and ended fast, three starts out fast and ends awesome. The crafting system is fun to experiment with (make an acid thrower, they are lovely), and the logs and bonus stuff is just as scary as before.

It really is a great game, and while I do think 2 is the best, three is still wonderful. Give it a chance, even if its a rental from gamefly or watching a lets play.
                            This, seriously this. I really don't get the hate Dead Space 3 receives. The gameplay is still the same Dead Space as always and it still features the jump scares and great atmosphere the series is known for. (My friend can confirm that it scared the shit out of him at parts). The weapon crafting was the best new addition in my opinion. I spent so much time just making different kinds of weapons and testing them out. The optional co-op was nice and the human enemies/cover people complain about is barely there. You encounter the human enemies so little in the game. When you do, there's almost always necromorphs around, which would join in on the fight and most of the time would wipe out the human enemies before I even had a chance to. The other complaint I usually hear, the micro transactions, are completely unnecessary and can be completely ignored. By the middle of the game, I had so much material to make stuff, I forgot they were even there. I also enjoyed the story quite a bit. Much better than anything RE6 had to offer anyway.
                            Last edited by Spera01; 12-19-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Not played Dead Space 3 but DS1 and 2 were very boring. Cannot think of anything from either of those I'd like to see used in the RE series.

The co-op method of DS3 sounds good but having not played it I cannot say for sure I'd ike that, my concern is the co-op is just single player with two people for the most part, what I love about RE5 is the final game was designed around co-op in its gameplay, boss battles especially. RE6 felt like single player with another person most of the time with the co-op elements removed from gameplay. I don't count "you stand there, I here, we both press a switch" etc as co-op gameplay.
                              Last edited by Dracarys; 12-20-2013, 06:02 AM.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X