Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

obsrv - Private Outbreak Server (File #1 and #2 , NTSC-J only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I guess it's better than waiting for CAPCOM to re-release Outbreak with the online mode rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
      I love outbreak far more than I should but I'll just wait for the release for the US version which will happen inevitably someday. I cant be buying ANOTHER console to fit in my room.
      Don't hold your breath. No packet captures from the US and EU servers have been found, so there's literally nothing to reverse-engineer the US and EU servers from. Just go with Rick Hunter's advice and softmod your PS2, or run it on PCSX2 if you have a decent PC.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

Is there a patch more complete than the 62% for File #2?
        If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckthePlant View Post
          Is there a patch more complete than the 62% for File #2?
          Hem...
          Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
          3) Patch the ISOs (the patch not only translates some texts to english but also helps you to bypass the DNAS check during network setup) Here is a link where you can get the patches and the program needed to apply them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByO...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            Hem...
            *Patch needed tested: 95% completed patch* ~Patch causes freezes, ad-libs need remade.
            Also, regarding hard drive installation for this game - how does it work? Do you have to launch the game from the PS2 HDD access disc, or can you launch it from DVD and have it run the files on the HDD - is it an option you choose in-game?

I have it installed using my hardmod to my HDD and it seems to be loading faster, but I believe it reports me as having the DVD version in the game lobbies.
            Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 01-08-2014, 09:57 AM.
            If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

^I'm not sure. I only got the codes from the somebody else. You're better off asking on the obsrv forums. I can't recommend using the HDD install feature of the game since only other official HDD-installed players can join your game and since it doesn't really offer any speed-ups compared to running on HDD hack. Since the majority of players are using HDD hack/DVD/emulator to play the game, they will be unable to join your games making it harder for you to find people to play with.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

I can´t make a video now, but, to make things easier, I can write a brief guide:

1) Create an account on http://www.obsrv.org/

2) Get an Outbreak or Outbreak file 2 NTSC J version in either physical disk (with also a PS2 capable of running japanese games) or ISO file to run on PCSX2

From here on in, these steps are specifically for those who want to play with emu (wich is the way I did it), and different things should be made and take into account in case you want to play on PS2 real console:

(So, for emu players)

3) Patch the ISOs (the patch not only translates some texts to english but also helps you to bypass the DNAS check during network setup) Here is a link where you can get the patches and the program needed to apply them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByO...it?usp=sharing

4) Get PCSX2 and load Outbreak or Outbreak file 2 to start network configuration, here is a step by step guide on how to configure network: http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=388 , once you finished your network setup, you should be redirected to the server loggin screen, where you have to write the same user name and password from your obsrv.org forum account.

5) If network configuration doesn´t work, or crashes or whatever, as an alternative you can download this emu: http://www.mediafire.com/download/30...hva5c/PS23.rar which comes with the network setup already configured and ready to play, so ignore step 4 if you want to do it this way.

Hope it helps, I´ve did it yesterday and already played both Outbreaks succesfully online with other people. Sorry for my english, you know, it´s not my own language.
                I tried that emulator with everything already setup but all I get now is..............

"The configured DEV9 plugin file is not a valid dynamic library" DEV9ghzdrk.dll
                Press OK to go to the plugin control panel .

"File is not a valid dynamic library."
                Some kinda plugin failure \Users\Owner\Desktop\New outbreak online folder\PS23\plugins\ZZOgl-r5724.dll

I think I will just give up in a minute .

Comment

You must use the DEV9giga-razi plugin and BIOS that is compatible or pre-configured for the network adapter natively (Slim BIOS is usually a safe bet since the network adapter is built in). Make sure your hard-wired Ethernet connection is solid and play around with Bridge and Switch mode if it doesn't already work. I've never seen DEV9ghzdrk.dll before... Are you using the binary version of PCSX2?

Comment

OK, I've downloaded the pre-configured emulator and tried going in Network Play and this is what I got:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	imagem.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	403490

That guide also doesn't help.
                    Can someone help me? I'm totally lost!

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                      OK, I've downloaded the pre-configured emulator and tried going in Network Play and this is what I got:
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9355[/ATTACH]

That guide also doesn't help.
                      Can someone help me? I'm totally lost!
                      Select the third option which will send you to the network loading screen and DNAS check and then to loggin screen.

First option is for network setup and second option I don´t know, but if you have the third option, that means you have already configured the network so you don´t need to bother with the first and second options.

In other words, first option will create third option in case you don´t have it.
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

The third option doesn't do anything, pressing Ball or Triangle, it just opens a blank screen.

Name:	imagem.JPG
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	403491

Comment

OK, I've managed to get the text. This is the main screen:

Name:	Main Screen.JPG
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	403492

This is what happens if you press Ball on the third option:

Name:	If you press Ball on Third Option.JPG
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	403493

This is what happens if you press Ball on the second option:

Name:	If you press Ball on Second Option.JPG
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	403494

This is what happens if you go to the right with the second option on the second screen selected:

Name:	If you press Ball on Second Option2.JPG
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	403495Click image for larger version

Name:	If you press Ball on Second Option3.JPG
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	403496

This is what happens if you go to the right with the first option on the second screen selected:

Name:	If you press Right on First Option.JPG
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	403497

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Pressing triangle on the third option should open the empty box, while pressing circle should lead to server loading screen, maybe it´s something wrong with your pad / keyboard config.
                            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-08-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PzR3sgssi0#t=44

Pressing triangle on the third option should open the empty box, while pressing circle should lead to server loading screen, maybe it´s something wrong with your pad / keyboard config.
                              OK, everything wrong with my PC was a wrong plugin. I've downloaded another DEV9 plugin, and managed to go to the third screen. It loads up until 6%, and then, it gives me this:

Name:	Unknown.JPG
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	403498

Comment

Check if your new DEV9 plugin is properly configured (Enable ethernet and set to Switch mode)

You must have a wired connection, according to the forums, the server doesn´t support wireless connection.

Try closing emu and re-opening to try again.

Try closing programs and things which may downgrade your internet connection (Skype, Youtube, Facebook)

Check if PCSX2 has permits to pass through your firewalls and antivirus that you have, also try running it as admin.

Comment

Working...
                                X