Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

obsrv - Private Outbreak Server (File #1 and #2 , NTSC-J only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I have an Ethernet cable running between my computer and a router. It didn't introduce any additional complications of which I'm aware...
    My router is wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
      My router is wireless.
      That won't work until someone builds a new plugin. For now, you must have a hard-wired connection to your router or modem in order to play either game online. It's inconvenient for me too; I have to run a cable across my hallway... :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        That won't work until someone builds a new plugin. For now, you must have a hard-wired connection to your router or modem in order to play either game online. It's inconvenient for me too; I have to run a cable across my hallway... :-/
        well fuck.
        no wonder.

Comment

The network in our house uses a router, but I haven't experienced any problem with it so far. Searching for firewall-related problems on obsrv brings up this post by the_fog (the server creator):

So you don't see the login screen ?

Then your emulator doesn't connect to the login page. This are possible causes:
          1.) your dns query is not send out to the server (port 53 udp firewall or dns entry problem)
          2.) the dns answer is not reaching your emulator (again port 53 udp but forwarding problem)
          3.) emulator gets the dns entry but cannot connect to port 443 tcp (firewall/routing/forwarding problem)

1. and 2. partly can be checked. Open a terminal cmd shell and enter "nslookup www01.kddi-kddi.jp 178.254.9.233". The kddi-adress must be resolved to 178.254.9.233! like here:

Code: Select all
          nslookup www01.kddi-mmbb.jp 178.254.9.233
          Server: 178.254.9.233
          Address: 178.254.9.233#53

Name: www01.kddi-mmbb.jp
          Address: 178.254.9.233
          Also, do not forget that the game cannot run on wireless connections. You need to have your machine hooked up via ethernet cable to a router or a second PC/laptop running wireless that will act as a tether.

I also have a japanese ps2 with a built in hard drive but have no clue how to make it online
          To clear things up:

> If you are playing on real hardware with an original copy of the game, you do not need to modify anything or use any hacks. Just follow the guide on setting up the network connection and you're good to go.
          > Same goes if you are using the official HDD install feature of the game along with an original copy of the game. Take note that you will be limited to making official HDD-only rooms though (HDLoader/emu players will be unable to join your room).
          > If you are using PCSX2 emulator / real hardware + HDLoader / want to play the game in English, then you will need to patch the game with the English patch in order to bypass the DNAS check. If you do not want to patch the game in English, then you can also patch the DNAS separately.
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-09-2014, 02:25 AM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

Anyone know if it will work on a softmodded Slim with Freemcboot?
            ケツイ~絆地獄たち~

Comment

Originally posted by Ketsui View Post
              Anyone know if it will work on a softmodded Slim with Freemcboot?
              This is exactly that I'm wonder, someone can say if it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                This is exactly that I'm wonder, someone can say if it work?
                Haven't tried it yet, but unless their fake-server system checks to verify the disc authenticity in a similar way the official ones checked for bootlegs and such, there shouldn't be a problem using a soft-modded system.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  Haven't tried it yet, but unless their fake-server system checks to verify the disc authenticity in a similar way the official ones checked for bootlegs and such, there shouldn't be a problem using a soft-modded system.
                  If you're referring to the DNAS checkpoint, then yes, it remains perfectly intact on their server. To remedy this, I just applied one of the many English patches, which allow the games to bypass the DNAS stage. The word on the street is that soft-modded consoles DO comply with their servers, but I'm unsure of the details because I've yet to try it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    Thanks for the reply! I forgot to mention something, as my PS2 laser not work, I use a special program to load games from a USB stick, anyone know if the server works this way?

Comment

I'd try the freemcboot out, but my Slim went missing. :| Devastating.
                      When I am home and retrieve a new Slim, I will definitely return to Outbreak online.
                      It's been so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                        Thanks for the reply! I forgot to mention something, as my PS2 laser not work, I use a special program to load games from a USB stick, anyone know if the server works this way?
                        Can you even boot the game at all using a USB drive? I heard booting games using PS2's USb 1.1 is very slow and has crap compatibility. Factor that with Outbreak's horrendous load times and you're gonna end up with a lot of long wait times in between rooms. You should consider using an HDD instead. Also, you can connect to the servers using any method (original DVD/burned DVD/original HDD/HDD hack/PCSX2/soft mod/hard mod/mod chip/insert other method here) as long as you patch the DNAS. What you should be worried about is if the game will run decently using the method you choose to use.
                        Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-10-2014, 10:10 AM.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Been a while since i've used it, but didn't OpenPS2Loader add Ethernet streaming to play ISO / BIN from a network drive?, SMB I think.
                          I seem to remember it being quicker than USB an more reliable for slim users.
                          Last edited by Mikhail; 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            Can you even boot the game at all using a USB drive? I heard booting games using PS2's USb 1.1 is very slow and has crap compatibility.
                            I haven't used OpenPS2Loader for about 2 years but when I did compatibility was amazing - the biggest issue with using USB 1.1 was FMV's. They are slow. Extremely slow, and some can crash the game - gameplay however is as smooth as butter.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                            Been a while since i've used it, but didn't OpenPS2Loader add Ethernet streaming to play ISO / BIN from a network drive?, SMB I think.
                            I seem to remember it being quicker than USB an more reliable for slim users.
                            Yeah OpenPS2Loader supports SMB, though I could never get it to work myself. And yeah, I heard the FMV's were seamless in SMB.

Comment

Hi guys, small question for Outbreak players: What do I have to do to unlock Showdown 2?

According to Gamefaqs and other websites, it says "Clear five scenarios to unlock Showdown 2", I´ve cleared the entire game (five scenarios) as you can see in the picture, (otherwise I wouldn´t have Hard mode and AIPC amount set):

Click image for larger version

Name:	showdown.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	403504

Note: I´ve unlocked S3 without spending points by joining a random match with a guy and clearing the scenario, so I could do the same with S2 but seems like nobody hosts a game in S2 so I´m trying to unlock this in the normal way.
                              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

That's weird. Have you tried beating Showdown 1?
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X